It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for a Revolution.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
With the world crumbling around us, at an ever increasing pace, I find myself wondering who will stand up and fight for what is right?

Will the thieves that rule our government win?

Or will they be cast aside, like the garbage that they are.

Are there any real men left out there, or are we a nation of fools?

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Hendrix92TheUniverse]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I am taking a stand and not fighting.

There is nothing more dangerous to a system of violence than peace.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

I hold no enmity for those who refuse to fight, but neither do I hold out my hand to help them.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hendrix92TheUniverse

There are plenty of "Real Men" out here, and we are all more than willing to fight.....when the time is right, and that time is not yet!

I often get caught up in these threads, and whine about how bad things are, and declare my willingness to fight, and then I go home. I see my wife and kids. My buddies come over. We run up the street and we get some steaks and ice and soft drinks and beer, and then we barbeque around the pool and watch each other's wives in their bikinis, and we throw the kids in the water, and we eat and drink, and we realize: OUR LIFESTYLE IS AWESOME!!!

So, when all of these horrendous atrocities start to directly affect my loved ones, I will certainly stand up and fight, but as long as I can drive 3 miles and get some cheap steak, charcoal, and beer, and as long as I can work 40 hours a week and still pay my Mortgage and Utility bills, and as long as I get to take out the Motorcycle and show off my leather vest once in a while, I think I will not make too many waves!

In the meantime, I will continue to buy bullets, and food stores, and grow my peppers and tomatoes and onions and make my homemade salsa, and I will continue to exercise and blog and stay healthy, but I will be ready when the time comes. But that time is not today!

[edit on 25-6-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse

I hold no enmity for those who refuse to fight, but neither do I hold out my hand to help them.

You can fight without violence.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Agreed. From the looks of it all everyhting is falling apart and no sign of it getting better anytime soon.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DINSTAAR
I am taking a stand and not fighting.

There is nothing more dangerous to a system of violence than peace.

May I ask what stand you are taking? What you are doing? Do you have any suggestions?

Liberty

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

Read any of my threads. I won't derail this thread with it, but you should definitely check 'em out.

Liberty indeed.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DINSTAAR
reply to post by sweetliberty

Read any of my threads. I won't derail this thread with it, but you should definitely check 'em out.

Liberty indeed.

I'm going there now thank you.

Libertyindeed

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I'm with you all! Read my signature! It's how Ghandi was able to free his country and his people! Mass civil disobedience! Stop following there decries, laws, and directions and do what we must to protect ourselves and our countries from these criminal murdering, SOBs!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Very powerful speech you had there. A revolution won't happen. You may think you're the first person to say that, your not. I used to be obsessed with the idea on my old account. A wise man once said, "With paitence comes contentment." Or something of the sort. It was either Ghandi or the Dali Llama. I'm not entirely sure. I won't say a nation of fools. A nation of clams is more like it. We hide under the false protection of the internet, taking what they give us from above. We get the smallest parts of society when they get the largest and most ornate parts. A revolution won't happen when someone says "Lets revolt!" It will happen when we evolve from that clam into something better, less clamlike. Stop hiding on the internet, hold rallies. If the KKK can rally, why can't you revolutionaries rally? Get of the bong like so many of your kind do. It slows you down. Get out there and do something.
If you don't get the clam metaphor, you're a clown.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I'm a real man!!

You lead us! Who are we going after? People in Government? Like the FAA, or the Forest service, Cops, Secretaries that work down at the Federal building?

Just exactly who are these thieves? You want to attack the IRS.
Actually the thieves that rule the government are the Banks and mega corps.
How do we go about attacking them?

Tell me exactly who the enemy is and I might revolt with you. Until then without any leaders or strategy it's just a macho teenage fantasy.

Time for a Revolution? Like the French Revolution? That worked out well didn't it?

What's the plan? Got one?

[edit on 25-6-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by orangeprojectiles

Get of the bong like so many of your kind do. It slows you down. Get out there and do something. If you don't get the clam metaphor, you're a clown.

I don't think you are in a position to assume the OP is an internet revolutionary and pothead. Maybe he or she does a lot of work furthering the ideas of freedom.

Also, don't underestimate the power of anonymity on the internet. It is going to be the vessel of our liberation.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

This nation is doomed because too many people value "creature comforts" above truth, integrity, and freedom.

I don't see any real men in America today.

Real men risked their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor to create this country, and it has been incrementally stolen from us, by the same powers that existed back then.

And most people, just say, "oh well", I can still ride my motorbike or whatever.

Real men are few and far between.

www.examiner.com... -of-men-were-they

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

If he was, why is he on this website? The government is making a kill switch to destroy the internet. Doesn't that sink the "vessel of our liberation." Look around. We are more liberated than half the world. I've been to Africa, South America, Europe and Asia. I saw virtually no freedom in most places. Europe even. You have internet connection unlike people in the slums of those places. You have running water and electricity here. It's highly irritating when some acts like the U.S is a terrible country. Live in Somalia. Live in Nigeria. Live in Tibet. Live in India. Live in Serbia. Live in Ukraine. Live in Columbia. Live in Peru. I'm not talking about the rich spots there. I'm talking about the majority of those countries. Then, once you come back, you will find out how great the U.S is. Also, I'm not saying you have never been there.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse
reply to post by getreadyalready

This nation is doomed because too many people value "creature comforts" above truth, integrity, and freedom.

I don't see any real men in America today.

Real men risked their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor to create this country, and it has been incrementally stolen from us, by the same powers that existed back then.

My husband is a real man. He took his vacation time for the year of 2010 to go south and help in anyway that he can. I'm proud of him. I would like to see many more join him. Times are very hard with money, so I know that there's people who cannot just walk away from their jobs.

But someday something is going to happen where we will be forced to give it all up just to get it all back.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Doesn't that sink the "vessel of our liberation."

The Internet is too decentralized to 'killswitch'. Its not like there is one router somewhere that connects all of us like in South Park. And as technology gets better, it will make it even more impossible to kill.

It's highly irritating when some acts like the U.S is a terrible country.

The thing is, since we have all this freedom, technology, and will to make our lives better, we, of all people in the world, should know better.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

The internet is cables and satellites. Cables can be cut and the government has shown they can shoot down satellites. Who said the kill switch is an actually switch that turns something on or off? It could be a chain reaction.

Then why revolt?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I too have been all over the world, and have seen what you have seen.

Is it therefore your argument that America should be the same as the rest of the world?

We are a beacon of peace and prosperity and freedom, or once were.

Why should we let corporate greed destroy the best thing that ever happened to the world?

There should only be two rules to life, first do what you say you will do, and second, do not harm another.

Its called common law.

America, was founded as the land of the free, but now we can't even sell our homes without jumping through dozens of government hoops.

This country is no longer free. Sure, we still have creature comforts, but those will be gone soon.

Very soon, we will be as oppressed and downtrodden as the rest of the world, all made possible by apathy.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

America is much more convient of a place to live than those places. If you believe you should do what you say, why don't you actually start a revoltion. I would possibly join you on it. As long it's for the right cause. Do not fight for the wrong side.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join