It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Illegals have any rights?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Since they are breaking the law by being here, how come they are entitled to rights? just wondering.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Is it illegal to eat mexicans in your state?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Hey, they may be illegal in your misconstrued mind, according to your contrived and biased laws. But I consider them naturally migrating humans (as nature had intended) and not illegal in the eyes of their creator.

Man, what a sad sorry nation the USA has become. Selfishly self-serving too. No wonder so much is going wrong in this nation, ya got a boat load of bad karma hanging over this racist bigoted nation. I wouldn't be surprised if god him/her self came down to punish ya'll for this attitude towards other fellow Earth citizens.

Say, when that volcano busts loose in the gulf, and the USA turns into a polluted cesspool of death and your government tries to herd you all into FEMA camps, don't any of you be trying to sneak up into Canada now for a chance at the good life. That would make you all illegal hypocrite humans, and nobody likes a hypocrite or illegal creature, ha. You stay right where you belong, in your nation under god .. a punishing god I pray and hope.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Hulk Hogan

Short answer: They're human beings too.

Long(er) Answer: Any solution will contain both civility and force. Respecting an illegal immigrant's basic human rights is the antithesis of forcefully violating them. Force is inherently inefficient and expensive in the long-term. Also, force begets force, resulting in more pervasive and more extensive problems.

Personally, I respect illegal immigrants' rights because the alternative is force. Notice how forceful the rhetorical of those who do not is. Also, notice how unworkable and expensive their proposed solutions are.

The ultimate solution will arise from agreement, not disagreement, mark my words.

Shane

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hulk Hogan
Since they are breaking the law by being here, how come they are entitled to rights? just wondering.

Something about them being "Illegals". Since Obama won't allow the local Arizona people to help deal WITH the problem... why hasn't those Arizona-Border-Patrol groups gone into Mexico land and stop the Illegals on their land... Since they HAVE setup illegal lookout bases on the hills.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
You sound like that crazy minister who said that Katrina was brought about by the gay people.

For the vast majority who oppose illegal immigration, race is not a factor. That's a red herring and you probably know it.

As for indigenous people, natural migration, and the rest aside, the very clear and black and white FACT is that what is happening is illegal. If and when the law is changed, that will be a different story.

And please don't be so disingenuous as to pretend that you haven't seen the polar opposite from the government of Mexico when the situation is reversed. They have very strict immigration laws and they enforce them.

As to the OP, the illegal Mexican citizens who are here have rights. They have human rights and, in addition, prisoners rights when in custody, pending their deportation.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
because 1st off, criminals have rights. we cant just kill them so in essence, thats a right. we need to give people rights because that is America. we are freedom, whatever freedom we may have left. but i agree in your true thought, which im sure is, we should be careful as to defining what is fair in terms of illegal immigrants and legal citizens. we often get penalized. we being legal citizens.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
America is NOT Mexico. America and Mexico have their own set of laws. Terrorists could make their way to Mexico, build up their gangs and then bring them into America without being punished. Fair enough to give the terrorists "rights", but when there is a nother 9/11, who you gonna call? George W. Bush and the Republicans. Since Obama doesn't even care who does OR not enter into the U.S.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Hulk Hogan

Does your law allow for the torture, rape and murder of prisoners?

Of course not... to be civilised means that you treat EVERYONE with respect and that EVERONE is entitled to the basic human rights...

Obviously, criminals will have some of these rights removed when they are imprisoned... but they are still human beings, and as such, they MUST be treated ethically.

To treat them any other way would be mean a reduction on our own humanity and reduce our justification for imprisoning them in the first place.

These "Illegal Immigrants" may be breaking your country’s law... but at the end of the day, many of them are just human beings trying to make a better life for themselves.

“Let he who is without sin cast the first stone”

peace

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gordonwest

Yeah, exactly. There's that hypocritical lip service they're been paying us out of one side of their mouths about border and port security since 9/11 while out of the other side of their mouths come their feeble attempts to scare us senseless about terrorism. Con artists. Liars.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by gordonwest

Yeah, exactly. There's that hypocritical lip service they're been paying us out of one side of their mouths about border and port security since 9/11 while out of the other side of their mouths come their feeble attempts to scare us senseless about terrorism. Con artists. Liars.

So then you do belive that what happened on 9/11 wasn't real? Con Artists... Who then WILL protect the country?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hulk Hogan

Because they are humans? Hulk?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

ya got a boat load of bad karma hanging over this racist bigoted nation

C'mon. Racist and bigoted because someone wants people to obey the law? I guess other nations, like the one that I'm living in right now, are even more bigoted and racist because they required all the immigrants to learn the language or get out.

I'd better leave before the karma train whaps this country good!

While I had the initial thought of some of you, that the illegals still maintain some rights because they're human, I don't think that's what the OP was getting at. I think that he means more illegal immigrants being entitled to certain rights and privileges under the law.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

ya got a boat load of bad karma hanging over this racist bigoted nation

As have we all.

Arguing about the exact amount and who has more only seems to work if one has a very short and selective memory.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
C'mon. Racist and bigoted because someone wants people to obey the law?

Just because it's a law, YOUR law, doesn't make it right or moral or justifiable. Slavery was once legal. There was a time when women were not allowed to vote. Being gay could have landed you in prison in the past. There's a boat of of old ugly laws still on the books, and that doesn't make them right. To tell you the truth, I have very little respect for mans laws. I follow a higher moral set of laws and values. I hurl on mans laws.
Man is not my master nor my god.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
Hey, they may be illegal in your misconstrued mind, according to your contrived and biased laws. But I consider them naturally migrating humans (as nature had intended) and not illegal in the eyes of their creator.

Man, what a sad sorry nation the USA has become. Selfishly self-serving too. No wonder so much is going wrong in this nation, ya got a boat load of bad karma hanging over this racist bigoted nation. I wouldn't be surprised if god him/her self came down to punish ya'll for this attitude towards other fellow Earth citizens.

Say, when that volcano busts loose in the gulf, and the USA turns into a polluted cesspool of death and your government tries to herd you all into FEMA camps, don't any of you be trying to sneak up into Canada now for a chance at the good life. That would make you all illegal hypocrite humans, and nobody likes a hypocrite or illegal creature, ha. You stay right where you belong, in your nation under god .. a punishing god I pray and hope.

Are you for real? people are not geese. People congregate and use up all the resources and look for another place thru force if necessary to pillage. We used to be a people of like minded goal and aspirations. If we do not control our own land, then we will be overrun with people looking for not just a better life thru hard work, but to prey upon the weak and maybe engage in what our civilization considers illegal activities. There is nothing racists about controlling immigration. It is necessary so as a country we don't become California, however am afraid it is too late. As a white guy I can tell you getting into Canada is no picnic. Unless white people in Canada hate white people.
And as for wondering what happens when the oil volcano goes off? thats not immigration that is refugee status my friend. If we are such a racists people then why do we bring Africans to the U.S. and put them up in places that are 98% white with little by way of work only to provide at taxpayer expense a SS check, food stamps and welfare? It is a drain. If a pdeople want to be free, they need to learn to fight for it and create their own future. So get off the racist thing will ya. I get sick of people pulling the race card out their arse when they have no valid argument for anything.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The title of this thread is also aimed at Americans in general.

This is exactly how the Native Americans felt.

How does it feel? Does it hurt?

At least Mexicans just come to America, they don't scalp Americans like the American ancestors did to the Native Americans.

This thread is the most ironic thread on ATS.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv
The title of this thread is also aimed at Americans in general.

This is exactly how the Native Americans felt.

How does it feel? Does it hurt?

At least Mexicans just come to America, they don't scalp Americans like the American ancestors did to the Native Americans.

This thread is the most ironic thread on ATS.

How about we load em up and dump them all on Dublin or Shannon? Got enough jobs over there for 3-4million immigrants a year? If not, ready to absorb the cost of maintaining the increase of population? Ready to see jobs for those who are not highly educated being given to immigrants for half of what your "native Irish" people are currently working for? It is not racist to control your resources.
By the way I am part Native American as well as Irish and Scots and some French and English thrown in for good measure. So don't lecture us Americans about being racist. Talk to what you know, not what you read in the Marxist propaganda pages about the US.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

Maybe they would be better received in this land if they brought us all some of those (once used) colorful wool blanks for all, like the pilgrims did for the illegal aliens that were here when Columbus discovered this uninhabited land.
"Hey, free colorful Mexican blankets for all, get them while they're HOT HOT HOT." (I suppose this innuendo will fly right over the heads of many folks too).

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Why do illegal immigrants get any rights? Are you, an American, seriously asking this question?

Your nation left the British Empire with an argument that everyone had inalienable rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Every single person in the world is supposed to have these rights according to your nation, to deny them to anyone is against the very ideology that the United States was founded upon.

These rights are universal human rights, by the very virtue of being human you are supposed to be granted these rights by your fellow humans.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join