It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

River of oil? Jellyfish on floridas east coast!!! Sharks & Rays in North Carolina!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I am fairly certain that these creatures can smell/taste the oil and gas well ahead of the actual deposits reaching them.

And they are getting the hell out !

Following coastline is most likely for navigational purposes.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

I am fairly certain that these creatures can smell/taste the oil and gas well ahead of the actual deposits reaching them.

I agree 100%

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moriarty

I agree 100%

Thanks Guys!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

As the smaller prey fish move inland to escape the oil and toxins, the larger predator fish are going to follow them. The normal migration of these fish takes place further out but due to the oil and gas the larger fish are going to follow their food source.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
reply to post by nh_ee

As the smaller prey fish move inland to escape the oil and toxins, the larger predator fish are going to follow them. The normal migration of these fish takes place further out but due to the oil and gas the larger fish are going to follow their food source.

My thoughts exactly, normally when I'm out on the boat with friends or family I wouldn't think twice about jumping in for a quick dip. Now I find myself looking before i leap. Don't really want to add myself to the menu of some of the large predators. Like my grandfather use to say, the sea is their home, we're only visitors and occasionally dinner

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by Moriarty

If not a river of oil up and down the shelf...

Then why would these animals hug the coast line? Warmer waters? What's your thoughts?

A bubble of gas.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, do I need a second line?

[edit on 25-6-2010 by mantic]

I give up trying to get the link to show.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mantic

Uh oh....

You're right!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATLien
I highly doubt mass migration..More likely an effect of the extreme and erratic weather and the fact the oil is destroying their ocean/HOME.

Well if im not mistaken the destruction or their "home" would cause a "mass" migration to an area that is habitable ... i mean common they might be animals but they still understand when their area is being destroyed thus making them look for a new safe spot to live, that is a natural instinct.

EDIT: i am comma fail LOL /cry

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Exalted321]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Jelly fish have no means of self propulsion, so they would not be running from anything. It is common for jellyfish to wash ashore en masse. Florida beaches close down due to man-o-wars washing ashore all the time. Same goes for the sharks. Beaches close due to mass migrations of sharks in the summer.

Two summers ago off the coast of SC from the pier all you could catch was baby sharks about the size of the one posted above.

Not saying we won't see odd occurrences in the near future. This, however, is quite normal from my summer beach experiences.

The thing to watch for is the absence of species from our shores. Bait fish and plankton will be the first to be affected, at which point the larger fish will migrate in search of food. When the shores start showing no signs of life is when you'll know it's time to start panicking.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mantic

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by Moriarty

If not a river of oil up and down the shelf...

Then why would these animals hug the coast line? Warmer waters? What's your thoughts?

A bubble of gas.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, do I need a second line?

I was reading the other day about the area below Cuba and Cancun: It contains black smokers whose ambient temperature is hot enough to melt lead!

I was worried about the potential of a Tsunami pushing the methane river
(do you have current data on it's size and whereabouts?) .. ...

pushing the methane river into this area and causing a secondary explosion
and concomitant wave action (which would be total chaos, likely). [kept me up three nights!]

Really bad news for the immediate surrounds.

It would be amazing to know what the actual mindset of BP is -- at its root, but that is likely darker than the places they go looking for oil.

Carolina area:
I suspect that a few dives in the Carolina estuary area where the current is strong would show the oil already there. I wonder that the University which is so well outfitted for studying the red tide has not taken a look see, they have all kinds of hazard protection gear.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
If this is really what is happening I say good.

Sea life, gtfo of dodge while you can!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join