It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy theory's are hard on your body and mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
face it how many conspiracy's are real?
i hear a few saying they all are just never proven REAL!!!

Ok just to say i love conspiracy's there like comic books to me.

Hollow earth
jfk
obama the muslim
niburu
even gnomes in mexico lol
aliens ect...
they all make ya go hmmmm...what if there right.

But 95.9% of all conspiracy's are just that utter rubbish with a good hookline to get ya eye's watering.

But the point of the thread is the stress factor of conspiracy's.
Has anyone of yall seen or meet another conspiracy freak that act's like the world may be out to get them...
They cracked under the conspiracys.

We sit around for day's at a time to come up with the next big whopper.
One guy said he has video of bigfoot..so the next guy try's to sell one on ebay lol

it is bound to take it's toll on the human mind.
It's almost like living a lie..but we end up thinking it's the truth.

My point is why not us as ATS user's focus on more factual conspiracy's with proof to back up our claim's.
instead of a new's article that may say this or that..
We should do more research to bring it to the table..we live in a heck of a age folk's everything is available online with the right tool's.

i have been known to find a good story that may be something on the net..
and never research it much before i post it.
so i am not immune here.

also breaks and sunlight with cure your conspiracy blue's

To all a good day

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Oh yeah it can take a toll! It can make you think every date is the end. I won't like the Blackjack threads got to me, I have a huge fear of nukes!

I look at the entire world and everything that goes on in it, conspiracy or otherwise as one huge Hollywood movie. I have read many things about what is going on and I can't help feel like life is really one huge stage and we are the actors (not getting paid like real ones) and TPTB are the directors.

I take most of what I read with a grain of salt but anything I question I do my own research on.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Stress yes, but I just have to know the truth! Guess curiosity comes with a price at times. I have thoroughly enjoyed our ATS neighborhood and while, like you mention, there is a lot of speculation and light-hearted superficial evidence brought forth, there are also some diligent reporting and cross referencing as well as multiple perspectives on subjects.

With so many new members, poster's, including myself a time or two, sometimes just want to participate and simply convey what they find without much research. I have learned better and I believe others will too, but there will probably continue to be oversimplified and generalized approaches to various subjects.

Yes, take a break sometimes! There seems to be much more negativity to feed our quest for truth than positivity, and we have to search harder for something hopeful and apply some objectivity. I think truth comes in all forms but any good news seems far and few between. As far as the amount of crisis we are facing right now with the oil spill(geyser), economy, natural disaster and wars, our perspectives are clouded with doom and gloom realities and perspectives, so tuning in at all is guaranteed to sadden us truth seekers.

I look at it as birthing pains, before something revolutionary occurs and shatters our current paradigm, ushering in a new era, so to say. Sometimes there is no creation without destruction. We all want to know what's going on so we have to be prepared to deal with what is collectively uncovered, and these days it is overwhelming.

If I become overly frustrated, I take a break, find someone to hug, talk to my family, meditate or go hiking to soak up Mother Nature and revitalize my energy. This helps a lot, although so many times when I reconnect with nature, I become even more sensitive and disgusted with what is happening to our Earth, so we can't give up the pursuit of truth, but we have to manage our findings in our lives, so as to not be constantly worried and bitter. Although there are times when our expressed frustration is necessary and helpful, just not every waking moment.

Peace

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

And avoid smoking anything (wink) after long sessions on ATS.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie

And avoid smoking anything (wink) after long sessions on ATS.

amen to that brother lol\
lol

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
We've all done it...let's just admit it here where no-one is looking...we've all lost whole days and even the nights too to ATS, and I'm sure there is even a conspiracy involved in how the site looks, with it's colours and tiny neat layout, and perfect beautiful little icons designed to get us hooked to the point where we know we can never leave and are actually happy about that.........or is that just me and my raging ocd that makes me want to know everything and have access to everything...especially if it's neat and pretty and organised....

Anyway....I've found that the antidote to all of this is very human, and it works well for me....I do the most physical, earthy, human thing I can find.....cooking, cleaning, digging the garden, playing with the dog, even brushing the dog, take a bath, have a massage, go for a walk on the beach....(that works really well!)...anything at all that is connected to something physical and material. Even sex. Especially, actually....if I remember quite correctly. Tis a distant memory.

So....to break the ATS spell and get our human selves back, and get ourselves moving.....maybe try some of this. And for god's sake switch the computer off first, and take your watch off or you will just be sooked right back in when you realise you haven't been here for 45 minutes, and all kinds of stuff could have happened while you weren't looking. Please someone tell me that's not just me.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by caitlinfae]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Ugh damn you...shhhh...in the midst of doing just that now.

Take care of your body or your mind will cease to function! Or is it vice versa?

Great advice about the sunshine and the hugs. Tomorrow

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

lol the first thing i would do in the morning last year was ...

wake up go over to the desk turn the pc....log in to ATS lol

i was tore up that year i thought a planet was gonna hit us..
i had my wife stocking can good's lol
and i swore obama was the antichrist.

i still got a camper full of can good's folk's that's no lie

new topics

top topics

join