It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think McChrystal's resignation is related to Assange

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
When was the last time you saw bureaucracy move so fast? We can't even fire abusive teachers because of tenure, yet this clown gets the shaft with 30 minutes face-time with Obama cuz he said stupid crap?

You've got to be kidding me.

Wikileaks is on the cusp of imminently disclosing some pretty damning footage of the Afghan war. They boot the guy in charge of that front in the span of half an hour? Unceremoniously dismissed???

Where's the court-martial? Where's the media circus? Where's the investigative sub-committees? Where's all the bureaucracy? Where are all the other firings due to people saying stupid crap?

Something STINKS here and it ain't my upper lip.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by guavas

I thought the same thing. Get rid of the top guy and get him out of the spotlight before the crap comes down. Then the administration can save face with ensuring the public the war is under better hands now.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Yeah, the most bothering aspect of it was how quickly it happened. If this firing was staged to save face, why wasn't it built up over weeks at a time? Did they just learn of something imminent a few days ago, and whatever it is, it will be happening very shortly?

All I know is that in various events (9/11, the oil spill, etc.), there was always some quickly made change right beforehand. Is this quick change indicative of something major to come?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Good insight...I thought the whole thing stunk. I really couldn't see why they blew the RS article up like they did. They need a patsy for what's about to come out. Now the war machine won't skip a beat because the attention will go towards McChrystal and he's already been outed. Talk about sacrificing your own for the greater goal.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
What really boils my blood is the war efforts' strategies are not being reassessed. I saw a military correspondent on CNN state the any military operation is always under reassessment.

It was:

1) boot
2) business as usual

Whether or not the CNN correspondent is legally correct, he is correct in that it makes sense. It's inexcusable that nothing can get done to slash a budget because variables are always brought into question, or, reassessment, but soldier's lives don't require the same consideration.

Maybe the political and military climate has changed enough to JUSTIFY changing the game plan laid out so long ago...?

Oh, did I say that?? Did I go there?

DAMN RIGHT I DID.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
McCrystal falls on his sword. Petraeus buries the body | AP http://(link tracking not allowed)/dCWJHT

From wikileaks twitter.

I don't think they're related, but its an interesting proposition.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I concur with Serbsta here. I fail to see any evidence, or even a reason why there would be a relationship between McChrystal and Wikileaks. Of course, it's a wet dream for the armchair conspiracist, but I've seen the Rolling Stone writer interviewed and these things happened. McChrystal's men said these things. The behavior was real and implicated a culture of ... well, whatever your political philosophy may urge you to call it.

On the other hand, I would hardly be shocked were something to come out down the road that will flow better if, for some reason, McChrystal has previously been removed from the picture. But, as inferred by Manning, there is inexhaustive evidence of things that could/would/should upset the global apple cart, I don't see how McChrystal becoming one with his sword now saves ANYbody's neck.

If he's fostered a culture of disrespect, evil shenanigans, useless death, etc., there will be consequences, but would anyone really be shocked? Don't some of us almost expect that to be revealed some day? Hasn't some it even come out (and I mean prior to apache video)?

If tshtf really, really bad, that McChrystal was forced to resign wouldn't necessarily cut it. He might be brought back on the stage for a mea culpa. But if the Wikileaks thing is isolated to McChrystal's world of influence, unfortunately, it seems it'll be relatively small potatoes.

It seems this is supposed to be bigger than that and as such, I would imagine any role McChrystal could play could be significant, but hardly pivotal.

But we won't know until we know.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hadrian
I concur with Serbsta here. I fail to see any evidence, or even a reason why there would be a relationship between McChrystal and Wikileaks.

maybe the OP got his idea
from my post here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
thanks, boondock, but the tillman thing's so established and has been around so long, even though the average person doesn't realize the full magnitude of the situation were every allegation to be true (i.e., tillman's mother's), i don't see who wins by the pre-offensive move of removing mcchrystal. if the full story of tillman somehow comes out in a big way, maybe i'm wrong, but i don't think it's going to make big news beyond a day or two, if that. it's kinda already done that, hasn't it? see no need why mcchrystal would have to go for this. (not that i disagree it's reason enough, but that's another story.)

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Whom is the replacement?

Something or another "Betrayus"?

The phonetics are very interesting...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by Hadrian
I concur with Serbsta here. I fail to see any evidence, or even a reason why there would be a relationship between McChrystal and Wikileaks.

maybe the OP got his idea
from my post here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

No, I actually got the idea earlier talking with a friend at a local coffee shop. Thanks for the heads up though.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Well, it's Petraeus. And he's widely regarded as just about the second coming. Considered victorious after his leadership in Iraq, Petraeus has, I'd say, virtually unanimous appeal amongst both Ds and Rs. Aren't thy suggesting his placement will be the fastest vote in history?

Now, if there are inklings he's being maneuvered into the spot for a surreptitious reason, bring it on! But I don't think this is an upward move for Petraeus. He's going to clean house and save Obama arse. It's a mission of doing it for your country/your president while resting on your laurels.

Unless, they're finally ready to haul out Osama and are going to let Davey get the face time.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Whom is the replacement?
Something or another "Betrayus"?

lol
i was thinkin it but u beat me to it

I hope the war don't get too
emotional, he might just pass out
again.

that incident was the biggest crock
of BS I ever saw.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

The kick is when you consider media propagation of the "phonetic" and wonder why everything became about Healthcare after the new administration...there is much to consider with the Bush's (plural) administration's...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Holy! Tillman?! That really is disturbing. On so many levels.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

The kick is when you consider media propagation of the "phonetic" and wonder why everything became about Healthcare after the new administration...there is much to consider with the Bush's (plural) administration's...

Hrm...then I wonder Madoff's story would be in this situation?

*snicker*

yeah, I did it.

top topics

join