It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada Earthquake Felt in Michigan, New York & Ohio

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Canada Earthquake Felt in Michigan, New York & Ohio
June 23, 2010 06:25 PM EDT A 5.0 magnitude earthquake shook Canada at about 1:41 p.m. and reverberated through parts of the eastern United States. There were reports of shaking from the earthquake in Michigan, Upstate New York (Rochester and Buffalo), Ohio (Cleveland) and Massachusetts. Buildings were evacuated and cell phone service was interrupted near the epicenter (about 33 miles north of Ottawa). Toronto, Quebec and Montreal also felt strong tremors, having to shut down passenger trains and evacuate buildings as well.

The U.S. Geological Survey says that although earthquakes can occur on the east coast, it is unusual for such strong quakes to be felt east of the Rockies. When East Coast earth quakes do occur, the effects are even more far reaching than the ones in the West. Ottawa is a part of the West Quebec Seismic Zone. The last moderate earthquake in the region took place in Quebec in 2000. One of the most severe earthquakes was a 6.1 magnitude that took place in 1935. There were no injuries or significant damage reported. The earthquake hit just days before the G20 summit which is set to convene in Toronto June 26.

moms.gather.com...

[edit on 25-6-2010 by ddarkangle2bad]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
It was felt here in Erie PA as well. And the nearby surrounding communities.

My wife reported feeling it. She said it was like a really big truck drove by our house and vibrated it a bit.

I slept through this so I can't tell you.

Why do I always have to sleep through all the natural disasters??

join