It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope called to front US court over abuse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Pope called to front US court over abuse

www.heraldsun.com.au

THE Vatican is asking a federal judge to reject an attempt to question Pope Benedict XVI under oath in a Kentucky sex abuse lawsuit on the grounds that there has been no evidence of a link to church officials in Rome.

The arguments filed on Thursday in US District Court also say that forcing Pope Benedict, a head of state, to give a deposition would violate international law. The US considers the Vatican to be a sovereign nation.

The lawsuit accuses the Vatican, referred to in papers as the Holy See, of orchestrating a coverup of priests sexually abusing children throughout the US.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
When I need a laugh, I can always count on either Religion, or the Justice system to provide it.

Here's an example where two of the most dangerously corrupted power systems on the planet, will need to battle it out for dominance.

The sad part is that people were abused by a bunch of pricks, posing as being some kind of chosen messengers of 'god'. Yeah, right...

Now to watch the fallout and see who manages to successfully cover their arse more than the other person.

All of the crap about 'employment relationships' in the article makes me wonder if any of them think that they have a personally signed contract with god?

www.heraldsun.com.au (visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join