It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just Don't Understand.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I have been coming to this site for a while now and taking part in come of the discussions and for the most part everyone I have talked to on this site seems to be of standard intelligence or higher.

As for what I don't understand is this. What the hell is wrong with the people on this planet? I posted this in the Philosophy Forum as I feel that this falls into the realm of differing view i.e. philosophical views.

Why can't we all just get along? Live and let live. Why is violence deemed unacceptable on an individual level but accepted on a governmental level? Like Wars. We teach our children not to hit someone when they are young, but as soon as they become adults, or even sooner, we say," Congratulations. Now here is a gun join the military and go kill someone in the name of (add whatever you want here.)

It does not compute. I understand people are said to be a product of their society, but this is just ridiculous. If there are evil men who control everything and are doing this for greed or power or just plain evilness, then why are we even participating?

I guess I am just tired of the BS and this post might come across as an angry rant, and maybe it is, but I just don't get it. Things just seem so stupid and really messed up. I know the difference between right and wrong. Things just seem to be really, really wrong. It is enough to make you want to give up and say F it.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Conclusion]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Power...people hurt each other for it.
Sux.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

I'm seeing this sort of response to the world more often now, than I ever have before. It may have to do with my age, since I'm young I might have just not been paying attention.

I feel like I've been born into a world that is so far on the cusp of complete disaster, that I only have time to witness the final curtain. I do not know what I can do to fix it, as the people before me are not people of action, but obedience. My parents followed their leaders, right down the path of the war machine, down the path of big oil. Now they tell me that the oil spill wont matter in a month or two. That everything will be "taken care of" by someone else.

I want my turn - but regulations, finances, and politics keep the same people in charge. How can I fight a system thats sole purpose is to give itself the advantage and power?

We are divided as a species, due to selfish people doing selfish things, promoting hate and division among their own kind.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SLaPPiE

Yeah...true, but is power worth it? Would you like to be that power?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I'm into the power of good.
The power of many minds working together.
The power of unity and equality.
I would like to be involved in this type of power.

I will call bs so fast it will make your head spin, so I'm glad to disagree with someone I feel is wrong.

Violent power such as war, police, and bullies, is not true power.
This type of power corupts, but I will use it if provoked.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by draevin

I feel like I've been born into a world that is so far on the cusp of complete disaster, that I only have time to witness the final curtain. I do not know what I can do to fix it, as the people before me are not people of action, but obedience. My parents followed their leaders, right down the path of the war machine, down the path of big oil. Now they tell me that the oil spill wont matter in a month or two. That everything will be "taken care of" by someone else.

Man you have hit the nail on the head with that.

I want my turn - but regulations, finances, and politics keep the same people in charge. How can I fight a system thats sole purpose is to give itself the advantage and power?

That's a big question. Hopefully someone on here has an answer.

We are divided as a species, due to selfish people doing selfish things, promoting hate and division among their own kind.

Very true. If everyone took care of each other no one would be in need of anything. We are a people of excess. We put value on things that do not feed, keep us warm, and shelter us.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLaPPiE

I'm into the power of good.
The power of many minds working together.
The power of unity and equality.
I would like to be involved in this type of power.

I will call bs so fast it will make your head spin, so I'm glad to disagree with someone I feel is wrong.

Violent power such as war, police, and bullies, is not true power.
This type of power corupts, but I will use it if provoked.

How can we overcome the violent power?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I feel you. What's a guy supposed to do when he looks at the world and sees that he probably has no future? I imagine this is approximately what it feels like to be handed an "x months to live" diagnosis.

You're not alone. The hopelessness gets to me too.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Just forget about it.
You are talking about humanity. We are to diverse to all get along.
You can only enlighten those with enough upstairs to understand.

I have thought of this for much of my life, and the only answer I have come up with is to try to belittle those that bully, showing that violence is an animal instinct that comes out of those who can not control it. While true enough that it is our instinct for survival, we would end up placing the bully as the caveman in the Geico commercial thus fueling the instinct.

Pretty deep this is.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SLaPPiE

i think it is more about control than power. oprah for example has a lot of power and she uses it for good things.

in order to understand what is going on with the planet you need to understand that life is energy. we are all energy. and we are all very very very powerful. so powerful that we create our collective world. and the world that we see it is just a holographic reflection of how we think, feel, act, speak, etc...

if you get this.. it doesn't take long to look out into our personal little worlds to see that control is off the charts in all of our lives. through criticism, through, fear, through insecurities. we control our kids, our neighbors, our animals, our friends, ourselves!!.

for example.. a simple thought such as "i am so mad he didn't come to my party!" i am so mad i am so mad i am so mad. in the mind for some people this thought can continue on for months, with anger. sometimes to the point where you won't even talk to him for months. this is one very simple example (of the millions.. maybe billions) of the ways we all control each other energetically. it is not allowing people to be free. our collective world is a holographic reflection of that. which is why we all have the power to change the world - all from within.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened
I feel you. What's a guy supposed to do when he looks at the world and sees that he probably has no future? I imagine this is approximately what it feels like to be handed an "x months to live" diagnosis.

You're not alone. The hopelessness gets to me too.

It seems we have put our trust into the wrong individuals. Now it is like we are stuck. I think it is time to vote for the no name candidates, just to get all of the people who have been in office forever out of the game forever. It is time to get all the old money, and corporate sponsored sale outs out of office.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion
Very true. If everyone took care of each other no one would be in need of anything. We are a people of excess. We put value on things that do not feed, keep us warm, and shelter us.

This is what needs to change if humanity is going to survive, without such a drastic change, our species will end sooner than necessary.

Yet, here I sit with my $1500 computer, typing on an $80 keyboard, about how the world is broken. I think of solutions to the incredible hypocrisy of it all, and find I'm faced with more rules and regulations preventing me from doing anything but following the leader, just as the generation before me has.

I would live off the land if there was land to live off, but it seems a person can't even go camping without paying a fee to someone else.

Which makes me wonder, whose idea was it to make us pay to live on the planet we're born on?

But, alas people are happy with their excess, and soon there will not be enough of anything to sustain them, or the rest of us who would have it any other way.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by draevin

I'm seeing this sort of response to the world more often now, than I ever have before. It may have to do with my age, since I'm young I might have just not been paying attention.

This is scary and true. I'm in my mid thirtys and when I was young I felt, was not told or given, but felt that the final curtain would dawn within 20 years and no we are watching it.

So what can you do to stop the corrupt system, look here:

Plant food, raise chickens become self sustainable
Do not work for a large corporation
Do not use credit
Do not get a mortgage
Buy locally with small business
Do not buy stock or investment
Keep a bank account open but keep money out of it
Vote only for third party canidates

That's a quick list, basically you have to protest with your money, that's all the TPTB see. If everyone stopped supporting their tyranny with money we could gain our freedom again.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLaPPiE

Just forget about it.
You are talking about humanity. We are to diverse to all get along.
You can only enlighten those with enough upstairs to understand.

I have thought of this for much of my life, and the only answer I have come up with is to try to belittle those that bully, showing that violence is an animal instinct that comes out of those who can not control it. While true enough that it is our instinct for survival, we would end up placing the bully as the caveman in the Geico commercial thus fueling the instinct.

Pretty deep this is.

I try to forget about it but I can't. We as a species are capable of such greatness, and it is not everyone that is ruining things, just the one's that are in power. If we (I) really do give up, then it will never change.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

reply to post by SLaPPiE

Personally, I would take that power, but only on the condition that I have many checks and balances to keep me in check. To quote George Orwell "Absolute power corrupts absolutely". If I had absolute power, I'm sure I'd do good at first, but there is always the possibility of becoming corrupt, it's just a human thing.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nltkn
reply to post by SLaPPiE

i think it is more about control than power. oprah for example has a lot of power and she uses it for good things.

in order to understand what is going on with the planet you need to understand that life is energy. we are all energy. and we are all very very very powerful. so powerful that we create our collective world. and the world that we see it is just a holographic reflection of how we think, feel, act, speak, etc...

if you get this.. it doesn't take long to look out into our personal little worlds to see that control is off the charts in all of our lives. through criticism, through, fear, through insecurities. we control our kids, our neighbors, our animals, our friends, ourselves!!.

for example.. a simple thought such as "i am so mad he didn't come to my party!" i am so mad i am so mad i am so mad. in the mind for some people this thought can continue on for months, with anger. sometimes to the point where you won't even talk to him for months. this is one very simple example (of the millions.. maybe billions) of the ways we all control each other energetically. it is not allowing people to be free. our collective world is a holographic reflection of that. which is why we all have the power to change the world - all from within.

I have thought about that. It seems that we cannot even begin to understand the outside if we cannot understand the inside.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISHAMAGI

This is scary and true. I'm in my mid thirtys and when I was young I felt, was not told or given, but felt that the final curtain would dawn within 20 years and no we are watching it.

So what can you do to stop the corrupt system, look here:

Plant food, raise chickens become self sustainable
Do not work for a large corporation
Do not use credit
Do not get a mortgage
Buy locally with small business
Do not buy stock or investment
Keep a bank account open but keep money out of it
Vote only for third party canidates

That's a quick list, basically you have to protest with your money, that's all the TPTB see. If everyone stopped supporting their tyranny with money we could gain our freedom again.

Very helpful post bro. All I can say is

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89

reply to post by SLaPPiE

Personally, I would take that power, but only on the condition that I have many checks and balances to keep me in check. To quote George Orwell "Absolute power corrupts absolutely". If I had absolute power, I'm sure I'd do good at first, but there is always the possibility of becoming corrupt, it's just a human thing.

Very true. But it will all come down to who you are inside. I believe the, if the right person could be found, that the best type of government would be a Dictatorship. The limits you would have to impose on yourself would make it very lonely and isolated. But If the right person could be found then there would be no red tape. One could make everything truly equal for everyone.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

This is what needs to change if humanity is going to survive, without such a drastic change, our species will end sooner than necessary.

Yet, here I sit with my $1500 computer, typing on an $80 keyboard, about how the world is broken. I think of solutions to the incredible hypocrisy of it all, and find I'm faced with more rules and regulations preventing me from doing anything but following the leader, just as the generation before me has.

I would live off the land if there was land to live off, but it seems a person can't even go camping without paying a fee to someone else.

Which makes me wonder, whose idea was it to make us pay to live on the planet we're born on?

But, alas people are happy with their excess, and soon there will not be enough of anything to sustain them, or the rest of us who would have it any other way.

It depends on how you use something that makes it hypocritical. I am not saying don't enjoy life. That computer your using made it possible for us to have this discussion, which I believe is an absolute need for me.

Yeah I agree. We have to pay for everything when it should be free and could be free if not for greed. I went as far as to think about communal living. That would be a great life. A village working and living together. Simpler is always better.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I think that most people are overwhelmed and therefore complacent and without real hope. Our society shapes us. I have always said that we live in a 'throw away' society. So much waste. I will always shop in a second hand store first.

As for people and wars and not getting along, individuals are so unique, societies of the world are so different. Some live by their religious belief systems whether good or bad. It is how they were raised and all that they know. There are too many followers and not enough open minded good people to take the lead. Even if people were to take their power back, they would have to fight for it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join