It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHRISTIANS...... It is time that we show the world the power of prayer.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Christ be with us all.

He is my brother.

We need your service.

I need to be of service and this is where I have failed in life.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Doomsday 2029]

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

I think the lack of demonstrable power in prayer is shown every day when millions of Christians clasp their hands and pray and squat happens. You'd think they'd wake up and realize "we're on our own here" when they see that the world's suffering continues unabated. Maybe if instead of praying to invisible beings in the sky we should take some initiative, some responsibility for the state of our world, and try to fix it ourselves. Perhaps that's what God, if there even is one, is waiting for, us to actually follow that Golden Rule.

For DMX and thank the magic man in the sky you didn't post Jesus Walks

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
i suppose that billions of christians praying will remove the oil from the gulf?

what if god designed this to happen. if it happened and he did not mean it to... isnt that a bit of a paradox?

just sayin

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
You are wrong.

He is not with all of us.
Satanists, the occult, freemasonry, and witchcraft, are thriving.
Nothing like a bit of human sacrifice and a bit of criminality and immorality.
It is every persons right to be immoral, murder and rob people if they so wish.

You can pray to God to save all these wretched worthless people from their own actions, I certainly will not.

There is a great judgment coming.
And at that time, each and every one of us will stand alone before God to get what we each truly deserve.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
geez, why do so many cut down God ????
or even the power of prayer. Maybe, just maybe
this is God's tribulation to us for failing to
walk in his light, I don't know if it's God's
will or not. But I do believe in God and will
trust in him and in the power of prayer.

Maybe we could get Jean Paul in here
to say a word.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

or even the power of prayer.

Because there isn't any power of prayer, it'd be just as useful to suggest we all stare into space and do absolutely nothing.

Praying wastes time we could be using to ACTUALLY ATTEMPT TO SOLVE PROBLEMS.

I say skip the prayer and solve the problems.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
You are wrong.

You can pray to God to save all these wretched worthless people from their own actions, I certainly will not.

This is where we are different.

Nobody goes to hell under my watch.... I DO NOT JUDGE.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Praying won't do anything. Why would it? Has prayer ever helped?
Mentally yes, physically - No.

I think religion is absurd. Would you pray to you neighbor if he said:

I'll help you, but only if you devote your whole life to me and believe in me. Then you may hope I'll help you.

You would say your neighbor is an *sshole and a retard.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

So you are saying, anything goes.
No right, no wrong, in the end no justice.

You must be the ultimate satanist.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I had a really good laugh at this idea, I mean sure religion gives people something to believe in but it also causes a lot more problems than good. I really don't see how anyone can expect this to help.

I've heard of Egyptians usuing mass chants to physicaly levitate large objects, now whether that is actually possible I'm not sure. But if there is a good and we all get out there and pray simotaneiously maybe, just maybe we can lift the oil out of the ocean.
Just kidding, let's try something not MAGICAL

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by boondock-saint

or even the power of prayer.

Because there isn't any power of prayer, it'd be just as useful to suggest we all stare into space and do absolutely nothing.

Praying wastes time we could be using to ACTUALLY ATTEMPT TO SOLVE PROBLEMS.

I say skip the prayer and solve the problems.

Titen, do have any proof that prayer has no power ?
It is just your personal opinion because you have never used prayer or seen it work before..
The funny part is you sure have a lot of faith that it doesn't have any power since you have no possible way to disprove it one way or the other , but only because you have never witnessed it's power..

There exist many people that HAVE witnessed this power in prayer and seen prayer answered ... but you would just say that what happened was coincidence.. and it could be that.. but to see things as some people have seen would change your mind..or at least make you know deep down that you had been lying to yourself...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
comment removed, not sure why i bother to comment on these pray circles.

[edit on 6/25/2010 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

What is the result of prayer? You ask for an answer, or a result, and you don't neccesarily get the result that you pray for. I recall my mom telling me that God answers all prayers, but you don't get the answer you were wanting sometimes. That sounds like a cop out to me. It works all the time, but it doesn't work out all the time.

Some preachers claim that if you just ask for monetary riches, you will get them. Robert Tilton, cough cough, gets his prayers answered, but I doubt many of the people who send him their meager savings actually receive the riches he promises, however, he gets his. So it works for him, but not the chumps that give him their money in hopes of having the riches returned to them because of their generosity.

How many times when I was a kid did I pray to God, believing he would answer my prayers asking for him to change my parents from evil, abusive, beating bastards, into kind and loving parents in answer to my heartfelt prayers? Oh, many, many times. And the beatings continued. Even in church, the House of God. F(&k God. You gotta do better than that,mmmmmmkay?

Jesus loves the little children......
All the children of the world.........
Red and yellow, black and white........
They are precious in His sight......
Jesus loves the little children of the worldddddddddddd.

Um, yeah. Right.

An external God isn't going to do anything. However, find the god inside yourself and you can change the world.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Prayer is just another form of meditation.

I so hope that so called "christians" would realize this and start using it more effectivly. When you pray (meditate), you need to focus on that what you want to achieve or solve, then your mind sends those signals into the greater universe where other minds will pick it up and thus more and more people will focus on those solutions or achievements.

Only by combining our minds will we be able to change the world.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I'm not a christian and i dont believe in Harold but i know someone who is and it seems to make them feel better if they pray.Isn't that what it's all about.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred

What is the result of prayer? You ask for an answer, or a result, and you don't neccesarily get the result that you pray for. I recall my mom telling me that God answers all prayers, but you don't get the answer you were wanting sometimes. That sounds like a cop out to me. It works all the time, but it doesn't work out all the time.

You are missing the understanding.

God is the perfect teacher in every way. If people pray and get answered within the snap of a finger, get everything they want with no tests, trials etc. What the heck would be the point in life or prayer?

If I prayed to God for money, if my motive for it is true and just, theres no reason why I would not get it but there is no need to pray for money at all because the motive would be money if I was praying for it in the first place, its a complete oxymoron in itself. If I prayed because I love money and want to buy useless goods, I will probably be taught a lesson, the lesson would show me why I do not need the money. To someone who does not understand that God tries the heart, knows you, teaches you, judges you fairly, the lesson God gives would feel like you are not being answered because you do not get the money and fall on a tought set of trials. People choose to ignore the answer because they simply do not like it because they fail to understand.

God knows the heart, you cant kid around or fool your own maker. If anyone prays they need to be prepared to accept the answers given and follow through in the lessons that will be given.

From some of the replies in this thread it seems some think that prayer is about kneeling down, saying a lot of words with no meaning, make sure you stick in what you feel like you want just because God owes you something and expecting something to happen. It just does not work like that at all and will never work if prayer is approached like that.

There are a tonne of false teachers out there and anyone preaching prosperity blessings or financial prayers with God is one of the very basic false teachings out there, that should be very easy for anyone to see if they open a bible for a short space of time and read it.

The rapper in the music video clearly understands what prayer is, he shows it in the lyrics. Nice to see someone who gets it.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Don't be angry, but I just see it that way. Sorry!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

I think the lack of demonstrable power in prayer is shown every day when millions of Christians clasp their hands and pray and squat happens. You'd think they'd wake up and realize "we're on our own here" when they see that the world's suffering continues unabated. Maybe if instead of praying to invisible beings in the sky we should take some initiative, some responsibility for the state of our world, and try to fix it ourselves. Perhaps that's what God, if there even is one, is waiting for, us to actually follow that Golden Rule.

For DMX and thank the magic man in the sky you didn't post Jesus Walks

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

This is another oxymoron in itself. Why the heck would a christian pray for the world!!??

Thats absurd

Praying for others is a completely different thing and many do that including myself.

Its in the heart, how can anyone pray for an oil spill to be cleaned up for example, its abstract and would also be dictating to God. Praying for someone to have food or shelter is entirely different and with the correct motives is entirely selfless but I have already tried to make this clear in my post above.

Just trying to help you see the truth because few people understand what prayer is, how to do it and how to pray from the heart.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

So you are saying, anything goes.
No right, no wrong, in the end no justice.

You must be the ultimate satanist.

He is just quoting some guy who died 2000 years ago, and 4 other guys wrote biographies of him.
He held some ridiculous speeches trying to take away your right to declare anyone "Evil" who doesnt fit into your narrow current worldview.
Fortunately, nobody listened to that guy.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I don't consider myself part of any Religion by any right.

But I think this DMX song was the bomb.

I love positive mentalities. Anyone who wants to do GOOD rather than BAD, is a COOL PERSON by me!!

All the people arguing religion are missing the entire point of life.

Get a grip.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join