It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mad as hell - The real face of the BP oil catastrophe

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

I don't have a car.... never bothered to buy one.... i don't watch TV now so that can go.... i don't use my stereo so that can go to.... i have other bits and pieces which are just stored in boxes which i won't be needing and can't sell so i really don't know who are chatting to when you say 'YOU' coz i don't need it already....

i don't even switch my lights on....

so yeh.... it's people like you have mentioned who need to look at what they have done and are doing..... not ME!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Karma is a wonderful thing. Hopefully we'll get to see some payback.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I wasn't addressing anyone personally, you may very well be within that 11% that deserve to inherit the Earth. I was addressing the other 89% that will be getting up Monday morning, jumping into their 5+ passenger vehicles, and heading off down the freeway burning up fuel in pursuit of the industrial era. And me, I'll be sitting here relaxing and enjoying my freedom and what time we have left on Earth, because I refuse to be a cog in that industrial machine that is killing the planet.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
I wasn't addressing anyone personally, you may very well be within that 11% that deserve to inherit the Earth.

And who gives you the right to decide what people deserver to live and who not? And really, just because cars? Electricity? Because we want to live a happy life? Don't you see how stupid this thinking is?

And while this may be a big catastrophe, what will really happen? Some stupid animals die? Big Deal, animals also die when volcanoes break out, they die in tornadoes, they die in earthquakes and they kill each other in the most brutal ways. Nobody ever talks about something like that. But once humans do something....oh no, we don't deserve to live, we are so evil.

Accidents happen, the world's an imperfect place, nothing is perfect, there's always a chance for faults. But why should we stop doing everything and go back into caves, just because one or two accidents happen?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Its really quite sickening to know how much the cheif executive of BP, Tony Hayward really cares about this complete disaster.
Tony Hayward - where are you now?.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Article below written by John Doty Jr.

Sunday, June 13, 2010
Oil Disaster Will Be End of Life As We Know It
This is it. It's over. Get ready for the most insane year of your life. 5 years. 10 years. One day you will look back at your life right now and think about how easy it was, how innocent. We are on the cusp of total collapse, right at the precipice.

If you're like most people you probably have already decided that I am exaggerating without knowing why I am saying this. Well let me make it clear that I also wish I was exaggerating. I don't sell survival equipment or gold. My job is not recession proof. I have a family. I didn't wake up today and randomly decide to declare that this is the end of life as we know it. But I do research. I make calls and tune into radio, scouring the internet for news clips and analysis. I make a concerted effort to only quote trustworthy sources. The information that has emerged over the past few days confirms fears that this is actually an "Armageddon" event. I am being completely serious.

Check it: The oil, spewing out at 20,000 to 70,000 psi, and the sediment within it has eroded the very walls of the well itself in several areas. This means that this is now an uncontainable gusher that is literally spewing oil up from dozens of sites across the gulf floor. The massive oil pocket tapped under immense pressure is now spewing out into the seabed. Capping the well does nothing. The oil pocket is tapped, the pipe is eroded and the oil is now spewing up to the ocean floor with intense pressure. Plumes are being generated everywhere. They cannot stop this. Human technology cannot contain a liquid at that pressure, especially at that depth under the ocean. We simply do not have the technology or know-how to fix this. We don't. The relief wells are essentially useless now because the original well cannot be plugged so oil will always flow out of it regardless of how many other wells they dig. They needed to get into the pipe, fill the old pipe with mud and cement and then divert the oil into the new well. But because the tapped oil pocket is sand blasting itself routes to the surface that grow each day in diameter due to the eroding walls and passageways, there is no "well" to fill. That is because whats left of the well is already dissolving. And each day that passes until they drill their so-called "relief wells" will only see the oil finding new routes through the escapes it has carved through erosion of the pipes and rock. Thad Allen, the head of the US Coast Guard, has said that the oil isn't all flowing up the pipe anymore but is now "in communication" with the seabed and the surrounding soft rock formation. It is now blasting its own wells.

Ya, that's bad, but that isn't even the scary part. Hydrogen Sulfide, Benzene, Methylene Chloride, and other toxic gases are also spewing out along with the oil. In concentrations hundreds and thousands of times greater than what is considered safe for humans. Lethal levels. When the hurricanes come they will absorb this toxic seawater and drop it as rain. Literally toxic rain. Let me guess, toxic rain doesn't scare you. The biggest threat is already actualized with the chemicals entering the atmosphere and being carried around by the wind.

“The media coverage of the BP oil disaster to date has focused largely on the threats to wildlife, but the latest evaluation of air monitoring data shows a serious threat to human health from airborne chemicals emitted by the ongoing deepwater gusher,” the Institute for Southern Studies blog reported on May 10.

Any one of these chemicals in these concentrations would be lethal. Mixed together it's truly unthinkable.

The fragile US economy, in the midst of a feeble attempt at a jobless recovery, overstretched by war and out of control spending is not equipped to handle a disaster of this magnitude. No country in the world could. Remember how well they handled the Katrina thing? This makes Katrina look like a grade school fire drill. Well I wonder how well they will do this time as they prepare to evacuate entire cities and states. See this and this. Once the evacuations begin the markets will tank. Once people are forced to grasp what is happening around them the global economy will come to a screeching halt as it's engine, the USA, sinks into the throes of the worst environmental disaster in the history of the world. This will cause a dollar confidence crisis. Enraged citizens will riot and loot with no hope of a decent life ahead of them. Martial law will be declared.

They have no way to stop this, only a theory that maybe a nuke would implode the oil pocket. Ya, we're talking about nuking the earths crust under the ocean. Eventually the oil will make it's way around the world as the entire oil deposit is unleashed into the ocean.

Are you buying the crap coming from BP? The bogus press releases and the downplayed assessments? They've been lying through their teeth, censoring the media and destroying evidence. If you trust them, you have some problems.

johndotyjr.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
The culling has begun.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
future complications
in the strings between the cans
but no prints can come from fingers
if machines become our hands

and then our feet become the wheels
and then the wheels become the cars
and then the rigs begin to drill
until the drilling goes too far

things can go bad
and make you want to run away
but as we grow older
the horizon begins to fade away

-jack johnson

another prediction from a musican or just a good song.
oh and i did check release dates and it was realeased on his album "on & on" in 2003

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

If humanity really cared (as apposed to offering mere lip service compassion for the ecology), they would just GIVE ALL THIS CRAP UP and begin living a simple modest minimal lifestyle.

I take it then that we will not see you posting on ATS again as you will have given up your computer which is made from plastic parts and uses oil to provide the electricity to power it? Nice meeting you and goodbye.

By the way while you are taking your computer to the dump for recycling, make sure you walk there in moccasins you have fashioned yourself using animal derived products only during the daylight hours, and don't call into the shops on the way back and buy anything that was not delivered to the store by donkey cart as you would be supporting oil.

If as you say nature should remove 89% of the population from the face of the earth, then perhaps you might like to volunteer to be the first?

Or maybe when push comes to shove YOU don't actually care either?

[edit on 26/6/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
And who gives you the right to decide what people deserver to live and who not?

I never said I was. In fact, if you actually read what I had to say, you'd see that I'm praying for mother nature to decide.

And really, just because cars? Electricity? Because we want to live a happy life? Don't you see how stupid this thinking is?

You need stuff to be happy? I feel sorry for you. Were people so unhappy before cars, iPod, toaster, riding lawn mowers, cappuccino makers, home entertainment centers, etc. etc. etc.? You can not find pleasure in the natural things of life?

Some stupid animals die? Big Deal, ....

Now that's just cruel. You should know that I do not hold human life above other wild life. Honestly, if I saw a human and a dog drowning in a lake, I'm pretty sure I'd save the dog FIRST! And the human next .. if I felt it worth the effort.

....oh no, we don't deserve to live, we are so evil.

What happened to all the buffalo that once roam these lands? And, do these animals put humans into little cages and stuff them into factory farms and raise them so inhumanly just for a satisfying taste on their end of their little forked tongues? Humans SUCK!

But why should we stop doing everything and go back into caves, just because one or two accidents happen?

One or two? Can't you count higher than that? When will it stop? If this gulf thing develops into something that kills 5 million people, would you be willing to GIVE IT UP then, or would it just be business as usual until it happens again?

I feel sorry for those that need excesses beyond necessity to make themselves happy. What pitiful shallow lives they must live. Sounds like STUFF junkie addicts to me.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I am lost for words, i really am! It makes me so sad to watch something like this.

The worst thing is that if this thing isn't stopped there will be no more pictures of suffering wildlife because there will be NONE left to suffer!!!!

All for the sake of being better than somebody else "I can drill deeper and better than you so there!!!!"

I mean is it really worth it in the end????? Money is the route of all evil and thats just why things like this are aloud to happen. Shame on you BP and all involved in the discusting suffering of the earth's creatures!!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

I feel sorry for those that need excesses beyond necessity to make themselves happy. What pitiful shallow lives they must live. Sounds like STUFF junkie addicts to me.

Can't keep off it (the computer) can you? A computer is an excess and is definitely not a necessity.

Give your computer up. Practice what you preach. Make a difference in the world and do your bit for Gaia by divesting yourself of the evil electricity guzzling machine.

Think how much less stressful life would be.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

BlackOps719, thank you for posting this! I could not expressed the rage we share any better than you did.

I'm not strong enough to look at the video. I love dolphins and just reading about the dolphin pup crying until it died made me weep.

They have turned the Gulf into a poisoned Dead Zone that will not fully recover in our lifetimes. (See "Black Wave" on the Exxon Valdez.) And this was already OVER SIX TIMES LARGER than the Exxon Valdez some weeks ago and it's been growing larger every day since.

This is a NATIONAL CATASTROPHE, the enormity of which we cannot even begin to guage. It is unspeakable.

I do believe in karma. The people who are responsible for this should be afraid. If they don't get theirs in this life, they will elsewhere.

Astroved

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astroved

This is a NATIONAL CATASTROPHE, the enormity of which we cannot even begin to guage. It is unspeakable.

Astroved

A bit like Equador then?

I don't see you crying over that. Go learn about it and then come back and cry.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al

Look at it this way.

These animals are giving up their lives so you can go camping and
use Plastic Knives and Forks.

Are you prepared to eat with your fingers instead, I thought not.
I suppose you could always use chop sticks, no wait, damm you
tree huggers.

It all comes down to all the animals dying so that humans can live
the way we want to. It's not just BP or the Government to Blame,
It's everybody making and buying products made from Oil.

I love how some people apply their own needs onto others in order to justify something.

I eat with my fingers all the time. Fish and chips, chops, heck half the time a good steak is chowed down on in a Neanderthal fashion because I just love my meat... Yeah, A good steak. But I don't assume it was destined to die for me to consume, I consider it for the animal it was. And it did die so I can consume it, so I accept the animal as worth my respect and not just a commodity.

Unlike the connoisseurs of fine food, who think everything is their for the taking. Throw another peacock on the barbie jives, I have company this evening.

Don't let us heathens sway you from your fine cuisine however, we'll manage. Just don't attribute 'people who eat food with their fingers' are the lower class you seem to attribute us to.

(Gotta love the tree hugger quip too, Oh think about the trees, and oh what about the insekts.. Oh my, oh me!! - ignoring the entire point as usual...)

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
Give your computer up. Practice what you preach.

I am not or ever will be completely guilty free, but without my computer, how can I preach to those that live inside of theirs?
If and when the sun EMPs us all offline, I'll walk away from my computer a happy man! How about anyone else?

I care about my adult offspring and their children, my grand children, and it pains me to no end when I see what the majority upon this Earth are doing to her. Look back a thousand years, you'd be hard pressed to find the kind of crap littering this planet as this age has done. Thank your ancestors that they were not so horrible as humanity has become today. Count your blessing that they didn't destroy the oceans, all in the pursuit of corporate profit and party down happy good time in their shiny fast cars.

I sure hope the golden rule is a real true rule in the after life. Reincarnation too. Would serve the majority of humanity right if one day they woke up to realize they have been reincarnated to become a kept pig in a cage or an oil bird on polluted waters.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I grieve.

I have not went as far yet as to curse BP, privately or publicly. They are doing what their mindset tells them to do. Everyone is.

I have sorta felt like all I can do is sit back and take my punishment, and watching this situation does feel like punishment to me.

I am hoping that this hand that is punishing us so is a loving hand of divinity, that will quickly end any suffering of these animals, and will bring us humans back into line, back into our natural place (which is not so far beneath the ocean, IMO)....and that it is not a punishing hand that is actually quite abusive and that will kill or scar us for the rest of our lives.....that will cause prolonged suffering of the innocent, and the death of many species.

I am still trying to work it out. I have not cursed anyone yet. Karma will be enough, but I'd like to see it hurry. Right now, I do know there is no justice. Whether or not it is my place to curse and try to bring it, I do not know.

I have to examine my own actions first.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
Your computer you sit at is made from oil. The clothes on your back were produced and shipped using oil. The food you ate last night came from oil. The house you sit in was constructed on the precipice of oil.

Walk outside, have a look around you. Our ENTIRE western civilization is built by, runs on, lives breathes and eats oil.

We are the consuming drug addicts, BP and other oil companies are the drug dealers.

I just want you to look at it in this perspective along with your own, which I do agree with. Corners were cut, dangers overlooked, and what we have is potentially a cataclysmic event for all life. I believe this event will plunge us all off the cliff.

Its beyond words what has happened and may god help us all.

But I will say to you don't ride a high horse when it comes to this megalithic fu@k up.

We are all to blame.

There's alternatives to oil. The oil industry has made it so these alternatives never see the light of day.

None of us are to blame, BP troll.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by amari

The Dead Gulf, the oil catastrophe started with waters of the Gulf

spreading to the under water sea and plant life and spreading into the

air. Fish being killed by the millions, not thousands and birds, turtles, dolphins being drowned

in oil plus fumes and now the oil has been reaching the shorelines. As it spreads

with no end in sight it will affect human beings on a Grand Scale never

seen before in history.

Where is the sense of urgency? We went to the Moon with all out

effort during the Apollo program. Folks the survival of The United

States Of America is at stake and yet our President plays golf 7 times

since the oil catastrophe. The hell with the Jones Act what are our

officials thinking the world awaits to aid and help us skim the waters

but no just let the oil flow and flow and flow and flow.

BP breached the oil mantle and it is spreading throughout the Gulf like

veins and these veins are bleeding oil all over the Gulf floor and coast.

Nothing to stop the oil spewing from the Gulf floor even with thousands of

suggestions on how to stop the toxic oil flow but yet it continues.

The last resort I believe the powers that be will try a nuke to seal off

the leaks but my friends this has been tried on dry land by the

Russians with success and a failure. If it would succeed then the

world would rejoice and if it did not succeed the world will have never

seen anything like what will happen.

The evacuation from the Gulf could be the largest in known history.

You ask the question where would the people go? Use your

imagination. I am too Mad as Hell. ^Y^

You're right, Amari. Has the unthinkable occurred to you yet? Why has Obama not waivered the Jones Act? Why the moratorium on 33 US rigs when he's loaning money to Petrobras for Ultra Deep drilling at 14,000 feet below sea level?

Because the Gulf Oil Spill fits the agenda of the Far Left. This is going to destroy the US economy. Look up the Cloward & Piven strategy.

Obama is a narcissistic sociopath who cares only about Obama. As long as he has power & his cut of the pie, he cares NOTHING about other humans or the fate of the U.S. Obama is here to destroy the U.S.

It amazes me that there are still people who believe Obama is a good man.

If it were up to me, I'd charge him with treason and force him to drink the bubbling toxic Gulf water.

Astroved

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

So basically what you are saying is that in order to push your views on to other people it is perfectly alright to use the evil tools that they use and this is not a problem to you.

Thank your ancestors that they were not so horrible as humanity has become today. Count your blessing that they didn't destroy the oceans, all in the pursuit of corporate profit and party down happy good time in their shiny fast cars.

Believe me they would have been if they had our technology, and the only reason that we have this technology today is because of the efforts of our ancestors to pursue corporate profit and party on down in new shiny donkey carts. You cannot go from caveman to technocrat and simply ignore all the stages in between.

I thank my ancestors that they strived for profit to give me the lifestyle I enjoy today, and yes I do love my computer as it is my workplace, however I would be just as happy tilling my fields if I did not have to earn money in the current system to pay the bills.

The oil spill in the Gulf is a tragedy, as is any oil spill or pollution, and I do feel pain at the suffering of the birds and animals and the loss of habitat, but unlike some on these various oil threads I am quite capable of also seeing that my enjoyment of this lifestyle contributes to all these problems. We have fuel and oil, so I use them. If we did not there would be alternatives.

No company can offload it's responsibilities if it is negligent, but this name calling of greed and exploitation is childish in the extreme. I would go along with those who cry negligence, malpractice etc provided they are subsequently proven to be that, but greed? No I don't agree with that especially since the persons calling greed also enjoy the product of the supposed greed. That in my mind is gross hypocrisy.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join