It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plant/Energy/Computer Experiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I have a question, do any of you have plants who are kept near the computer?

Do you notice anything about the life of this plant?

I have roses in 3 places in my house, the ones near the computer died rapidly. The ones in other places in my house look like they were picked yesterday. Interesting observation we have made.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I'll tell you what, I own a data center so what I will do is get a plant from wally world by this weekend and reply in this thread or PM you what I will do. I will also post pics if there are any findings.
I'll most likely put it next to my POP where there is:

WIFI (802.11B/G)
14 AWG Live Power Cords
AC Adapters
1000 Base TX Ethernet Lines
1000 Base LX Fiber Lines
Magnets
Portable Hard drives
Battery Backups
Multiple 1U & 2U Servers
and Much much more

Being that there is so much junk in there I will not know exactly if any results as to what it is that has caused that result that that is what it is that is the problem. O MAN (takes a breath.)

[edit on 24-6-2010 by jonathan0220]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jonathan0220

Hey, thanks.

Try getting some roses to, if you can afford it get 2 of what you get and place them in a different but similar climat, except 1 not near a comp. See if you notice any results.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Hmmmm, I had a devil's tongue that did very well by the pc.

(It goes outside in the summer though.)

Wonder what that...means? lol

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Radiation emitted by a home computer can vary greatly.

If it is a desktop with the large tube CRT monitors, it is higher than those with the new slimmer ones like LCD which emits less.

One should not rule out possible counter effects from other parts too.

Magnets might be good from the audio speakers, help balance the overall "bad" radiation.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
very interesting thread, I'm interested in seeing the findings!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I wondered this too. I also have wondered what 'artificial' energy (electricity from tv, cpu, lights...) does to the human mind and body. Sometimes I feel hazy and drousy after spending a lengthy period of time around these things, but immediately feel much clearer and energetic as soon as I walk outside.

Another good post!

mmm...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The EM radiation emitted from electronic devices can indeed be harmful to living organisms. I noticed it personally when I came home with a new laptop and desktop in the same day. All 3 computers booted up at the same time and within an hour or so of using the 3, I developed a pretty bad headache. I would say it was probably just because of the strain on my brain to keep up with 3 computers at once but who knows.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Having plants in certain places around the office and home can change the energy of the room from negative to positive. Plants have their own energy and they can communicate a response with a polygraph test and energy testing devices. The energy of the plant can also be tested via aura technology. Certain mushrooms have the ability to absorb toxins and other pollutions from their environment more rapidly then greens to keep the eco system in balance. Certain green indoor plants can manage only so much pollution before it starts to whither(even when watered thoroughly). It is a tell tale sign that people's inhome environments are very toxic. The plant should serve as an indicator to this.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Applesandoranges]

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Applesandoranges]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Applesandoranges

Interesting....

I am gunna watch the videos when i get home from work later.

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by Applesandoranges

Interesting....

I am gunna watch the videos when i get home from work later.

Thanks!

Your welcome

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Could be the heat put out by your pc,are the roses near the vent or cooling fan?I dont think roses grow to well indoors ,they need plenty of sunlight.

top topics

join