It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamist websites: McChrystal fired because Afghan war is lost

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- The recent change in commanders in Afghanistan is proof the U.S and its allies have lost the war, statements posted on two Islamist websites said Thursday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I am most astonished by the Taliban’s moronic interpretation of the departure of Stanley McChrystal from his NATO command as revealed in the CNN article that can be viewed at this link… www.cnn.com... I guess it is appropriate that they should be allowed to weigh in at this pivotal moment in the war and reassuring that they don’t yet realize that all hope is lost for their cause.
On one hand, I am looking at this concept called the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan and on the other a concept called the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan. The former is Islamic primarily in the sense that the people that created this modern state, which happens to possess international legitimacy, overwhelmingly insist that they are bound culturally to the religion of Islam and at this juncture in their journey through life are not yet prepared to separate themselves from their deeply held beliefs that have sustained them for many 100s of years. The state which they created doesn’t venture far from their holy book, but has adopted modern social and political concepts, such as women’s rights, specifically, and human rights in general. The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan is a legal concept which claims to be strictly based upon these people’s religious texts and is as practiced by the founders of the religion 1600 years ago. This state has never been recognized by more than a handful of lawful states and with the exception of some of their leaders being treated with the same respect given to any human being, it is not apparent that as a legal concept that it ever could be.
While I do believe, know even, that this war is at this moment quite clearly over, I am certain that in the coming weeks, the Taliban won’t at all like what gradually begins to become more and more evident; Afghanistan has been utterly conquered. What no Empire, in Afghanistan’s long history of burying Empires, has been able to accomplish, has been accomplished this very day, actually four days ago. Luckily for us all, however, it is not an Empire that has conquered Afghanistan, perhaps I can go into those details at some other point. So, you who boast falsely at your abilities, your reign has come to a complete and undeniable end. Let me explain.
McChrystal turned on his master; the people who put him in command of the NATO operation upon their ascension. Why? Who gives a #, but it did happen. Petraeus, the same man that swept in upon Iraq shortly after the destruction of Saddam Hussein in late 2006 and oversaw the American military conquest of the Islamic State of Iraq has now come, not as a conquering general, but as a seasoned manager and tested leader to oversee the unwinding of the international effort in Afghanistan in cooperation with the lawful and internationally recognized Islamic Republic of Afghanistan to begin the departure which is scheduled to start in 12 months.
If you can remember…up to October 2006 Afghanistan had been an American led effort, after this, Afghanistan legally became a NATO operation. It was under NATO’s watch that the Taliban was allowed to reemerge in Afghanistan as a potential power and to a great extent their rise coincided with the rise of the Presidential aspirations of political unknown Barack Obama. It was at this time that Hamid Karzai was often derided as “the Mayor of Kabul.” By the time Obama became President of the United States, the Taliban were considered to be a challenge to the lawful state of Afghanistan and a serious threat, not to just the lawful Afghan state but to Pakistan as well and possibly could be the domino that set off a chain reaction of state collapses. McChrystal’s departure doesn’t represent an attempt by Obama to do damage control, we all know this mess is far worse than the Gulf Oil Spill and he has been able to get that event under control, nor does Petraeus’ arrival represent an attempt to falsely portray a renewal of strength; no such portrayal is needed. This whole affair represents the complete and utter collapse of the NATO/Taliban Alliance in Afghanistan and McChrystal’s departure represents the Taliban walking off the battlefield and being replaced permanently by the lawful Afghan state.
I know many cannot accept this, but I’ve seen footage of what it might look like when a war is lost. If the Taliban actually think they have won…Goosestep your happy asses into Kabul and see what happens.

www.cnn.com

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bruxfinn
I am most astonished by the Taliban’s moronic interpretation of the departure of Stanley McChrystal from his NATO command

As opposed to everyone else?
What's worse the religious extremists and their understanding of politics or american sheeple beliving in whatever the 2 party system says?

Answer = Neither!
in fact the similarities between both parties is strong.

I know many cannot accept this, but I’ve seen footage of what it might look like when a war is lost. If the Taliban actually think they have won…Goosestep your happy asses into Kabul and see what happens.

Both parties lost
Even if you win, sorry let me rephrase
Even if war-profiteers win it's a pyrrich victory
actually, no it's not it's an actual victory because the american people were always intended to be the bankrupted losers.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

My whole interpretation depends on their having actually been a NATO/Taliban Alliance. I do believe this and while militarily the Taliban's goals cannot be achieved in Afghanistan there still exists the challenge of unraveling them politically, as this is the next stage in their demise.

War is War and even the winner of a fight has wounds to heal. I just don't know what to say about those people who put it into their minds that war is a profit opportunity...I'm just a soldier.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Never trust anything from those so called Islamist Websites, afterall thats where all the fake bin laden audios tapes come from!

McChrystal fired because of the incoming war on iran, not because Afghan the war is lost.

What nonsesnse.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Iran has been sidelined from what I can see...they cancelled their 'aid' flotilla, which is quite obviously cover for some other intelligence operation because failure was assured. They had to pull back.

I think they'll be pulling back for the rest of their lives because their cause too is dead, long dead, actually.

But militarily, the war is lost...for the Taliban. Soon enough, politically and legally, it will be lost as well.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bruxfinn

General Petraeus is supposedly some sort of happy Patton like character. Got shot in the chest and demanded to be released from the hospital shortly after.

I would like to see a month's work. He was impressive in Iraq.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

didnt bother reading the wall of text

anyhow, why is this even news? the islamists will use anything to make it look like they are winning, if they could, i wouldnt be supprised if they used the pope or whats happend with raids on the cathlics to push their agenda

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- The recent change in commanders in Afghanistan is proof the U.S and its allies have lost the war, statements posted on two Islamist websites said Thursday.

LMAO, thats freaking hilarious.
Thanks for the good laugh seriously. Those wild and crazy muslim extremists!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Their propaganda is not meant for us. It's for internal consumption.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I am sure this is a clean up assignment and not much more. Someone wants him to run for president so they don't want him all used up.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Their propaganda is not meant for us. It's for internal consumption.

Oh Wow!

Good One

Everyone knows this but it's always good for someone to point it out
because we may know it but not realize it

Good Post!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

An interesting theory there.

A long time ago I had a dream about the federal government being bombed to try and make america isolationalist. The two top generals brought the troops home to rebuild the government, but ultimately ended up disagreeing on many issues and fighting each other. While America had a civil war, the rest of the world turned to chaos. Eventually a World Union grew out of it and after a bit of rough and shoving, everyone ended up happy. 2 billion dead, but everyone was happy.

None the less. Just a dream. But I like your theory.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

While I do dream...i've never had one with that much detail...I need a new mattress.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Whether McChrystal would have gotten fired or whether he would have stayed on, either way it only proves that Obama is weak.
Islamic web sites no longer fear a US President so they no longer hide their fear with phony outrage and anger.
Instead, they are not shy to ridicule the US and its pacifist Prez.

McChrystal knew what he was doing by allowing that Rolling Stone article to be published.
Hell, he is into psy op mind games and Obama fell right into it.
I just don't understand why Obama waits 66 + days and still continues to ignore the oil spill yet a pot based article gets published and he reacts immediately.
Major disconnect.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I must admit I only dream two types of dreams. Timeline dreams with unusual detail levels, and first person 24-style action dreams with guns and glory. Most odd one was one where I was in Brooklyn. New York City was burning. I was wearing a Russian and American flag in some sort of army attacking US soldiers. I seldom had control over my self, otherwise I was following a predetermined path.

Um... I got one of them memory foam things. lol.

Too off topic. I am very interested to see what this gentle Patton can do.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

This event is better understood as a military victory and McChrystal was captured and will soon be put out to pasture. I guess it'll make more sense next month when everyone agrees that this war is already over.

Whatever Obama is matters not...

...something big just died this week.

it amazing to me that this is not obvious.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
My theory which I posted on another thread too is that the whole thing was faked. Why? Well if you take a high ranking general such as McChrystal and move him to a new post or such the enemy will take notice. I wouldn't be surprised if this whole thing was just a ploy to get him moved with an excuse so he can then be put in charge of the operation against Iran.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

I suppose if people are absolutely convinced that there will be an operation against Iran, then your theory seems plausible.

My theory concerning Iran is that Iran needs a western initiated war more than the west needs it. The survival of the mullahs rule requires this it appears.

So...if what you say is true, then not only has Stanley McChrystal been secretly collaborating with the Taliban all along, he has been secretly collaborating with the Iranians and that's why they'd feel comfortable with him leading an American initiated war against them. The Iranians would know that his guns will be pointed at their internal enemies and not them. Perhaps the Taliban are training in Iran, then. McChrystal would know.

If your theory is correct, its amazing how completely people have decided to destroy themselves through their own actions.

If I realized the this about McChrystal, I am certain many others have seen the same thing.

Sucks to be that guy...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I don't understand where you get that collaborating with taliban or iran? Also if his repuation etc. were tainted by the article etc. it would be whiped all clean when it would be revealed that it was a ploy. He'd probably end up as a national hero and maybe even next president

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join