It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family: Oil disaster devastated captain who committed suicide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Family: Oil disaster devastated captain who committed suicide

Orange Beach, Alabama (CNN) -- On Thursday evening, a boat returned to its dock without its captain -- his vibrant personality and smile gone. On the dock was a wreath memorializing the Gulf fisherman known as "Rookie."

This is very sad news. This disaster has taken its toll on a countless number of people, but for some it's too much.

Kruse shot himself with his own gun, kept on board his boat, which was also named "Rookie." He sent two of his deckhands on an errand before killing himself. He did not leave a note, and none of his friends suspected he would do something so extreme.

Im sure he's in a better place now. But his life was taken when the disaster occured.

For 14 days, Kruse had been using his boats to haul protective boom off of Alabama's shores, instead of captaining them on the hunt for snapper and amberjack. A charter boat fishing captain for 26 years, he -- like countless other Gulf fishermen -- found his passion and his career threatened by the undersea oil gusher.

Source

RIP, To "Rookie" and the 11 Lives lost from this disaster.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Oozii]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Very sad - may Rookie rest in Peace

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
He was not mentally strong

and more may happen imho

sucks but this is life, he needed counseling I'm not ashamed that this happen to me once,,,,,

shakes head suicide????WHY????

i would say something about mms and how this man could have been used but i will not since i'm on a tight string here.

very frustrating news I hope the family can pull together THEY MUST

I cannot wish the man RIP because this is against the Koran but his family I will pray for them peace.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The poor man probably died of a broken heart.

Imagine seeing your home, your source of livelihood devestated and covered in a poisonous muck of black filth.

These BP scum need to pay for what they have done. Unforgivable.

RIP Rookie

new topics

top topics

join