It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Scarey Stuff Here** The Deepwater Horizon-How Deep Was It Drilling ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by idmonster

Very true, My licencse was suspended because I had an unpaid ticket from when my neighbors took my cat to the pound. I misunderstood and thought that the fee to get her out of there was the fine.

I was wrong and found out the hard way the I had a suspended Drivers licencse because of it.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
Yep too deep and we kept on drilling all in the name of greed.

Oh please, that attitude is outrageous. Its like the people saying genetics research should stop because man was never meant to tinker with such things. Its like saying NASA was wrong to go to the moon because man was never made to go there. Give me a break. It is a great achievement that an oil well was made so deep. The stupid part is when they were not careful and caused a disaster, not when they decided it could and should be done.

Deep water oil drilling was a great idea and I'm glad it was done. The bad part was that it wasn't done right, not the fact it was done in the first place which is actually something to be proud of if anything.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

Yup,they got it wrong when they exceeded the level of technology needed to keep things under control,and then just kept on drilling like idiots,so they could pump out more oil to sell to other countries.....

Greed.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

There was an extensive rail system here in the past,they were discontinued and turned into bicycle trails.

I really enjoy those trails,but if a lot of the vehicles on the road were replaced by using rail transport,it would probably be OK.

Now all we have to do is crank up the price of gas to keep people from driving,forcing them to use their bodies to get around,and in turn saving the insurance companies having to pay out for all kinds of "fatty boy diseases",because people would be more healthy from the excersize they would be forced to get.

This is all happening you know?,it actually is going to be that way.

Everything is intertwined,there are no accidents.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If we were really serious about becoming "energy independent" we would be building tons of nuclear power plants and working Manhattan Project style on getting a really viable electric car.

You see that happening??? Nope. Put the puzzle pieces together.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel Kent

Originally posted by icecold7
it was deeper then anybody EVER drilled b4
i examined the oil spill evryday since day 1
yet i learned this fact like a week ago
did i miss it or did they hide that fact?
please tell me

No it wasn't, nowhere near in fact,
there are many which are deeper than this
about 30,000 feet is the current deepest,

PEACE,
RK

Current deepest is this one at 40,000 ft.

en.wikipedia.org...

But I think some of that has to with the thickness of the crust
in that area.

Kinda like if they drilled on a mountain vs. the plains.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join