It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid Dreaming Techniques

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

That's awesome to hear about your lucid success. This technique does work, I had a lucid dream this morning thanks to using it. It is also the most talked about and researched technique.

The reality and detail in dreams is stunning, they are realities within the imagination of the mind.

Thanks for sharing! S4U

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Very good thread. To any one who wants to know if there us pain in a dream of course there is IF u belive there is or if u set it up so u can feel it for that one 2 ect dream(s) very fun for stuff like "actual" cop shoot outs some times it's fun to get hurt

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

I want to THANK YOU for your thread, that I read last night for the first time. Although i have lucid dreamed in the past, I never have intentionally set out to do it- and oh boy did I.

I dreamt about exactly what I intentionally set out to dream about. And what was the most fantastic part of it was, I was sharing this dream with another person! Like in your blog Shared Dreaming. I feel that as completely as real as I am typing this now. You have opened me up to a whole new world of dream control, that up until now I never had the passion to do.

Now Im going to delve into all of your dream threads and get my self a little bit more educated on this fun new world!

Thank You friend.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

You post is exactly why I have taken the effort and time to try to present this knowledge freely and as a service to the online community in an effort to help promote and encourage exceptional dreaming.

I am really moved that it worked for you; I know first hand how wonderful these experiences can be. I feel selfish in harboring a lifetime of them and really feel it's up to us to share this gift so others can realize there is a true gift in the human experience called lucid dreaming.

Here are some of my other articles; may they be of some benefit to you.

The Anatomy of a Precognitive Dream
Dreaming a "Century of Time" During one Night of Sleep.
Shared Dreaming - Real life Inception

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I have tried this method,and several obvious problems arose amny times. For one,it takes me 2-3 hours to fall asleep,sometimes only 1 hour,sometimes 2.5 etc. And how should I know when exactly I fall asleep,so I never know at what time these 4-6 hours of sleep will actually pass, it might be only 2 hours of sleep for all I know,or 7 etc...because i DONT know what time it is when I finally do fall asleep. A few times got up and yeha,5 hours had passed,dran ksoem water,went to the loo, felt quite refreshed,then went to sleep again about 45 minutes later.And just layed there,totally not moving etc, eyes closed,and nothing,body just refused to paralyze and fall asleep,so I waitned and waited,until just fell asleep from exhaustion,because I kept on thinking of what I will do in the lucid dream.Finalyl my mind jsut fell asleep BEFORE my body did.
I only sometimes have felt how my body is being paralyzed and these flashes are in front of my eyes etc(actualyl in my mind),but then the next thing I knowis I just wake up.

lucid Dreaming is EXTREMELY difficult,a very tough art,almost impossible even I'd say,to practise it,let alone master it. I'm afraid such a general introduction won't serve muhc purpose or help,since it is a lot more tricky to lucid dream, for ex you msut not move your body,AT ALL,not even the finger,no matterhow much you want to etc.Eyes must be shut,breathing must be normal and monotone.
And even doing all those things I still always fail,sadly.

I SO SO want to lucid dream,but in my whoel life have only once,some 10 years ago.SAD.It's always like this I bet,those who truly crave it,never succeed,and those who maybe don't crave it as much,jsut accomplish this art.
I treid so many times damn it,and always failed.I feel like just comitting suicide,because I can't even be happy within dreamstate,and do what I want,let alone here on earth. sucks man

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
When I was still a tot, and still being put to bed in a crib, I can remember clearly going to bed and then finding myself on the ceiling in the room. I could hear my parents/noise/tv in the other room and I would move about the ceiling for what seemed like hours with my face being used to feel across the bumps and ripples on the surface. I remember it frightened me but no amount of protesting would make it stop, and I guess when I cried out my parents could not hear me.

I didn't know what it meant as I grew up but I never forgot.

My first Lucid dream occurred later in life when I was in my twenties. Once that one was under my belt they began coming more and more, sometimes several a month for months on end.

Here is how they would start.

I would lie flat on my back with a pillow under my head. I would put a pillow under my legs to support them up under my knees. Often I would put two pillows to get my heels off the surface of the mattress or cushion of the sofa. I often had music playing in the background but later found it not necessary. I would not try to sleep. I would simply focus on my teeth keeping the two plates slightly separated so that I could barely feel them touching. I would hold this position and focus only on the space between the upper teeth and lower. Then I would begin to feel a vibration between that space. It would move across the tips of my teeth and from one end of my jaw to the other. Once the vibration started (it felt more like electricity) I would try pulling my teeth further apart from one another, if I lost connection with the feeling I would close them together to start over. Eventually the electrical charges or vibrations would increase tremendously and almost painfully.

At this point my legs would begin to rise upward, not really, but the sensation of them rising. Then they would lay back down to the original position. Then up, then down almost like someone was moving them for me, a force. Then I would simply open my eyes and look around the room. I find myself looking down the length of my body in real time (I can open my eyes while lucid) but my entire body is paralyzed. I cannot lift my arms and I cannot lift my legs, that is when I know for sure I am lucid.

From this point I close my eyes and explore. Often though, when wanting to come out of the Lucid state I have to fight really hard, getting in is much easier for me than getting out. Sometimes I force myself to sit up, relieved to have finally broken the Lucid state, get up to walk and realize something is out of place, then it hits me I am still laying there. Again, I open my eyes and get up and then find out I am still in the same position laying down. It can get quite frustrating to say the least. I really hate when I want out and I cannot break through, it is torturous and I have even become angry if I cannot get out.

As the years passed I became very restless with it and I actually began to hate going Lucid. I felt trapped even though some of my most wild explorations have been during Lucid states. I just grew frustrated when I did not want to be there and I had spent hours being busy in what I perceived as 'real-time' only to discover that I was still dreaming.

Slowly as my 30's passed and now in my mid-40's the frequency has been further and further apart.

I am happy to report that my last Lucid state was one year ago and I feel fabulous!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Valeri

This technique does have it's limits for some people. There is a free online course I wrote called "A Course on Consciousness" that offers more techniques and might be well worth a read.

A Course on Consciousness

Lucid Dreaming may seem difficult but there is a lot to be said about inducing them and it can vary for certain people. The techniques in this thread do work however the person using this technique must be able to naturally fall back to sleep within a reasonable period of time.

You might need to learn how to relax the body into sleep. www.insomniacs.co.uk...

I started lucid dreaming when I was 15 (now 38) and I still have to work hard for it. If I don't apply focus, intent and techniques I simply will not have a lucid dream. Even if I do; there is no guarantee because my sleep environment is chaotic (phone calls at night, baby sleeps in our bed, noises outside) despite all of that I still induce them from time to time.

Don't get too worked up, frustrated and upset with the lack of results. A key word to this is "allow" yourself to have one, perhaps you are trying to hard forcing too much attention in your body where attention isn't needed.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
It has often happened to me that I have some "fantastically vivid" dream at night but the dream is often broken due to a dd disturbance. However whenever I sleep then I get the same dream...would you classify this as lucid dreaming?

I wished for the same dream to happen.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I once met a man named Rainey in San Antonio, TX, back in the early 90's who took a great interest in Lucid Dreaming. He was astonished that I could actively start a Lucid Dream if I wanted to.

He was working on a pair of Darkened Sunglasses that were fitted with a sensor which detected REM, upon which was connected to a recording device with an earphone attached to the glasses. Once REM commenced it activated the recorder to play in the person's ear a pre-recorded message done in their own voice.

A recording such as, "This is me, here to remind you that you are now currently in a dream".

I imagine if it woke you up you would only awaken to silence since the recording would be over and REM was stopped. Then off to sleep you go until the next REM cycle.

I never did find out if he finished it, and I really didn't require a device, but it sure seemed viable and plausible if you ask me. I am sure the recording could be set a low setting. Some people wake to any noise, at least I do, because even in my sleep I am listening. LOL, it is funny when background noise incorporates in the Dream.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

I know there are glasses used to fire red flashes when they detect REM to help people induce lucid awareness. I have never used them.

I try to create as much sensory deprivation as I can; usually ear-plugs because we do filter in external influences and they can affect the course of our dream.

I really want a dream incubation chamber!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
i love this post it would be cool if you did threads on dreams you had this really helped

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
When someone lucid dreams, are they able to go to familiar places? Do they almost feel real? There have been a few times where I know that I am dreaming, but I've never thought about actually trying to change the surroundings. For instance, I wouldn't mind reliving a few trips in different countries.
Can you go and see family members?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: YouAreDreaming

I'm bumping an old thread but I gotta say the information you shared was a gem in lucid dreaming seekers imo.

I have been trying to reach that state of lucid dreaming for years, I experience that state of being between the two worlds many times... sometimes I found myself shifting from so called reality to these hallucinations on and off quite fast, and yet still no awareness while being in the dream state! Could you please share a few tips on how to proceed from being aware of the hallucinations stage? Thanks.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Shuye

I think calling dreams hallucinations is not doing the dream or the dreamer much justice.

Hallucinations as far as I understand them are merely variations or augmentations of an exiting reality. Hallucinations are usually sight and sound based and are almost unheard of when it comes to touch and none when it comes to smell.

Dreams on the other hand are fully fledged realities with all the working senses sometimes enhanced as well as some of the laws of physics we have in the waking world. Malleable as they are they still pose a nice challenge for the beginner to over come until they have mastered the elemental aspects of dreaming and can move onto higher focused activities like communicating coherently with entities. In my experience they take on the image of grand parents not sure if thats them or me superimposing that archetype.

But yeah, Hallucinations they are most certainly not.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Shuye

The hallucination stage is effectively hypnagogic territories where we go through a process of what I call, "Inversion of the senses". The mind goes from pointing outward with our sensory perception to now pointing inward to the dream experience.

It's often encountered when you progress with a combination of physical relaxation towards sleep, and attention focusing on the intent to remain awake and aware through this process. The more physically close to sleep, the more the inversion happens and fractal patterns may emerge including audible sounds etc.

When you are there it's very close to the dream. Once the body is in sleep, generally the dream should take over.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join