It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police encounter. Freeman gets off driving without a license.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grossac
reply to post by Geeky_Bubbe

Your not using the rights your defending. What's the point of defending them. Your judgment is obscured by many years of brainwashing.

are you sure the laws don't have you a little turned around?

what you call brainwashing ... some might call braindirtying

great thread,
ET

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Keeping humour is an essential part of the day. Keep up the good work.
As for being turned around, it's pretty hard not to be after millenia of being shoved down our throats.

Peace

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Grossac]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Your not using the rights your defending. What's the point of defending them. Your judgment is obscured by many years of brainwashing.

I read this once
Going to church doesn't make you a christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
It applies to you and the IDEALS your supposedly defending.

I don't think I understand your point. But, if I do, you think because I actively protect the Constitution, btw, something I've sworn to do, yet still acknowledge what I believe is the "state's right to license motor vehicles and drivers" I am not "using the rights I defend?"

I beg to differ.

I use my right of free speech every day, even in this day and age when it is far "iffier" to do so than it has *ever* been in my entire lifetime... and I *SIGN* *MY* *NAME* to it. I exercise my right to freedom of religion. I exercise my right of gun ownership. I exercise my right of freedom of assembly. I exercise my right of redressing my government. I exercise my right to be secure in my person, place and things. I exercise my right to defend the latter three things.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Keeping humour is an essential part of the day. Keep up the good work.
As for being turned around, it's pretty hard not to be after millenia of being shoved down our throats.

Peace

You STILL have not answered this simple question, asked now for the THIRD TIME:

Hummmm... I posted this in an earlier reply to you, which you either didn't see or chose not to answer....

I conscientiously advocate and *work*, and financially support efforts to advocate and ensure the ideals America was founded upon. It's *easy* to complain in an anonymous internet forum and fantasize about being a "free anarchist." It's a whole other world to put your *face*, *name*, *reputation*, and *money* to guard our rights. I know what I do.... what do YOU do?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
something i read from either the op author or another ATSer posted made me think of this, but now i can't remember what that was, but i'll post this anyways as food for thought:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
quoting myself from a post in QueenAnnie38’s thread concerning BP oil execs and cleaning up the gulf:
annie,
these people were not prepared to do what it was by law required of them (i assume), nor were these people prepared to do what it was they said they could do, thirdly, these people did not do what they said they could do and what by law they were required to do.

fool me four times, shame on us both, twice.....

if i get an "F" from an "F" then an "F" is what an "F" is.

But, if i get an "F" from an "F", well hell, isn't that sort of a passing grade, and a compliment?

Dear Lawmakers,
Fool me four times, shame on us both, twice!
Or make more laws to help jack up the price!
More laws than any child lives to learn, not nice!!

Thoughts, things & stuff,
ET

I would equate those who are paying others to make more laws to govern over them while they don't know all the existing laws, nor can they live long enought to learn them as an ideology like this:

if you are paying others to make new laws when you can't number the existing ones, then you are somewhere inbetween a dog chasing it's own tail, and a monkey throwing poo at it's own species.

need an example of putting this into practice on one individual?
watch glenn beck on FOX and see how many circles he draws up on his boards ...

- ET

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I'm a computer technician. You not defending those rights. You've been trained to obey. You're a servant to the master. I've got no beef with you or what you do. To each his own. I am equal to everyone. That includes any prime minister or prez. Just because they cower behind desks and let their slaves do their dirty work, doesnt make me any less. Peace be with you

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

You not defending those rights.

Excuse Me?

And you KNOW this HOW?

Or, do you also have some Magical Mystery definition of "defending" as you to for "driving?"

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geeky_Bubbe

You STILL have not answered this simple question, asked now for the THIRD TIME:

I conscientiously advocate and *work*, and financially support efforts to advocate and ensure the ideals America was founded upon. It's *easy* to complain in an anonymous internet forum and fantasize about being a "free anarchist." It's a whole other world to put your *face*, *name*, *reputation*, and *money* to guard our rights. I know what I do.... what do YOU do?

sure, i will, if the laws permit me to do so.

let us see where this question leads, shall we?

oh, looky there right under where i, and you, are typing our posts it says:

Please do not post your own personal information. You should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit here can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit, and may remove it at our discretion.

my face?
look at my location on my avatar. i live at 120 B Street. YOU HAVE MY COORDINATES, lattitude and longitude.

my name? john paul som peter goede.

my reputation? please clarify what you define as reputation. do you need my social security number?

my money? *Edited to remove bank account routhing number and account number and add: i do not own money according to the laws.

what do YOU do?

available on my ATS public profile....

well, from 1998 until a year ago i was a firefighter in the United States Air Force for ELEVEN years, more than 3 of them spent in warzones during 8 deployments. My home base stateside was Nellis AFB in Nevada.

prior to my 11 years as a militant firefighter i worked hands on taking care of developmentally dissabled children at a skilled care facility for 11 years.

now with forced to be medically retired due to being too close to stuff that went BOOM i have been diagnosed with "Post Traumatic Stress Disorder associated with Traumatic Brain Injury", i can't get a job, and the government pays me $2 grand a month to sit on my ass and blog with people like you who demand to know who i am.

your turn to answer the same questions, in the same fashion.

your turn

It's a whole other world to put your *face*, *name*, *reputation*, and *money* to guard our rights. I know what I do.... what do YOU do?

are you willing to answer the same questions you demand of ATSers?

if not, ... whatever....

ET

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

And you think someone doing that should be penalized? Not rewarded? Oh Yeah! Have some more Kool aid

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I was not directing that to you I was directing the question to Grossac who has consistently told me that *I* have not either engaged in my freedoms or defended them. When one makes that sort of challenge, let alone both, one should be willing to step up and *say* what the challenger has done.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I should have added "beyond bitching about it in an internet forum" in my above.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos

And you think someone doing that should be penalized? Not rewarded? Oh Yeah! Have some more Kool aid

Doing what? Driving without a license? If so: Yes. That is what I believe.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I was not directing that to you I was directing the question to Grossac...

It doesn't matter who you were directing the questions toward.

the point is:

it is against the laws (terms and agreements of ATS) to answer such questions.

sorry, but the OP Authors' hands are tied, the laws do not permit us to answer such questions in total honesty, now do they?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

I was not directing that to you I was directing the question to Grossac...

It doesn't matter who you were directing the questions toward.

the point is:

it is against the laws (terms and agreements of ATS) to answer such questions.

sorry, but the OP Authors' hands are tied, the laws do not permit us to answer such questions in total honesty, now do they?

I don't want to know who he is, I simply wish him to state what he has done in furtherance of the "rights" he seems to hold in such high esteem. He's the one who has told me any number of times what *I* haven't done.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

A man has the right to travel in his automobile without a drivers license. It's a fundamental right. Are you defending that. That right has been clouded with acts and statuts. That's all I'm saying. I'm not judging you or trying to make you a bad guy.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

It's not what I have done but rather what I'm doing.. I'm making people aware that they have those rights.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I don't want to know who he is, I simply wish him to state....

now you don't want to know who he is, but you want him (THREE TIMES) to tell you his face, name, reputation, money and what he does without telling you who he is?

." It's a whole other world to put your *face*, *name*, *reputation*, and *money* to guard our rights. I know what I do.... what do YOU do?

i am confused as to what it is you expected or expect of the OP author.

i'm going to go watch some twilight zone reruns ,
ET

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Obviously, by the video, you see that you ARE allowed to drive without a license if you know your rights and are prepared. The guy in questions knew his rights and answered the questions without falling into a trap.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Grossac

Yes I understand that everyone has the right to drive. Also everyone has a right to safety and that's exacltly why you need a license. It is proof that you know the rules and laws that are on the roads. If this guy is driving around without a license then we have no idea if he is impaired or even knows how to drive. By driving without a license this guy is actually going against his own principle of not breaching anyone elses peace by endangering others.
Also what I don't understand is that why would there be some kind of verbal trap that he has to say the word drive? His actions speak louder than his words and if he were to say that he isn't driving he'd be lying. Do mute people get same exception to laws?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
In the USA, we can travel freely in any of the States without a driver's license, just have someone else take you. Take a bus, train, boat, whatever, and let someone else do the driving.

Or, walk, ride a bicycle, ride a horse, drive a horse and buggy, travel the waterways in a small watercraft (without sails or motor of course), and even fly in ultra-light or lighter-than-air aircraft, all without a license.

Naturally you will need ID of some kind, but you don't need a driver's license for that.

There are still a number of unregulated forms of travel left to US citizens who want to reach a destination on their own. It would be an interesting trip, as well as a personal statement, to travel across the US using only unregulated means.

Not in Ohio. Even a homemade canoe has to be registered.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join