It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know we had giant Robots in the 1960's?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Yikes! Neither did I!
Check out these things! The Soviet one is pretty weird!

The Real Metal Gear

Holy......!

Wonder what the heck else was created!

[edit on 25-6-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Awww he's cute. I wish I could give the robot a hug. This is really awesome OP! Thanks for the link!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
i didn't know ATS was a place to promote other websites....so this a (yawn) robot of the 1960's???? ok...so what?

[edit on 25-6-2010 by jimmyx]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
So, cool. I don't see why not. We had ENIAC built in the 40's. Two decades later is enough time to start building robots. I mean, sci-fi envisioned these things more than a century ago.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

It was a typo. It's now corrected.
Forgive me.
Thanks for posting!

I posted it because it's INTERESTING JIMMY!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Man I love old fashioned visions of the future, if you know what I mean. Like those black an white instructional videos. And what the fudge happened to all the cool robots we were supposed to have in our homes? Instead we're left with this lame reminder of what could have been.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Maybe the USAF has got real gundams somewhere

Area 51 maybe?

Those military vehicles were created durning the secretive warfares.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Ha ha...was going to run through here and shout Danger Danger Will Robinson and then saw that pic and cracked up!
He is cute. Go USAF!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
ugh what's with the doubleposts sorry!

[edit on 25-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
i didn't know ATS was a place to promote other websites....so this a (yawn) robot of the 1960's???? ok...so what?

[edit on 25-6-2010 by jimmyx]

Thats because your not thinking with your dipstick, Jimmy.

The marvel isn't that they were built. It is what they were built for.

Why would the USAF have such machines? Is it just an R and D project in the vein of Rube Goldberg? Or was there a purpose for this machine?

I will tell you, with all the patents, presentations, and other information I have seen related to the planned In Situ Resource Planning for Lunar Mining Contingencies this gives me some pause for thought.

if you are going to do ISRU, using robots only makes sense. Use the robots to build infrastructure, so that humans can come in later and ensure proper robotic maintenance, and to execute skill tasks that are not appropriate for robotics.

I have even seen some pictures that Jack Arnesson posted at the link in my signature that shows what appear to be spherical objects moving in and out of a cave near Tsiolkovsky crater.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I knew. I used to watch reruns of Jonny Sako (sp?) and the Giant Robot as a little boy in the 70's. Ultraman too.

seriously though, USAF needs to step it up and make some real life Veritech Fighters, that thing in OP looks like a wristwatch...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
That's an awesome pic.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Ah the wonderful days when we would all have Atomic power electricity too cheap to measure, Atomic airplanes , ships, you name it.
Of course you need a giant robot sheathed in lead and steel to work on the things!
Hmmm. Guess that why it didn't work out as planned. If you are over 50 or so, I'm sure you remember the great Atomic future...that never happened!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Wow that's news to me!

I wonder where it is today?

I die to get a hold of some video of that thing...

[edit on 26-6-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

top topics

join