It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ostendo Kether, Ozzy Osbournes last album has some eerie similarities to the BP incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Hello everyone, I've known this site for a while. Never actually participated though.

This morning I remembered the name of Ozzy Osbourne's last album, "Black Rain"

The lyrics and album artwork are very interesting to me concerning the worlds current state. I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

Here's a link to the lyrics for now...

www.azlyrics.com...

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Ostendo Kether]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
The song " The Almighty Dollar " always stuck out to me...

"The Almighty Dollar"

It's in the lives that we lead
Setup for money and greed
A little isn't enough we have to use it all up
Success, excess, the truth is inconvenient

Oh hang your head
Pillaged and left us for dead
You kept us blind and mislead
How could you think nothing's wrong
You won't be smiling for long
When it's all gone, gone
We can never go back

Burn into the air and atmosphere
Watching the rain come down
Turn your head away ignore the fear
Watching the ice crash down

Our father's justice gets closer
How could you screw us all over
Rape, steal and murder
God bless the almighty dollar
The almighty dollar

Poison the air that we breathe
Chained to industrial need
Destroy the souls that you steal, the radiation is real
Debate, too late, you've built our funeral pyre

You kill my faith
Mother earth, desecrate
Deceive the whole human race
I know you think nothing's wrong
We won't be breathing for long
When it's all gone, gone
We can never go back

How could you # us all over
Rape, steal and murder

Death, doom and disaster
The point of no return
No earthly life ever after
Is it too late to learn?

How could you # us all over
Rape, steal and murder
The almighty dollar

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Reminds me of Killer of Giants from The Ultimate Sin Album.

Yeah.. Ozzy (once he got away from Black Sabbath) has always been about the environment and stupid killing in wars and all that good stuff. I think he is a very deep and complex person despite his past drug use.

I have been listening to Ozzy since I was 14. I am 42 now and his stuff was always great. More people should listen to the Oz Man.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
,Good find. thanks for posting and welcome as a reg.

I'm assuming its an eerie coincidence because truth really is stranger than fiction most of the tiome. Not that this diminishes the power of coincidence in such cases. Synchronicity itself is not to be trifled with.

Another thing...as you may know, Mr. Osbourne will soon be the subject of a very unique medical experiment.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
The Ultimate Sin is a great album! And Killer of Giants is one of my faves.

Is it just me or does his album Black Rain seem a little eerie with the recent BP issues?

A little farfetched, but the lyrics in Almighty Dollar are reminiscient of the current events... I always believe music can have a lot of meaning (Children of The Grave by Black Sabbath for example ) and can be prophetic. Coincidence or not, I still find it interesting.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Ok, thats a little interesting.. silent thunder, i didn't see your reply until i finished my last post...

Very eerie coincidence.

Wow. No kidding...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
did Ozzy write the lyrics? Geezer wrote all the Ozzy-era Sabbath stuff and some solo Ozzy too. I'm just wondering because I was under the impression that Mr Osbourne had help with his lyrics.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
From what I remember Down To Earth was his first album that he completely wrote the lyrics himself, and since then I believe it's been his lyrics.

I didn't know that Geezer wrote some of Ozzy's lyrics though when he went solo... Hmm.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
,Good find. thanks for posting and welcome as a reg.

I'm assuming its an eerie coincidence because truth really is stranger than fiction most of the tiome. Not that this diminishes the power of coincidence in such cases. Synchronicity itself is not to be trifled with.

Another thing...as you may know, Mr. Osbourne will soon be the subject of a very unique medical experiment.

“Throw some fag ash on his cornflakes.”

I can just see the kinds of advice Ozzy will be giving folks who read the UK Times...

"Wine is fine, but whiskey's quicker"

"Bite off three bat heads and call me in the morning"

"KEEP ON SMOKING IT!"

his next album title will most likely read something like this:

WitchDoctor Times: U.K. Live

"I'm the Prince of Darkness Damn it, and I rule you too!"

kidding aside however... Ozzy has been one of my mentors from my childhood and continues to this day to exist as one of Rock's most talented artists. I even learned the drums for 6 months under the tutorage of Tommy Aldrich while growing up in Hollywood.

heh... I will truly miss him when he departs.

Another of Ozzy's greatest achievements was the production of Revelations (Mother Earth), a track that greatly resembles the Almighty Dollar track lyrically. This was produced in 1983 - I believe this was the year that Randy Rhodes was killed...

Here are the lyrics to Revelations (Mother Earth):

Mother please forgive them
For they know not what they do
Looking back in history's books
It seems it's nothing new
Oh! Let my mother live...

Heaven is for heroes
And hell is full of fools
Stupidity, no will to live
They're breaking God's own rules
Please let my mother live...

Father, of all creation!
I think we're all going wrong...

The course they're taking
Seems to be breaking...

And it won't take too long...

Children of the future...
Watching empires fall.

Madness the cup they drink from...
Self destruction the toll.

I had a vision, l saw the world burn...
And the seas had turned red.

The sun had fallen, the final curtain...
In the land of the dead.

Mother, please show the children...
Before it's too late.

To fight each other, there's no-one winning...
We must fight all the hate.

Randy Rhodes breaks into his piano solo, then picks up the guitar to finish it off.

It was the Rhodes / Ozbourne combination that turned the world About Face... It was a new era for Rock -n- Roll. Ozzy's leaving Black Sabbath to discover Randy Rhodes IMHO was a direction of Divine Intervention, and the beginning of the short transition that the Face of Rock took. I say short because Rhodes' life was stamped out quicker that a lit match. (SIGH)

Welcome to ATS! and thanks for posting this Ozzy Tribute!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ostendo Kether

Does Ozzy have his Illuminaughty membership card yet, do you get a special one at pension age? Interesting coincidence though, although considering the Ozzy/Sabbath lyric matter a title like "Black Rain" is hardly surprising and it could probably just as easily be:
Blood Rain
Black Pain
etc
etc
etc

I dedicate this song to BP

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Interesting song, the music buisiness is an intersting one.Definitely a spectrum that has yet to be experienced fully. Music Is Big, and it can affect us all on a very deep level.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Well he did have a bit to do with Aleister Crowley and maybe Randy Rhodes is communicating to him from the future.A complex man who i respect.
www.songfacts.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Strangely, Ozzy has always been misrepresented by the media. He has been very political since day-one, and he's always been quite clear about it.

Snowblind - Anti-drugs
War-Pigs - Anti-war
Fairies Wear Boots - Anti-drugs
Children of the grave - Anti-establishment/government
Hand of doom - anti-complacency
Iron man - Anti-industrial war machine

and so on, and so forth...environmental concerns, mental health, social issues....

Ozzy actually has so much to say, but he's demonized by the press as the 'guy who bit the head off a bat" (it was "like a crunchy wrapped in chamois" apparently). Sure he's abused substances, but that doesn't detract from the words he's said.

Ozzy is more than just a drunk. He's always been a real political force.

Rush Limbaugh is a junkie, but people still like what he has to say, right?

For those who don't know, the "Demon" sign was all Ronnie James Dio. Ozzy always used the 'peace' sign.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Badgered1

What about sweet leaf,maybe another side coming out

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Ozzy has definitely spoken out. I respect the man.
He is riducled and seen as a burnout but I know for a fact that he is very involed in the matters of the world.

Id love to meet the guy, he knows more than I know for sure.
Plus he seems like a great guy. In The original Black Sabbath Album it was the first of its kind. Black Sabbath have indeed impacted the world greatly.
Im just waiting for the next pick-me-up. I guess you would call it that, you know, for the metal industry. Our Wold has been feelin the blues for far too long and there isnt enough soul out there for music. Too many young guys interested in women and $$. SO pointless...

Even Miley Cyrus is exposing herself as a sex symbol with her most recent album ( you can see it at KMART) Untamed is the name I believe. Which is wrong considering I think shes being spoonfed on strings. I feel so bad for the young women of today. They don
t respect themselves. Im Sure OZZY would agree.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
This is all ridicullous, the music buisiness was much easier to get into in the 60's now it's near impossible. I have the talent and the influence to change the buisiness.

I predicted the fashion change. I know the "gangster" rap is going to end it's phase in this year. I know that the "hippie" fashions are combining with the "goth" fashions and creating a new face for history. Too bad I was ahead of time. And Alone, Ah well. That doesn't keep us from preventing these fraudulent fame-ticks from gaining all the $$. They will have their karma as they can't keep sucking offf the sourc

top topics

join