It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire Lake in Missouri Disappears

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I find this humorous that people bought lakefront property and then it just disappears down a sinkhole. Interesting read.

disappearing lake

Lake Chesterfield went down a sinkhole this week, leaving homeowners in this affluent St. Louis suburb wondering if their property values disappeared along with their lakeside views.

MEMBERS: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events, please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.

[edit on 13-6-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
sorry banshee I'll try to do better, I'm still a little new, I'll get the hang of it eventually, thanks for moving it to a proper forum.

Still think this news article is worth the read. Kinda freaky, very interesting.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
OMG that is too funny. Probably sad for the people that live there. But to take up and think... omg wtf who stole my lake? :-)

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
yes sad for the people who invested so much money in their homes, just to have it disappear down a sinkhole. The article says it will cost approximately $1,000 per resident of the community to fix it. I think that might irritate me a little.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
SUE the developer who dredged out the lake and dambed-up the outlet!

Any swimmers missing?

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I told my nephew
DONT PULL THAT HANDLE!
.......Kids..

This may be the "Giant sucking sound"
That Ross Perot referred to, back in the Early-mid 90's .

I live next to a Part-time Lake..They actually charged homeowners more money
for the property, if they were near this lake...Which is completely dry right now..

[edit on 13-6-2004 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
OMG that is too funny. Probably sad for the people that live there. But to take up and think... omg wtf who stole my lake? :-)

...or better yet..."Dude, where's my lake!"

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I told my nephew
DONT PULL THAT HANDLE!
.......Kids..

lmao! That is exactly what I thought when I read this story. Like it was a giant toilet and the kids flushed it. HAHAH

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
So is the hole still there? I wonder if they tried to track down where it went in the ground...I'd say more like the mayor of Quahogg in Family Guy, "Somebody's stealing all the water.."

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
"They" probably took the water for some Golf course in an otherwise arid environment(Palm Desert) perhaps?!?

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
So is the hole still there? I wonder if they tried to track down where it went in the ground...I'd say more like the mayor of Quahogg in Family Guy, "Somebody's stealing all the water.."

It says that the hole is still there, something about all that is left is the rotting fish and leaves and garbage I believe. I wonder why this happened?

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I'm glad I wasn't fishing in that lake when it happened. I can just picture it now, a sunny day, cool breeze, all is peaceful. A tug on my line,"I got a big one here!"... "WHAT THE F....!!!"

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 04:16 AM
link   
in my country there is a lake that does this every year

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
What country is hat nuk? I have never heard of 23 acres of water just disappearing.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 03:09 AM
link   
3 tries to read the article and I quit...........a pop up yellow tag kinda looking add keepes jumpin up on the words and wont let me read it..
I cant MAKE it go away either...so I am getting off the article and then trying again starting to read from where I left off ...but here comes the yellow tag add AGAIN...

I GIVE UP

I am SURE this was a very interesting article.......sheesh.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   
lol

thats great. WTF my lake is gone!!!!! lololololollool

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   
you might want to try running your antivirus rivergoddess and your avatar isn't working either.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Entire Lake in Missouri Disappears

A 23-acre lake disappeared in a couple days in suburban St. Louis last week. Residents in a subdivision there were dismayed at the possible drop in land values. The culprit? You guessed it--Frank Stallone

[edit on 25-6-2004 by Eastern_Diamondback]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Maybe it's a sign that the New Madrid fault is about to cut loose?

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
LOL what if that happened to oceans?

hey,where the hell did my ocean go?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join