It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATED: Ritalin, the lobotomy of the 21st Century

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The Ritalin issue becomes more and more clearly a huge crisis in the making. I am not sure why parents and society at large are just watching it unfold in front of them.

This is from a very current article in the respected magazine,"New Scientist"
Mind medicine in crisis - " Doctor's Dilemma" by Alison Motluk

1) "The clinical trials that have been carried out in minors aren't always reassuring. For instance, in studies of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, or SSRIs - used to treat depression, anxiety, OCD and anorexia nervosa - few show that the drug worked better in children with depression than a placebo. A paper in the British Medical Journal this April reviewed six studies of SSRIs in children, and concluded that for depression, efficacy was "exaggerated", adverse effects "downplayed" and added benefit over placebo was "of doubtful clinical significance" (vol 328, p 879). "The evidence that they work is skimpy," agrees Normand Carrey, a child psychiatrist at Dalhousie University in Halifax, Canada.

[edit on 5-9-2004 by Mynaeris]

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Kids at my sister's school where she teaches take their ritalin, break it up into dust, and snort it to get high. And there's nothing the teachers can do about it because a kid carrying a ritalin prescription is nothing. Pathetic.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
This should move the whole process up a notch the government wants to help us raise our children as model Americans. I am pleased I am all "growed up".

"Bush plans to screen whole US population for mental illness"

bmj.bmjjournals.com...
bmj.bmjjournals.com...

The president's commission found that "despite their prevalence, mental disorders often go undiagnosed" and recommended comprehensive mental health screening for "consumers of all ages," including preschool children. According to the commission, "Each year, young children are expelled from preschools and childcare facilities for severely disruptive behaviours and emotional disorders." Schools, wrote the commission, are in a "key position" to screen the 52 million students and 6 million adults who work at the schools.

The commission also recommended "Linkage [of screening] with treatment and supports" including "state-of-the-art treatments" using "specific medications for specific conditions." The commission commended the Texas Medication Algorithm Project (TMAP) as a "model" medication treatment plan that "illustrates an evidence-based practice that results in better consumer outcomes."

Also see :www.abovetopsecret.com...

Another "save-the-women-and-children" initiative written and submitted by the legalized witch doctor (psychiatrist) and drug pusher industries to the Bush Regime and congress for implementation?

Is this a flanking maneuver by Jews to eventually get around the 1st Amendment free speech clause by controlling "hate speech," aka Hollowhoax deniers, by way of mandatory, universally applied psych evals? (Denial of the Hollowhoax would be classified as a "mental disorder" by the Jewish witch doctors)

The day is fast approaching when everyone will be required to be witch doctor certified as "having their mind's right" to gualify for schooling, apply for credit, buy a home, own and drive a car, get health insurance, own a weapon (gun), travel about freely, qualify for employment, get married and have children, etc., etc.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Here you go... A whole lotta stuff on ritalin here.

Is Ritalin more potent than Cocaine???

And neomoniker, can you please stop posting about your obession with jews???

[edit on 26-7-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

And neomoniker, can you please stop posting about your obession with jews???

[edit on 26-7-2004 by TheBandit795]

I'll try

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
You don't try. You just don't do it. We don't need any of that here.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   

You don't try. You just don't do it. We don't need any of that here.

I beg to differ, TheBandit795. Not only does the ATS forum need "that" here, but that, and so much more besides.

You see, the only quick and effective way of undoing communist mass-media/compulsory education (read indoctrination) lies, distortions, and gross exaggerations is to go directly at the sources, bare fisted, with a relentless serious of devastating hooks, jabs, and uppercuts without pulling any punches.

ATS members and guests not only need to hear of it, but, indeed, their starved, atrophied minds are in desperate need of it. I'm only attempting to shine a light of truth into the "NO-GO" areas of a brainwashed masses psychies, that were locked down and hermetically sealed off by monopoly mass media propaganda, and compulsory indoctrination via public/private schools, from the time they were wearing diapers.

There's no harmful motives behind the posts I submit, only an attempt to expose unbiased facts and information to others who've been conditioned, and made afraid of even addressing "controversial," political and socially incorrect subjects in public forums, aka "polite company".

While my delivery may not be very "polite," and a little crass at times, I do try and address a topic in a direct way, so as to get to the point with efficiency, and without confusing equivocation

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
So what do you want then? Capitalist indoctrination??

And what do jews have to do with communism? There are jews on this board too, and there are those (including myself) who have jewish ancestors. So keep your comments to yourself if they are of any discriminatory or racist nature

Discuss the topics in a civilised way, don't be racist.

Anyway, back to ritalin...

[edit on 27-7-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   

So what do you want then? Capitalist indoctrination??

And what do jews have to do with communism?

[edit on 27-7-2004 by TheBandit795]

This official postcard, widely circulated by the Communist government in Russia following the Jewish Bolshevik takeover, is entitled "Leaders of the Proletarian Revolution." The postcard reveals the Jewishness of these original leaders of the Communist Party. All six shown, including Lenin and Trotsky, are Jews!

Much more on the subject of Jews and communism at Texe Marrs' Conspiracy World website...

[edit on 27-7-2004 by neomoniker]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Ritalin has proved a point for the pharmaceutical industry. They can suggest to doctors an illness and provide so called "treatment." You do not see Japanese children taking Ritalin. You do not see it in many other countries, only in the "United States of Amnesia," as Gore Vidal puts it.

Since the gullibility of a critical mass of people in the United States is enough to probe forward with new "programs, plans, and operations research," the threshold of opportunity for more "wonder treatments," has escalated. In the first case these "wonder treatments," are probably less effective than the old wagon man and apothecary.

It is entirely obvious that your food is your medicine. At the same time an orthomolecular approach indicates complete research on the difference between say mega vitamins vs. Ritalin in taking care of so called "behavioral problems." Since this is a matter of a response to "authority," rather than increasing the statistical developmental process in juveniles measured in various actual academic tests, there are some caveats here.

We have to ask questions. What do we really want here? Do we want kids who are different from other kids in the past? We have replaced for example the idea "boys will be boys," with "zero tolerance." There are heavy limits upon what a person can do in school growing up with such structural violence as Ritalin. It is punishment for what, acting like any normal mammal in its youth? Look in nature for your clues to what is "normal," not to some overspecialized pharmaceutical "technician," marketing illness not helpful understanding. The usual "quo bono," or "who benefits," becomes abundantly clear. Large companies have proved time and time again, that they care less about people, only the next quarterly statements.

Face it; there are so many red flags around Ritalin, and for that matter other useless psychiatric "interventions," as to make the case for people absolutely clear. We have more evidence than the State uses to railroad financially disabled people, even more than a straight legal case in those terms to bring substantial litigation. The problem here is authority and power, both at the top feeder level of predatory corporations and at the school level where too many malformed characters thrive in their own miserable excuse for authority.

I suspect the "racist," overtones in comments here earlier are equivalent to an establishment feed to discredit an extremely worthy case. I don't care who those people are, white, black, or gray space aliens, just get them off all our backs!

[edit on 27-7-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I would like to request that whoever chooses to post on this thread stick to the topics of Ritalin, lobotomies, medication or directly related issues. Please stay away from racism it really diminishes the tragedy that is happening before everybodies' eyes.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkipShipman

I suspect the "racist," overtones in comments here earlier are an establishment feed to discredit an extremely worthy case. I don't care who those people are, green, gray, or space aliens, just get them off all our backs!

SkipShipman, outside of the final paragraph, that was a pretty good post
(I know, it's really hard to let go of things, when you've grown comfortably accustomed to it, and it's all you've ever known)

Establishment?
NOT ME.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by neomoniker

Originally posted by SkipShipman

I suspect the "racist," overtones in comments here earlier are an establishment feed to discredit an extremely worthy case. I don't care who those people are, green, gray, or space aliens, just get them off all our backs!

SkipShipman, outside of the final paragraph, that was a pretty good post
(I know, it's really hard to let go of things, when you've grown comfortably accustomed to it, and it's all you've ever known)

Establishment?
NOT ME.

I am talking about the functionalism of the argument itself, in general terms, not about any particular point of view from anyone here. There are enough people making these kinds of viewpoints elsewhere, there is too much at stake to get involved in the absolute hopelessness of hooking into controversy as to be non-functional, a non sequitur for the task of monitoring Ritalin as a coercive authoritarian strategy. In short I do not care who is doing what, and whether you can "prove it," I care that our institutions cease and desist structural violence on though coercive drugging of our youth and even adults.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join