It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washing instruction tags on Tom Bihn bags carry a hidden message in French

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

what was unusual was that the English and French statements on those tags didn't quite match � while both versions included the usual admonitions not to use bleach, not to machine dry, and not to iron the bags, the French-language version included an extra phrase: "NOUS SOMMES DESOLES QUE NOTRE PRESIDENT SOIT UN IDIOT. NOUS N'AVONS PAS VOTE POUR LUI." Roughly translated, this statement reads in English as: "We're sorry our president is an idiot. We didn't vote for him."

link

They are cowards for not putting it in English, IMO.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I like how people take it as a universal message to the idiocacy of some presidents. Thats so awesome, I hope this trend takes on with other industries and companies. People never wanted to get involved in politics, including myself, but politics never seemed to be involved in many people's lives until recently.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Geez people, only one reply??

Jamuhn, I think politics is always taken more seriously during a time of war. People werent worried about it until members of their families began to get shipped to Iraq and sent in the front lines with a 70 percent chance of death.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Supplies are limited. Be controversial. Place your order today.

This is a quote from Tom Bihn website..... Sure sounds like they are happy its there doesnt it ?

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I havent heard anything about this yet..... then again i dont watch tv..... it gives new meaning to the freedom of speach.... we have to be more creative because we the people dont have access to large aircraft to drop leafletts over the country..... a good idea putting what the felt on the Tag

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Quote from Mr. Bihn himself:

"People out there think a number of presidents are idiots," said Mr. Bihn. "It's a universal message."

and if they had a bigger
I'd use that too.

I hereby demand that everyone on ATS change their signatures to include the above comment. Sheer bloody genius.

top topics

join