It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Icke…..Ufology’s Worst Ambassador

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

New agers of course. But what is a new ager really? What makes a person gravitate towards so called new age beliefs? And the ideas of D.Icke?

I think these same people would be attracted to role playing games like dungeons and dragons, except for them it is not a game for them it is one giant mmorpg. By reading D.icke's books and listening to him you become "awakened" (lvl 1) and then you take the red pill (level 3) and then you go down the rabbit hole (level 4), and on and on. The object of their game is to awaken others by spewing out large ammounts of matrix and alice in wonderland refferences.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
I think these same people would be attracted to role playing games like dungeons and dragons, except for them it is not a game for them it is one giant mmorpg.

I don't see the analogy. Role playing games and beliefs such as Icke's do not fill the same psychological need. Role playing games are little different from movies, books or video games. They are escapist entertainment. Players know they are just fantasy, nothing more.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Yes, Catholics.

Very true. David does engage is various forms of bigotry, though perhaps innocently and clumsily.

I was in a hurry. What I meant to say was that I think that D.Icke might be targeting a Catholic audience. Not saying that all Catholics believe in demons, demonic possession and the supernatural but it is part of the Catholic tradition.

Cripomeister.....

Well.....

I'm glad you clarified that!

I was scratching my head just a little about that remark thinking "where the hell did that come from?"

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
ATS Team:

Here’s an interesting review of Icke’s book ”The Biggest Secret” by the late Jim Keith:

”Icke lacks the finely honed analytical skills required to discriminate between credible and delusional sources. Whilst Icke does highlight in his own way the turbulence of the multi-polar Digital Age and the exploitative excesses of laissez-faire capitalism run amok, he also prints (plagiarizes?) the most bizarre anecdotes, without any sustained critique. His books are required reading to grasp the irrationalism and virtually nonexistant research methodologies that plagues the conspiriology underground, but for all the wrong reasons: Icke may awaken the desire for conscious evolution, but then provides an error-filled map. Only psychotics and shamans create their own realities.”

Here are some interesting comments pertaining to Icke’s ”awakening”

”Icke's biographical story offers ample examples of this common mistake of 'Seekers After Truth'. Professional soccer player, sports correspondent, and later national spokesperson for Britain's Green Party, Icke underwent a highly publicized spiritual awakening after a visit to a medium and healer.

The brutal reality according to some conflicting accounts however, is that Icke got a personal assistant pregnant whilst on holiday, and split with his family. The public outcry drove Icke into the very fringes of conspiriology subcultures.”

Ummmm…..

I’ll just run that by you again…..

The brutal reality according to some conflicting accounts however, is that Icke got a personal assistant pregnant whilst on holiday, and split with his family

curezone.org...

And…..look at this Icke website garbage!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/26f63c40aa71.jpg[/atsimg]

www.davidicke.com...

Icke uses emotional imaging pertaining to paedophilia, just to keep conning gullible people & filling his pockets with his dirty money.

What a nasty piece of work he is….. :shk:

Frankly, I don’t understand why there are people in this thread who choose to willfully deny the obvious.

I ponder…..

Is there anybody out there at all who is trying to do anything about the damage being caused by the appalling Icke?

We need to dig more to see what we can find about ol’ Teflon Icke…..

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Wake up and smell the coffee. All conspiracys are bull####, none of it can be proven, that's why naive and gullible people flock to websites like ATS. Years later, they are still no closer to the truth, simply because there is no truth to be found, but enjoy the merry-go-round if you must.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by kindred]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred

Wake up and smell the coffee. All conspiracys are bull####, none of it can be proven, that's why naive and gullible people flock to websites like ATS. Years later, they are still no closer to the truth, simply because there is no truth to be found, but enjoy the merry-go-round if you must.

Kindred.....

I must apologise.....

I don't understand your comment.

If you feel inclined to clarify your comment, I will try to respond.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Still no answer MMN?

What a disgrace, an OP who refuses to answer on topic questions, because he knows his thread is based on his own opinion.

Pathetic.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return

Still no answer MMN?

What a disgrace, an OP who refuses to answer on topic questions, because he knows his thread is based on his own opinion.

Pathetic.

PONR.....

Your questions have been answered many times previously in this thread.

Your desire to keep insulting me is puzzlesome.

Regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Oh the D.icke lovers know it is all fantasy they are just in character REALLY well.

They don't know it's fantasy. Icke's supporters may have varying degrees of belief, but belief it is.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
Icke uses emotional imaging pertaining to paedophilia, just to keep conning gullible people & filling his pockets with his dirty money.

It is a scare-tactic. It is not enough that Icke's "Elite" are trying to take over the world (there we find the inconsistency inherent in all NWO conspiracies theories -- that those who control the world are conspiring to control the world...) but they must be engaged in the most heinous of activities. It is designed to provoke an emotional response in the audience.

But the charge is not just a tool for Icke to garner followers; it is a way to attack anyone they do not like and to rationalize their lack of proof.

When an accusation of paedophilia is made, to Icke and his supporters it is proof there is a wide-ranging conspiracy. However, when no evidence is found to support the charge, Icke sees that as further proof. If there was not a conspiracy to cover-up the truth, then there would be proof. Anyone who challenges their claims must be in on the conspiracy as well. Their peculiar brand of insanity demands them to be masters of circular logic.

Is there anybody out there at all who is trying to do anything about the damage being caused by the appalling Icke?

We are doing about all we can do.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return

Still no answer MMN?

Pathetic.

But are the conspiracy theories of D.icke not based on pure opinoin?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Oh the D.icke lovers know it is all fantasy they are just in character REALLY well.

Zaiger.....

Sorry mate.....I missed your post!

As per DoomsdayRex & as per my thoughts in my opening post & throughout the thread.....

I believe one of the critical areas of damage caused by Icke is the manner in which he seduces gullible & vulnerable people with his increasingly nasty fantasies, thereby establishing & subsequently maintaining beliefs.

Icke does all that simply to get attention & line his pockets with his dirty money.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I believe one of the critical areas of damage caused by Icke is the manner in which he seduces gullible & vulnerable people with his increasingly nasty fantasies, thereby establishing & subsequently maintaining beliefs.

You touched on something very important, MMN. Icke's followers are vulnerable. Something has happened in their lives that has left them feeling impotent, with no control over their own lives. This impotence is so total, so overwhelming, traditional and healthy outlets that would provide answers or peace of mind are not enough. Icke provides excuses masquerading as answers. Unlike traditional and safe outlets that help the vulnerable gain a sense of control, Icke leaves them still impotent. Though "awakened" Icke's followers are still at the mercy of the Elite. He leaves them no better than he found them. Perhaps even worse, as they are now even more impotent, confused and unable to recognize it.

Icke isn't just a threat to his followers to Ufology, but democracy itself. It is a danger inherent in all NWO conspiracies. Democracy is predicated on the idea that people are free to choose their own destiny. Icke tells people the opposite. Any person that accepts Icke's ideology is someone who is immediately disenfranchised. Every one of Icke's followers is someone who is no longer participating in our democracy. Then they have truly given up control of their lives.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Do you have any examples of these vulnerable people being damaged by Icke?

Any concrete cases? How do you know this?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

But are the conspiracy theories of D.icke not based on pure opinoin?

Jeah, so? Did I claim otherwise?

The OP claims that Icke is damaging people with his work, he is presenting this as a fact, not as opinion.

My question to him is how does he know Icke is damaging people.

Does he know people that are damaged, any examples or witness statements?

Anything that would be evidence for that theory.

He refuses to back up his own OP.

He doesn't even want to debate the premise of his thread, it is like he's telling it, and that's it, it's just a rant/bash thread.

Very lame.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

Jeah, so? Did I claim otherwise?

The OP claims that Icke is damaging people with his work, he is presenting this as a fact, not as opinion.

Okay then that settles it. Maybe's idea that D.icke is full of crap is just as valid as the idea that secret reptlians run the planet. Of course he is going to present it as fact (i happen to agree with him), does D.icke present his ideas as facts? Does he write books about his "opinion"? Yea i did not think so.

My question to him is how does he know Icke is damaging people.

His endless parade of baseless claims damages those involved with UFOlogy and conspiracy.

Anything that would be evidence for that theory

It has been answered, but you keep spamming this thread asking the same question and ranting about how MMN will not answer your questions.

He doesn't even want to debate the premise of his thread, it is like he's telling it, and that's it, it's just a rant/bash thread.

Then use the ignore button and/or leave the thread. You are in full controll, take a red pill and go down the rabbit hole which leads away from this thread you detest so much.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

Point of No Return.....

You took a disliking to me in another thread.

Subsequently you followed me into other threads including this one, with the sole intention of directing more insults, belligerence & repetitive, redundant questions at me.

Therefore, I will not engage in further dialogue with you as it will serve no purpose.

Regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Are we? How about trying to influence Amazon to pull his books? That would put a major dent in the mans wallet. Wild idea right?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Are we? How about trying to influence Amazon to pull his books? That would put a major dent in the mans wallet. Wild idea right?

Cripmeister.....

3 further thoughts.....

1. Does he have sponsors / supporters who might be able to be influenced?

2. Are there other groups who are also concerned about him that could assist any action?

3. What about the people who he's targeting who could assist any action?

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join