It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Addiction and Frequencies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
DISCLAIMER: This thread in NO way advocates or condones the use of any illegal substances. It is just a thought that I have been running through my mind for some time now and I would be interested in the views of from fellow ATSers.

We all have known/known of someone in past decades to now that has been a drug user, stoner, addict etc, and people who have been addicted to being 'high' in itself..our society treats it as an illness, be it physically or mentally so. There are those who have taken the path of drug use in their life who have ruined their lives because of substances and their all driving, consuming need for them, there are those who have lost absolutely everything due to addictions they can not control, and many have not a clue as to why. I have been told for years that my addictive personality comes from genetics as my Father and not my mother, has the same personality type. Ok genetics explains it in part, perhaps..but this is where my thoughts have gone lately; What if people who are or have been addicted to some various drug in this life, become addicted and in need of 'mind alteration' because it truly does feed their mind and being itself like water and food nourish our physical selves? and what if the need for a drug is caused by the current energy frequencies we all live with around us, being psychologically and spiritually painful to these personality types mentioned?
I know it isnt exactly a novel idea, but it would be nice to hear other views and thoughts on the mental states of addiction and the need to use mind altering substances that quite a large portion of our global populace use in one form or another..legal or illegal, socially accepted or not socially accepted..to feel 'normal' and/or balanced within themselves. How could the situation of drug addiction better be handled if any of these theories are at all correct? Because it really isnt being successfully dealt with in our present day cultures and social systems..
Thanks for reading!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
My names Jack and I'm an alcoholic and an addict. I receive a daily reprieve from my obsession with drugs and alcohol. Thanks to the principles of the 12 steps and having a higher power in my life. Science may one day accomplish curing addicts, yet it hasn't done so yet. What has rang true for me...and for hundreds of thousands of others...is there is only one program that works.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Full_Vision

What is a "drug"?

Psychoactives are NOT drugs. They are not addictive, quite the opposite. Ayhuasca and even '___' have helped people to get over alcoholism and drug addictions. Even smoking.
Whoever claims that they are addictive is either brainwashed or has no insight on the subject whatsoever.

It boils down to this: people seek ecstasy. It's temporary. Psychoactives offer knowledge and wisdom, and the euphoria they provide is not without a price. That is not temporary.

The only reason they are illegal (or the reason for the current drug laws) is that they would make people think. And that's a no-no for the government. Alcohol and tobacco destroy probably millions of lives every year. If the governments would be really concern about our health, those substances would've been banned long time ago.

It's sickening how these compounds are even mentioned in the same sentence as drugs. It's blasphemy.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diluted
What has rang true for me...and for hundreds of thousands of others...is there is only one program that works.

Congratulations on kicking your habit. Although it may have been the only successful one that worked for you, everyone should know that there is more than one way to beat addictions.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

Oh i get all of that, and know of the mentioned substances intimately.. only ones mind can make anything addictive IMO, and i didnt say it was the substance itself that was addictive but how its handled.
As for the use of the word drug- its the commonly known label and so it is stuck. but i tend to prefer the term 'mind altering substances' as thats exactly what they are. no matter the category of that substance, they alter the mind and thus alter the perception of those who use..and yes they do make people think and see things they normally would not have before..and i also believe that to be one of the main reasons so many substances are illegal..

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Diluted

Good for you for taking control instead of letting it control you.. i am glad to hear you found a programme that works for you, but not everyone in the same or similiar situation as yourself will need the same steps to control their lives..and mental will power is a huge part of it too.
thank you for your imput

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Full_Vision

The experiences (I'm avoiding using the term "trips" because it has such a cliché sound to it) are usually so physically and mentally exhausting that you don't even want to have another in a while.. that's what makes them un-addicting.

They are the key to many questions about our existence and the nature of, well, everything. '___', for example, is everywhere, and that's not without a reason.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Exactly! after such experiences you dont go and do it again a few hours later or the next day..(and agreed about the use of the term 'trip').. I also strongly believe when handled properly, mind altering substances can open up entire new realms of thought and understanding..which of course the PTB would not want us to know of at all..if one has the self and mental control to be able to enjoy the use of chosen substance, it can lead the mind to whole new worlds of sorts..
but the ones who cant help but let the substance control them, can and do i have noticed over the years, end up in many problems.
I also havent any doubt that '___' is natural to our own bodies as well as Earth herself for a purpose, as is the same with many known plants world wide..Shaman knowledge in ancient times shows the use of these plants and fungus to contact other levels of consciousness shows that i think

edited for wording

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Full_Vision]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I to am an addict I smoke a pack a day and am addicted to vicodin or any form of opiate it sucks and I want to quit but don't know how I get really sick when stop I take up to 5 a day it doesn't make me tired I am bipolar and it gives me enegy I can work all night but I know I really need help if someone has kicked this please please help

Thanks

[edit on 8-7-2010 by IndianaOps]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I'm surprised no one is on this everyone has a vice

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I know what you mean when you talk about the brain-exhaustion. Especcially with our friend "Demarcus"

and I can only speak for my self, but yes, there are ways to kick stuff. I was involved in a rather sickly form of addiction for a good portion of my life, and only recently was I able to deal with it, with help from friends, Dimitri, and just being all around honest with my self and the ones I love

new topics

top topics

join