It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to go about requesting ex secret files from govt?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I may be way off in my thinking here, but I seem to remember from some UFO documentaries or other government expose short films citing that one could write to some department of the government and request "X" file or paperwork, as in some formerly top secret UFO documents and reports and what have you. Freedom of information act or something to that effect...

Now, does anyone know how one would go about doing that? And on top of that, does anyone have a link to the names of files that would be good reading in that respect?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
The Freedom of Information act is a funny thing. Sure, You can request information, But believe me, Anything to do with Aliens, NWO or Obama is considered 'classified'. I had a friend that once requested info on Apollo 11 specs, He received a letter four weeks later informing him that that info was restricted and classified due to 'National security reasons'.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Please review the information on THIS website.

This will walk you through exactly how to file a FOIA request.

www.gwu.edu...

Sample letter.
www.gwu.edu...

Please let us know if you get any documents of interest! I would love to read them with you!

Keep us updated FrostForests

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost in the Machine
The Freedom of Information act is a funny thing. Sure, You can request information, But believe me, Anything to do with Aliens, NWO or Obama is considered 'classified'. I had a friend that once requested info on Apollo 11 specs, He received a letter four weeks later informing him that that info was restricted and classified due to 'National security reasons'.

Please still request classified documents.

Getting a piece of paper with 95% Blacked Out sections is extremely telling and eye opening, especially depending on the subject.

A blacked out document says a lot. It is worth the effort.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
John Greenwald's blackvault is a great center for FOIA requests. Not only does he have a wealth of documents he has requested and received over the years but he has some great tutorials.

Also, they're declassified, not ex-secret.

www.theblackvault.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
John Greenwald's blackvault is a great center for FOIA requests. Not only does he have a wealth of documents he has requested and received over the years but he has some great tutorials.

Also, they're declassified, not ex-secret.

www.theblackvault.com...

Nice thinking.

I love that place. It has been around quite awhile.

Always nice to have extensive sources to research from.

Thanks for the reminder about the vault! I really appreciate it!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
No problem man, I've been a member there for several years. I don't go to the forums as often as I used to (too much trolling and bickering) but it's still one of the biggest sources of information for this kind of stuff on the net.

new topics

top topics

join