It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mad as hell - The real face of the BP oil catastrophe

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Yup BPs oil leak on Americas doorstep, with American help. Couldn't have happened without good old American incompetence/greed. The mighty $ above all else.

What about the dead CHILDREN in Iraq, Afghanistan and Americas next 'project' Iran.

Are these innocents worth less than birds, fish and sundry sea fauna?
Are YOURchildren worth less?

Seems when its on Americas doorstep the rest of the World can go get f*****.

Preparing for incomming flames.
Lol couldn't have the flames without oil. Is that ironic? I'll let the Americans decide.

I say screw the Polar bears, Whales, seals etc. WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Not sure it's the saddest video in the world.

I'm sure the pictures mid august will be pretty bad.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by celticwarrior
I say screw the Polar bears, Whales, seals etc. WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN?

you sir, need to seek help

[edit on 27-6-2010 by dl2one]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I get gas from BP sometimes,It's some of the cheapest gas around where I live.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I get gas from BP sometimes,It's some of the cheapest gas around where I live.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsup
Mankind ....... then came to to the US and stripped all their forests and killed nearly all their animals .., and now ruined the gulf and brought death and possible extinction to blue fin tuna, the brown pelican, turtles, untold death to the dolphins (of which most in the world live right in the gulf!).

[edit on 26-6-2010 by whatsup]

A little dramatic aren't we? I am pretty sure there are still lots of forests, and tons of animals. And "turtles" are facing extinction now? Really? Really?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
My 2c. Nature has always done what nature needs to do, cycles of weather, animal and plants interacting in ways which increase/decrease their populations.

But trees don't cut themselves down, buffalo didn't shoot themselves, and the oil in that gulf well didn't leak itself. It's when humans interact with their environment in an ignorant or deliberately unsafe manner, we get into trouble.

Yes, America has a history of military action (as do other countries/peoples) where children are killed. That does sicken many Americans, while others call the dead "collateral damage".

Humans, unlike animals, have a morality that forces us to examine our consciences, which must force us to learn from past actions and not repeat mistakes. Nor should we forge ahead with reckless actions, knowingly taking risks when the results can prove disastrous.

It is not a matter of dead children versus dead animals. It is a matter that the world to nurture those children is ecologically sound, and neither children nor animals are recklessly killed.

Life is growing increasingly complex, maybe too complex for human morality at this point. A great public/individual examination of conscience is needed now.

And that is what Americans need to do, for we have used the world's resources and people for our asymmetrical use of energy. If we can use the fruits of our energy imbalance to help us rebalance, we and the rest of the world will be better off.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Folks, this just aired on MSNBC and is a recent flyover of John Wathens documenting the gulf situation. It is not for the faint of heart as it shows dolphins and whales suffering in the offshore spills (many of which are dying)..

This is truly tragic beyond words!

[edit on 30-6-2010 by whatsup]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Astroved

I am beginning to wonder.

TPTB do arrange "incindences" to occur to further agenda.

Who is to know?

So much is happening, so quicly.

Reseach, knowledge is power.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this idea has been posted or if it's even feasible, but here goes.

The navy has been chastised for the use of thier radar adversly affecting marine life. Couldn't the use of ULF or VLF frequencies be used to deter wildlife from entering a particularily bad area of contamination. If they can use LRAD to deter humans and turn them away from an area, why can't they do the same for wildlife?

[edit on 2-7-2010 by The Undertaker]

[edit on 2-7-2010 by The Undertaker]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
You want to see the REAL face of the BP catastrophe? Just go look in the mirror then!

That's right! We are ALL guilty of demanding cheap fuel and transport, cheap mass-manufactured oil-based consumer products, foods and the fertilisers and pesticides to produce them, pharmaceuticals etc.

No-one was complaining of these cheap oil-derived goods pre-spill and everyone was quite content to accept minimal regulation and oversight as long as it didn't impact on the wallet at the till, yet now you're all complaining.

You reap what you sow

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by timski

Personally,I still want relatively cheap gas for My car(I drive close to an hour to work!).

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Again so well expressed reflecting everyone feelings.. Well done!
Wanted to further give greed to your thread..

I'm certain of this, Before this failure, during this proccess of failure, and currently has not been dealt with beyound the greed that has brought us here. If monies go forward as the most important of our next thoughts to resolve this... Well the powers that be just added the last nail in our outcome.
No Cost should be put on this! Money won't matter!

globalresearch.ca...

The question was never asked, if it was, it was ignored..

Never should we attempt to do this, even if we can.. The real end results will not be what we hoped for when it fails.

Well now, here comes this real outcome of not listening!
This outcome was never considered.. That might be this/their/most excuses going forward.
The real ones from this point on are the most critical.
Results, no excuses will make the difference, if there is one here.
Please don't bet you life on it that it will come soon!
Most don't care until it's to late.
The very cradel of Ocean's life resides there in the Gulf..
Most of it's wild life is gone.. you won't see that on MSM
While the creatures are being burnt that have died as a result of this..
You won't see that as well. Out of sight out of mind.

Pay close attention for your next best exit.. and make it.
Otherwise.. Remember those that have made it for you..
It did not look good on the first day... really,
not looking good going forwards. (Considering the relief wells)

Watch the activity around the Gulf... it will increase as far as our Earth/Ocean floor is concerned.

Hey, maybe I'm not correct on some points here.. But not very often.. I've come to realize regarding this World altering event, Insight is key!

www.iris.edu...

Put your Cursor on the Red line, history will be there!

Again BlackOps.. Excellent Form!

Be Wise!
Be Well!

Jessemole!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
i'm late to an epic thread because i just couldn't stomach to hear about it for awhile.

i've only read the first page and the last two and thought i would share some thoughts about the op.

i'm only responding to the op, so shoot me!
Esoteric Teacher

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Here is the true face of this abysmal, unspeakable disaster that has been thrust upon our world by a bunch of sick, greedy oil mongers.

it makes me ...

and it makes me feel ...

to the point where words cannot be found to quantify this level of incompetance. we need new words. or we need new actions. we are the caretakers of this planet, allegedly. i'm led and taught to believe i share 99.7+% of the same dna as these guys? really?

i can't find the words to express it, how i feel inside. but we share our ideas and type what we can....

Look at it. Do you see the reality of the situation?

yes. i haven't driven my car exept for 2 times in over a month now. is this helping? i dunno.

Do you not see the suffering that has been caused?

no. we don't. it's not being reported accuratley in my .... whatever the opposite of opinion is....

Tony Hayward and cronies....are you human beings?

we can't have it both ways. either fellow ATSers want proof of aliens or they don't.

Have you no shame for what you have done to our world?

i don't think they know what they have done, did do, are doing, or will be doing. so to answer your question. no. i don't think they know, but what do i know?

HEY Brithish Petroleum and crudes,

PLUG A HOLE!!!

Right Nut B.P. Left Nut

one nut says to another nut:
who is that in the middle?

plug a hole!

sign of the times? well (oil well) the dead are rising from their graves...

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

Thanks Desert!
My thoughts, your feeling were expressed the way I feel regarding every aspect of life on Earth.
So few are in Contol of so many!
How did that happen? When and if they Listen, TPTB.
We have only One Planet, she has spoken, argue that!
Otherwise I trust your outright disregard for life,(TPTB) may you smell the stench while you witness your greed while it burns!

Sometimes I just really get White Hot on this World event..

But there is no excuse for this!

There comes a time to ask, not that we can't do this, but should We?

A few made the incorrect choice for us!

A devine intervention might be in order.. considering our position.

Thanks 'D' for getting it out there!

Jesse

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Astroved

I am beginning to wonder.

TPTB do arrange "incindences" to occur to further agenda.

Who is to know?

So much is happening, so quicly.

Reseach, knowledge is power.

I would say there is little doubt about it......they have been staging events and manipulating the happenings of the world since man has been educated enough to keep record of such events.

I recommend the All Roads Lead to Rome thread written by Protoplasmic Traveler for a good look into how history has been orchestrated.

Just trying to see the purpose behind the destruction of an entire ocean. And here we sit on Independance Days as people grill hotdogs and shoot fireworks and the oil continues to spew out.

Wish I could say things will get better soon but I really dont believe it will.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf857cf6def9.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 4 -7 -2010 by British Petroleum]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join