It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of people throwing oil at workers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
www.tallahassee.com...

If you look into the article it states reports of people throwing oil at the workers.

But beachgoers have been harassing the workers, Sisk said. There have been incidents of people throwing oil at the workers. "All these beach cleanup crews are local county residents," he said. "People need to understand that they're out here trying to clean up their own beaches."

Seriously, why would someone in their right mind, do something like that??
The people out there working are trying to support their families and earn a living. It's not like they caused the oil leak.
I am amazed everyday at the people that are so embittered, and extremely hostile, that they take their frustrations out on someone trying to help solve the problem.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
OIL BALLOON FIGHT!!!

WHOAH-H-H-H.

Save some for the White House too.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Seraphina

Sadly, I am not surprised.

Humans are capable of brilliant ideas, capable of love and empathy.

But capable of being the lowest creatures on the planet, as well.

All I can say to the workers is this - grab the next person who throws oil at you and grind their face into the oil. I am not a usually a violent person, and I know the workers would not do that.

But it makes me so angry.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Has anybody had a "bright idea" to pick up the oil and to RE:USE IT for their OWN USE??? Think about it... BP is throwing the oil out/away and wouldn't it be a better idea to pick the stuff up and re:use it for your cars and/or other things?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Great job, these workers are cleaning the oil up, or at least trying, and these goofballs then throw more oil on the sand to clean up.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by gordonwest
Has anybody had a "bright idea" to pick up the oil and to RE:USE IT for their OWN USE??? Think about it... BP is throwing the oil out/away and wouldn't it be a better idea to pick the stuff up and re:use it for your cars and/or other things?

unless you own an oil refinery that is not going to be an option. the oil on the beaches is crued oil and cannot be used for much more than burning for heat.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I still say someone needs to collect as much crude and dead animals from the spill as they can and bring it to BP USA headquarters in texas and fill their fountain with it, that way those executives get to experience exactly what is happening here.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Rubicon1]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Misguided, but just goes to show people are nearing their breaking points? I told you guys the story about how I overheard a few kids who were angry that people were still filling up at BP and wanted to throw water balloons full of used car oil at the cars? Advised them not to do that and get arrested. Hope they didn't. And that's just up here in GA. I can't imagine the strain that close to where this is unfolding.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
These oil slingers may be the first skirmishes of a public uprising against these bastards. If somebody dumped a cooler full of crude oil, superbowl style, on Thad Allen or Tony Hayward they would be hailed as heros.
It's stupid sure, but in a sad way encouraging.
They are apparently slinging oil at the wrong people, but that's a little more than sitting on their butts watching in horror as thier lives are crumbled away and I have to respect that in a way. Honestly if I lived down there and had my life affected directly by this bumbling disaster, I think I would be right there with them slinging oil, although I think I would be a little more selective with my targets.
Just be glad it's only oil their slinging, the longer this debacle continues the more pissed off people are going to get and that has to be a concern for the creeps behind this disaster. How long are people going to watch this unfold and remain calm and peaceful about it? Can you imagine being a shrimper down there right now?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Misguided, but just goes to show people are nearing their breaking points? I told you guys the story about how I overheard a few kids who were angry that people were still filling up at BP and wanted to throw water balloons full of used car oil at the cars? Advised them not to do that and get arrested. Hope they didn't. And that's just up here in GA. I can't imagine the strain that close to where this is unfolding.

Why? It's good people are finally waking up.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
These oil slingers may be the first skirmishes of a public uprising against these bastards. If somebody dumped a cooler full of crude oil, superbowl style, on Thad Allen or Tony Hayward they would be hailed as heros.
It's stupid sure, but in a sad way encouraging.
They are apparently slinging oil at the wrong people, but that's a little more than sitting on their butts watching in horror as thier lives are crumbled away and I have to respect that in a way. Honestly if I lived down there and had my life affected directly by this bumbling disaster, I think I would be right there with them slinging oil, although I think I would be a little more selective with my targets.
Just be glad it's only oil their slinging, the longer this debacle continues the more pissed off people are going to get and that has to be a concern for the creeps behind this disaster. How long are people going to watch this unfold and remain calm and peaceful about it? Can you imagine being a shrimper down there right now?

Should get a whole ton of oil and go down to BP headquarters for a nice throwing session.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Seraphina

Just read this article and it just confirms to me that 'THE PUBLIC', the Sheeple are just plain dumb......
As opposed to educating themselves about this specific crisis, uncovering the facts and understanding the implications, they rather take 'Action' and do this.............. It's PATHETIC..

If tshtf just imagine how the public would behave, this is a quick lesson for all of us and perhaps re-inforces our need to try and educate people away from pointless CELEBRITY watching and all that crap.....

REF RUBICON1

Good idea about transporting some of the GoM 'rubble', oil, dead animals and placing it in their prety little fountain !!!

If i lived over in the USA then i would get in my car now and do that !!!!

Regards

PurpoleDog UK

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Throwing oil at individuals attempting clean-up is counterproductive.

I would hazard the oil-throwers are paid shills deployed specifically to focus the public's attention away from the real criminals, the board of directors of BP and the criminal scum infecting the political organs of America.

Leave your fellow citizens alone.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Perhaps the clean-up crew that the public was harassing was comprised of the lazy convicts that BP has been hiring to do the clean-up in some areas. I have heard and seen that these " Convict Crews" are fairly worthless and only work about 10 minutes of every hour.

Perhaps the public is upset about their lack of results!!!

This is the only thing I can think of that would cause locals to just throw oil at their neighbors.....unless the chemicals are affecting their minds.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by realmatrix

Do you think of them as a 'Convict Crew' simply because of their skin color?
If not, then what do you base your assumption of them being a 'Convict Crew' on?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Perhaps the clean-up crew that the public was harassing was comprised of the lazy convicts that BP has been hiring to do the clean-up in some areas. I have heard and seen that these " Convict Crews" are fairly worthless and only work about 10 minutes of every hour.

From the sound of it the "lazy convicts" are doing more to clean up the mess than the people throwing oil at them.

Perhaps the locals should join them and help cleanup the mess.

top topics

join