It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mad as hell - The real face of the BP oil catastrophe

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

B.P. can be sorry as they want to, I just do not believe them. You can judge any person or organization by their fruit they bear. B.P.'s fruit appear to be first class, but it is rotten deep inside. Their primary goal is to show maximum profit on their audited books. Milk the people of this earth off as much money to make maximum profit. I would not be shocked that the whole event with this oil leak was not too indirectly make even more money from the suckers who pay for the petrol / gas, You and I. What comes around, goes around - That's one of my golden rules. It will go back to them what they done to us, they will not get away with it.

PS: I would not be amazed I the PTB makes a lot of money from this whole situation by buying as much as possible share purchases at the low prize while B.P. are in crisis times - that is the way they do it....

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
this truly makes me depressed.....
and ashamed of being a part of the oilsystem

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
anyone seen that????

"BP is burning endangered sea turtles alive."

Source

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gaiagirl
That video is one of the saddest things I have ever seen. It is absolutely heartbreaking. We are witnessing the beautiful pristine Gulf coast becoming a toxic wasteland right before our very eyes. And for what purpose? Greed, and a callous disregard for our Mother Earth. The ramifications of this disaster are terrifying. Not only will this disaster destroy the ecosystem b/c of all the oil, that is nothing compared to what will happen if the massive amount of methane on the ocean floor that is continuing to grow changes from a liquid to a gaseous state and rises into the atmosphere. Not only will it suck all the oxygen out of the atmosphere surrounding it, killing anyone and anything in its path, ,anything could ignite it, creating an explosion that could possibly blow up the entire gulf region. Furthermore, the oil deposits from the spill will ignite, and fires will be impossible to extinguish. The fires could go one for years. God help us all.

The scenario you describe sounds like it could have happened on Mars!!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

That plasics are made from oil is not our choice and alternatives have been ignored by oil companies for 100 years or so since polylactic acid was identified as a source of plastics production. It is catching on a bit now, but hemp is one source and corn another for polylactic acid plastic production.

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm sick of posters on ATS who are nothing more than apologists for the oil companies and their cronies in the auto industry. We had fairly simple atomizing technology for gas engines over 49 years back that could have (and did, as a friend of mine was able to build one) deliver 32 mpg for a then 1964 Lincoln Continental. And you go down the line with the lobbying of oil companies to rid LA of it's fine subway trains in the 1920s and 1930s, to the hyping and production of SUVs in the 90s which miraculously increased their gas mileage by 25% during the war in Iraq and the rising gas prices then. That is not say we are not personally responsible for an overconsumptive lifestyle in America, but at every turn big capital has chosen alternatives where they can maximize profits and avoid adopting technological advances that would mitigate that consumption and destruction.

Here's a primer on what a "Dead Zone" looks is and does:

www.smm.org...

BP, Congress, the White House and our regulatory agencies have created a nightmare scenario in the Gulf that the American people are being spoon fed the results ever so slowly so we don't freak out.Fish and other wildlife are fleeing the oil out in the Gulf of Mexico and gathering in cleaner waters along the coast, the Associated Press reports.

www.delawareonline.com...

Fish and other wildlife are fleeing the oil out in the Gulf of Mexico and gathering in cleaner waters along the coast, the Associated Press reports. "A parellel would be: Why are the wildlife running to the edge of a forest on fire? There will be a lot of fish, sharks, turtles trying to get out of this water they detect is not suitable," Larry Crowder, a Duke University marine biologist, told the AP."

The death toll in the above article is vastly underestimated as the article hints at, but this is a report that poses that this toll is being purposely hidden:

rawstory.com...

griid.org...

Other reports have said that the Navy is involved in hiding the toll and destroying the bodies at sea, but I haven't been able to track that down again. I can't confirm it's true, but the federal government has been involved in this cover-up since the beginning.

I join the OP in this anger at at this, and in the deep sorrow which is driving that anger and I can't take any more "it's not the evil oil guys" fault talk. I'll take my share of the blame for living a life that brought us to this point, but it was never in any of our hands to change this specific piece of corporate malfeasance and we have never had a voice that can compete with tens of millions the oil industry buys with their Supreme Court decision that "money=free speech". This is not the America I believe in; this is not the America that our founding fathers (not Madison, Hamilton, Jefferson, etc.) and I mean Daniel Shays fought the revolutionary war to found.

This is what terrorism is and looks like, not destroying someone's SUV. I don't advocate it because someone will lose their life eventually, but attacks on property do not = destruction of life on on an unimaginable scale. Money is not speech, property is not liberty and profit cannot be justified when murder is the means. Don't forget the eleven working men killed by BP, Halliburton, et al. They have declared war on the working class and war on nature and the OP's post video is only a small, albeit extremely poignant example of what that looks like.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
COLLECTIVE CONSCIOUSNESS
The saddest thing is we can stop it but we are not allowed. For us to have the answer on how to stop it TPTB will loose everything, so they prevent you from learning it. Here is the answer:

This video was called COLLECTIVE THOUGHT but then a series of videos called the same was posted on YouTube to dislodge the true meaning and send the sheep running in all directions. Search in YouTube for collective thought and you will awake to the deception.

FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE

TOG

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I think the saddest part of this whole thread is all the finger pointers blaming other posters for this disaster. Seriously, what's wrong with you people?

We've been forced to rely on oil for everything due to the suppressing of alternative technologies that most of us have been waiting for. By the way, when we're "forced", it's not a choice. There are no "choices", just one. If you want to go live in the woods, have fun! Don't bother taking guns with you since you wouldn't have them without oil. Nope, no supplies. Make all your own stuff from rocks, sticks and whatever else you find naturally in nature. Make clothes out of leaves and all that stuff too.

It's such a ridiculous thing to say to blame everyone for wanting a decent life and being forced (there's that word again) to rely on oil either directly or indirectly for all of our needs. We're not cavemen and should not have to live like one in order to avoid blame for a disaster that was caused by a greedy, negligent company who chose to cut corners and keep new, clean technology from the masses because they can't live without having enough money to build and furnish a house made out of dollar bills.

I'm as upset as the next guy, but for God's sake, stop blaming each other. If you had any idea how bad that looks to people reading through this thread, you would have never started. BP and the oil industry in general is responsible for this, not us.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niccawhois
reply to post by BlackOps719

Grow up! Its the same damn few pics thats been circulating round the net for 2 months, get over it.

WEEEEELLLL.... maybe that's because the reporters and photographers have been shut out - if those pics are 2 months old, imagine what things look like now!

Grow up? Many of the animals will never get a chance to.... many children may never get a chance to either - circulating facts, old or new, is important because the process of awakening is slow and in this case, stirring emotions is a good thing, a human thing.... I'm grateful that I can still feel and be moved to tears. I'm sad that the reason for the tears has been caused by those who appear to have lost the human element. I hope enough of us who still retain this crucial component can be moved enough to do something about it.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
[

I just want you to look at it in this perspective along with your own, which
But I will say to you don't ride a high horse when it comes to this megalithic fu@k up.

We are all to blame.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451

But I will say to you don't ride a high horse when it comes to this megalithic fu@k up.

We are all to blame.

this is NOT all ours for the blame... we did not take the shortcuts, we did not tell the lies about enviromental risks and effects. in no way did i partake in any of the lies and s/b that has gone into creating this current disaster... one of a continuing chain. whats the common denominator ?? MONEY... think about who profits and thats where your blame lies.

HOW DARE YOU BLAME ME.

i live in an oil based society because i have no choice, but that asside, it should still be a well managed and controlled necessary evil......... not the cause of an event that has been created by greedy, sick, power hungry LITTLE men who should have been squashed like a bug long ago.

and you have the audacity to blame me. id like to tell you where to go, but if you live in the u.s.a. your allready their.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rick1

The environment is,always has been,and always will be nothing more than a prop for the far left. They could care less about it.

Oh yeah and the right REALLY cares about the environment.

I have never seen ONE environmental initiative originate from the right. NEVER.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by whatsup]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
i dont think tony hayward or any of those people involved really care.

They don't because in the grand scheme of things its a relatively small disaster

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by modern

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
i dont think tony hayward or any of those people involved really care.

They don't because in the grand scheme of things its a relatively small disaster

www.guardian.co.uk...

That is pure BP lies and propaganda, always trying to minimize and down play the true scope and size of their mess.

I dont know how some of you people live with yourselves.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
edit

[edit on 26-6-2010 by BlackOps719]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krusty the Klown

Like a recent poster said, if there was no demand for the oil, we wouldn't be in this situation.

I feel that the true "demand" is simply a way to get to work, a way to heat our homes, a way to manufacture products like computers ect... not oil. If other sources were readily available, I think the majority would opt for them.

Let me tell you, I have tried in earnest to "get off the gas" so to speak - I bought a 38 foot school bus and converted it to veggie oil and set it up as a really awesome rollin home. It runs great, BUT... as I soon found out, even the used grease is owned by some company. As I traveled up and down the east coast with my daughter, trying to spread education about alternative fuels and living modestly and simply, it became harder and harder for me to obtain grease. I know veggie oil is not the solution, but for me it was a way to change my thinking and hope others would do the same until some other source became available.

Unless a large scale shift occurs, and an alternative way is PROVIDED then yes, there will be a demand for the thing that we have available to us.

Imagine if all the money that's been spent since the gulf event, and will be spent over the next who knows how long would have gone into modifying our energy situation to a more realistic and holistic one - where would we be? Certainly not sitting at home broken hearted and watching our animal families suffer and wondering when we will be next.

This isn't about a "demand" for oil, no sir, not by a long shot!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

THERE IS SO LITTLE GOOD VIDEO OUT THERE soo few pictures

this is all very sad. Where are all the fish you think there would be more showing up on the beaches ?

[edit on 26-6-2010 by IN DEEP GYPSY]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rick1
reply to post by hadriana

The environment is,always has been,and always will be nothing more than a prop for the far left. They could care less about it. Their goal lies with TPTB
world communism. They have worked on shutting down coal,nuclear,and oil exploration not because they thought it was bad for the environment,though
that's what they tell us,but because it kills industry and jobs and sends those companies to other countries. If you are going to have a one world govt. no
country can be a super power. The United States MUST become a third world nation. BP did not choose to drill in 5,000' of water. Why would they it's very expensive. Law as of the 1970's mandates the federal govt. makes the decision on where an oil company drills. BP made it VERY CLEAR they wanted to drill in 500' of water but our govt. said no. Then after the disaster Obama called a stop on ALL offshore drilling for 6 months.
Those oil rigs cannot and will not set there not being used for 6 months. They will be moved. Once there moved all those jobs will go with them and they won't be coming back. Are you seeing the pattern.
Was it intentional to force BP to drill in 5,000' of water knowing that it was more likely an accident could occur there? And if it did would it be more difficult if not impossible to clean up? You tell me!

You got that right!
There's plenty of blame to go around on this one. The spill itself and whatever sort of corner-cutting that lead to it is clearly BP's fault (and if they go bankrupt trying to clean it up, too bad), but the policies of past administrations and the environmental movement are just as much to blame. Go back to the late 70's - an oil crisis of another kind that SHOULD have taught everyone and anyone with any influence that we should have made a push for energy independence way back then. People cut back for a while, but eventually the old ways re-emerged. Worse yet, there has never been any real incentive to change for good.

And by incentive I don't mean a governmental iron fist slamming down demanding that we cease and desist using oil to fuel transportation and industry (aka crap and tax), but I mean viable, affordable alternatives. I've said this before and I'll say it again - show me an electric car that has the same range as my gas-powered car, the same power (c'mon, I'm happy with a 4 cylinder!), the same reliability, the same safety AND the same cost! Or even cheaper and better. Same with any other necessary equipment that currently burns fossil fuels - it has to be comparable or better or people (unless they are self-flagellating enviro-nuts or just want to look "hip" these days) won't buy it and they will stick to the status quo.

This has been lost on everyone from auto manufacturers to the environmental movement and purveyors of cutting edge green technology. I don't think most people would give a rat's behind if the whole world was to transition almost completely from fossil fuels to other alternatives in the next 20 years or so IF everything (stuff that I mentioned: cost, availability, reliability, performance, etc) was pretty much the same as it is now. Few would miss the oil. The oil companies would either transition (which BP appeared to be trying to do with regards to its investment in solar power) to other types of fuel or go out of business; such are the ups and downs of private enterprise - you evolve or you die out.

At some point the transition will be made - but not with current technology. Screw the far left environmentalists - we need to drill for oil in shallower water and on land UNTIL we can feasibly supplant that oil with "green" technology.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Yeah. Sorry for all of you who thinks the rupture is all BP's fault.

Fact. All of the materials BP used, even the Off Shore Rig itself was built by the USA. Main contractor for BP is Aker Solutions. The well head, the piping, the drilling bits. All American made. EVEN THE BLOW OUT PREVENTER is American made, BP just didn't have it in place. 8 of the 11 workers killed on the rig. AMERICAN

Top-Kill 1 and 2. American made material.

Guess we are just as much to blame as BP.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by SneakAPeek]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Hey guys, I thought the world was going to die as a result of this?

To soon?

Foolish morons.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Well that was a moving video in pictures and i have actually seen sadder and disturbing things in my lifetime done to humans by humans. I certainly am not to blame i did not participate in this this epic crime. I have not drove a vehicle in years thanks to the DOT

So i guess i feel better knowing i do not consume gasoline but yes i have bought plastic products because that is what was offered to me. Now if i bought wood products i would still lose because that is the killing of trees. At the end of the day we lose regardless in all our dependencies on oil. Unless i go live in the mountains and live like Grizzly Adams or join the Amish community i can not get away from it. It being a road we took just a few hundred years in the industrial revolution and what is today.

What is important is what we do next. We have had several warnings "Exxon Valdez" is just a distant memory, Saddam lighting the wells, the Oil Crisis that veers it's ugly head time and time again. One day we WILL run out of oil regardless. We need what oil we have left for plastics and petroleum products rather than gasoline. This would be in very short production in comparison to the majority of it used for gas. The combustible engine has been obsolete for 50 years now. Time for talking is over. If we do not phase out the combustible engine in the nest few years it will be too late. The administration with lip service of clean energy wasting effort on Health care Bills and obsolete politics this whole time has no intent nor it ever has. They procrastinate and so do we.

We need to start demonstrations and protests NOW!

or it is game over

Words can not express my rage and deep hatred for these PIGS "halliburton BP , exxon . If i did say how i feel and what i would like to do to them i would be called a terrorist so i will leave it at that.

Thanks Patriot Act

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Unknown Soldier]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join