It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about a possible blow-up, evacuation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I have a question for y'all. If there is some kind of large explosion in the gulf area, like the ones talked about in a few different threads, how much of an area do you think they will evacuate? Florida is a fairly small state, width wise anyway, so do you think an evacuation would reach to the East coast of Florida as well?

I'd just someone with a scientific slant on this, to calculate the amount of danger, if the situation gets any worse. Thanks for your time.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Praxilla]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I dont know mate, but my mom is on the florida georgia border (georgia side) and i wish she'd come up to NY already.
I am keeping a good eye on events down there from all sources and i suggest you do the same.
If you have the means, maybe take a little trip up north for a while?
Stay safe.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Very good, thread, would like answers.

A 16 year old living in Orlando doesn't have too many options to do on his own, esp. with my parents

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Something tells me that an explosion isn't going to happen. But if I lived in Florida, either on the east or west side, and one did happen, I would leave regardless of whether or not the evacuation orders were for my area.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
How would I convince my indoctrinated family of this though? That's the main problem for me.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
an explosion would not effect us in FL, but the tsunami will and when it happens they will not have the time to warn anyone. No one knows unfortunently due to the black out. But after all what do you expect from Obama. Sad was the day I voted for this arse hole and sad will be the day that so many more vote for him just because he is black. I welcome the end and the sooner it happens the better for the one thing that matters.... Earth. As we are a parasite on her face and an ice age will clean her off real nice.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by robbinsj]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Thanks for all your replies. Unfortunately, I can't leave the state at the moment, later this month and next I do have vacation time coming up however, fingers crossed.

If a tsunami happens from the effects of a large explosion, would that also be a danger to the East coast of Florida? That would have to be massive.

The thing that worries me is that a cowpoke years ago I was having nightmares about a big event in my area. In these dreams my sister-in-law figured. She didn't live here at the time, nor did it seem apparent that she would move here. She since has, and that concerns me. In the nightmares we were fleeing the area, and panicked to find all the members of our family. There were military planes flying overhead, and they didn't seem all that friendly. Eh, it's probably just a dream, but it was scary, and stood out in my memory.

top topics

join