It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From your FSME: What do you want to hear about?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Dear all my lovely cryptozoologists,

I have a bit of time over the summer to spend on ATS--something that I don't have much of during the school year and when my more intense research/work stuff is going on. I will be out in the western US at a field research station without cell phone service but with internet for most of the summer, and I promise to be here a little bit more. Both Gemwolf and I love you all very much, but we are both busy people. I am dedicating a bit of time to you all before autumn comes.

Therefore, what would you like to learn about? Hear about? What have you been wondering about? These types of discussions are things that I can help with, as I see you have all been keeping up with news postings on your own (and doing an excellent job, I might add).

Remember, I am also available via U2U to answer any specific zoological questions at any time, although it may take me a little bit to get back to you. I also love to chat about all sorts of critters and theories, many of which I could probably post in a BTS-ish thread on here, but not in cryptozoology. It might also be easier for you to send me a little note as such: "Heyyyy Raven! I really love rhinos/sloths/snails/primates/anteaters/sexual behavior in primates/marine biology/xenarthrans in general/animal skulls/comparative morphology/evolutionary theory/insects/whatever and I want to hear some cool facts and chat about it!"

I'd love that!

I don't know much about plants (I know, lucky this is a cryptozoology and not a cryptobotany forum, right?) but I can also do my best to help with that, I know a few cool facts about plants. Like maybe six.

Anyway, keep in touch my darlings. I miss you all dearly, I am sorry that I have been a bit absent but I've been working hard in school and networking so that I get to play with cool animal specimens as much as possible. And sometimes life gets in the way. And sometimes ATS gets scary when weird political things happen, right?

Keep in touch! Give me feedback, send me a note, tell me what you want me to post about or if you'd like to chat one-on-one. I'd love to post some cool threads, but I don't know what you're all interested in these days! So let me know.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
It's good to hear from you and especially exciting to hear that you're going to be doing some exciting stuff this summer!

One thing on this topic that I've been wondering about is what effects we're going to see on the wildlife in the Gulf area due to the oil spill. I'm so curious about what damages we're going to see to wildlife in 10-20+ years as a result of this. Of course it will mostly be fish, but the oil is also going into marshlands and beaches so it will certainly affect some amphibians and reptiles as well, and even mammals. Will some migrate? Die out? Will there be mutations? 5-legged frogs and the like? Will today's disaster explain some of tomorrow's crypto sightings?

Well... just one idea for a chat.

Most importantly though, welcome back!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I think it would be great to learn about some crypto that is now extinct, but has evidence of its existence.

Look forward to it!

-E-

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
A couple I enjoy reading about are the north american Bigfoot, the paupau new guiniue Pteradon, and the congo Sauropod, those are my top 3.

North American Bigfoot
Paupau New Guiniue Pteradon
Congo Sauropod

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
When you say "out west" I think of Indians. Have you done much research into cryptid of Native Americans. Big Foot is a big one and then there are Thunderbirds too. It depends how far north you are heading.

Perhaps you should learn a little more about plants. They are great if get hurt or hungry. And you might find one of those man-eating maraphasa plants while you are out there.

Another idea, maybe not for this board - cattle mutilations and shapeshifters. They are often associated with Big Foot sightings. UFOs too. Maybe too far afield from you feild.

And a personal note of great joy for me. I will be taking a Big Foot tracking class in the fall. I can hardly wait?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Solofront

Have you looked at this thread:
Are there living pterosaurs? The kongamato

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Oh, I know about plants. Trust me. Haha, I just don't know much about cryptobotany (other than the three or four threads that I posted awhile back). This forum also does not cover anything related to UFOs, such as cattle mutilation.

A bunch of these topics already exist in great detail on here. So I'm going to avoid those, as interesting as they may be. If you're interested in a specific cryptid, I forward you to the index threat that is linked in my signature.

I'll give this a few more days and come up with something exciting.

[edit on 6/25/2010 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Thanks for the link. I started my love for crytids with Ness. I still like sea monsters. Why not one closer to home, like Champ. There was a spate of really credible sightings in the early 20th century.
And Thunderbirds.
And Big Foot.
Jaguarundis are not cryptids they are just OOPAs. Still pretty interesting.
Surprised are good too.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zachi

Those have all been covered in the index thread.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Hey Ravenshadow...

I have a bone I found on the beach one day, I wonder if you can tell me what it's from? It's not from any sort of mythical beast and may just be a weathered cow bone but it would be nice to know what it's from!

I'll get the pictures up in a thread if that's ok and I'll U2U the thread to you.

Thanks a lot in advance, it's good to have you and your knowledge here!!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

Yes! Wow, this was late. But I will totally do things like this.

Um, I'm here! And still willing to post request-threads.

top topics

join