It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Little Experiment... Airborne BP Oil Experiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Not sure if this is true, but would be worrying if it is...

A Little Experiment... Airborne BP Oil Experiment

I have this bucket that I fill with water for hand watering small fruits and other things in my yard. Tuesday, I still had a gallon or two of water in it when I was done. I just left it in there. Thursday, I came home, and was getting ready to re-fill it, when I noticed the rainbow sheen of oil.

I dumped out the water, cleaned it out with dish detergent, rinsed it thoroughly, re-filled it, did my watering, and purposefully re-filled it with a couple of gallons of fresh water. Last night, I made sure there was no oily sheen there.

Sad to report that there is a very light sheen of oil on the surface of the water, today. I am going to continue this experiment every day, now. Hopefully, when the light gets a little better, I can start taking pictures, and getting them posted here on a day-to-day basis.

I'd like to ask you all to start conducting this same, simple experiment, if you live within the "Gulf Moisture Bubble" from the Gulf to the Mid-South, to Georgia.
Take a clean bucket or wash basin, fill it with fresh water daily. Check it every 24-hours, and repeat.Report observations in comments, right here. Perhaps some Math-type with mad graphing skillz will help map our observations over the coming weeks.

Pointing at a blue blob of concentrated Oil sheen

A bunch of little concentrations just to the right of my fingers

I ran my finger through the sheen twice. You can see the clean streaks starting North East of my finger... running NE. The rest is sheen. It almost looks a uniform lavender in the upper right portion "light circle" in the pic.

LINK to Source

Would be interesting if any ATS users over the pond near the oil disaster, have time to do a simple experiment like this.

Simple bucket or cups of water leave them on the window sill check back in few hours or day.

Would be interesting to collect the results and plot a map on concentrations levels in the air.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by StealthKix]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
there is ethereal oil in fruits.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

He's not washing fruit in the bucket. He's watering small trees/bushes etc with the bucket. The water left out overnight develops a sheen of oil.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I live on the MS Gulf Coast so i think that this is a great idea. I would like to add one suggestion though use 2 clean plasic (food grade if you can get them) buckets fill them from same source of water. place a cover over one to act as a control and leave the other exposed to the atmosphere.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This is very interesting and disturbing at the same time. If this water is collecting oil through the air, so are the lungs of humans. I have a feeling there will be health problems for many, many Southerners. If not from the oil, then from the massive amount of chemical despersants. People from the South should conduct this test on their own, just to see what kind of crap they are breathing in.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
I live on the MS Gulf Coast so i think that this is a great idea. I would like to add one suggestion though use 2 clean plasic (food grade if you can get them) buckets fill them from same source of water. place a cover over one to act as a control and leave the other exposed to the atmosphere.

I second that. Good post and good controls.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
maybe its made it into the water supply? ethier way this is bad news

join