It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dylan Ratigan blasts Obama, G20 full of scumbags, financial reform, says to quit paying mortgages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Ratigan calls for all people to quit paying their mortgages to stick it to the banks that are destroying our future.

I heard this on the radio today and he was fired up. He is virtually THE ONLY ONE on television telling of the fraud that is happening in our banking system.
MUST WATCH.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by David9176]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Man! I have never heard him that upset!
But he's 100% right, I believe. I disagree with him though about people not paying their mortgage. It's a moral thing with me. If I borrow money, The right thing to do is pay it off.

And wouldn't you know! We just paid ours off this past week!
At least the bank won't get any more from us.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yeah, he was angry...angry at the government for letting this CONTINUE to happen and blasted the MSM for "juicing up" crappy financial reform which has been watered down dramatically. We should be busting up TBTF's with anti-trust laws....yet we don't.

I think he feels the only way to get back at the banks for what they are doing is to quit paying up....I don't own a house so i can't vouch for either/or.

He's frustrated....and one of the few who sees what is happening. I'm glad he's on television...the only guy I've seen blast Wall Street, the Banks, and Corporations consistently.

Btw....I believe I am THE first to post a Thom Hartmann video clip on ATS....do I win anything?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

And wouldn't you know! We just paid ours off this past week! At least the bank won't get any more from us.

That is awesome!!!!!!!!!! Very happy for you. There are few better feelings that finally kicking a house or car debt to the curb.

I'll never forget the day I kicked SALLIE MAE (student loan) out of my house, was a happy man.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Not paying your mortgage will only get you one thing. Your house put up for sale. There's plenty of people looking to buy(young folks) and it's a sellers market. I really wouldn't recommend not paying your mortgage.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Ratigan is right and I did just that very thing.
House is now repossessed and they can only sell
it for about 20% of what the note principal was
left.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I used to watch him on CNBC.

He changed when he got on MSNBC. He drank the kool-aid. Literally, if anyone watched him on Fast Money before his show on MSNBC, he was a completely different person. Now you get yelling and all around O'Reilly tactics, when before he was more calm, and more centrist. WAY more centrist. Now he is lining up with the left like a good little MSNBC employee. I have even seen a strong shift to the left on CNBC. They used to have a strong mix, now they seem to pick and choose their fodder more carefully. Thank God for Bloomberg.

Its like MSNBC is there to take on the banks and push for regulation (that would benefit the banks, incidentally) and Fox is there to distract the righties.

It is a sad reality that we live in a country whose media doesn't have the credibility of even Russia Today and RT is a mouthpiece for the Russian government.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
left.

Buy it back

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath

Originally posted by boondock-saint
left.

Buy it back

Think he can get a mortgage now?

Banks have longer memories than Dumbo.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Yeah, but another one, or another bank could do it for him, for a percentage
Business is business, and he got the real value now, not the sexed-up one.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

IF it was in unison...it would kill the banks. It won't happen though. People want to keep their homes and will do whatever they can to keep them. Imagine if though....what could they do??? Evict MILLIONS out of their homes. NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

Anyway, he's just angry. I don't blame him.

He has also been a constant critic of the Federal Reserve....FAR MORE than superman Glen Beck ever was.

Ratigan has been on the banking industry since the bailouts...there are tons of videos on youtube to prove it if you do a search.

He just seems like one of the "few" to stand up for the working man. No one else seems to...on MSNBC, FOX News, or CNN.

And god forbid, I have to give props to O'Reilly who has stood up for the people against BP. I don't even like O'Reilly...but damnit when someone stands up for us I'll give them their props if due. He's getting tons of flack from the extreme right for his stance on BP. I have to hand it to him.

If you stand up for us, the working force of America, I'll stand by you.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Actually, the housing market in the US is wretched right now. In May we had the lowest percentage of new mortgage purchases since 2005. The tax credit has run out and nobody is buying anything.

I personally know people who walked away from paying their mortgage over a year ago and are still in the house with no issues. There are so many foreclosures the banks cant repo or process them all.

In many cases they are allowing defaulters to remain in the house indefinitely, some have been living payment free for over two years now.

They figure it is better to let them live there and maintain the upkeep than to vacate the house, not be able to sell it, and let it rot, or worse get filled with squaters.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by BlackOps719]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Actually, the housing market in the US is wretched right now. In May we had the lowest percentage of new mortgage purchases since 2005. The tax credit has run out and nobody is buying anything.

You're right...at least in most areas. I was looking for a house to take advantage of the housing credit (up to 8k)....but ended up not doing it. Now we see houses that were up for sale a year ago drop over 30k. The housing market is terrible to say the least.

The credit helped it from collapsing however.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
cry
double post

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

My sister just put in a big for a short sale outside of Atlanta.

Her bid was $180,000......on a house that sold two years ago for $460K. Her's was the only offer.

If you have decent credit and can actually afford to buy a home right now it is probably the best time in history to do so. Mortgage rates just hit the lowest they have been in recorded history....ever.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Right....people who took the housing credit will actually lose out in the end because the housing market hasn't yet reached it's bottom.

I'm glad i held out...not that I want people to lose value in their homes or to lose them....but I would have hurt myself in doing it in the long run.

top topics

join