It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth is out there?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Hello ATS. I'm new here, found this place by accident, but I like what I see so far. I'm a civilian contractor with a Federal law enforcment agency. I'd rather not mention which one. Have to be careful. Anyway, I learned recently that physicists Roger Penrose and Edward Witten have managed to combine Twistor theory and String theory into a new hybrid that could make GUT a reality. One of the preliminary mathmatical results of this new hybrid theory is that spacetime and matter are not fixed entities, but are emergant properties of a deeper reality. Which means, in a nutshell, that none of what we call "reality" is, well, real at a fundamental level. And if it isn't real, then it is subject to manipulation at a level only dreamed about. The government knows this.
The question is, what will they do with it?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
That's very interesting. I will have to look that up. I know a little tiny bit about string theory, and quantum physics, just enough to totally confuse myself
but it's still really interesting. I have no sense of math, but I love science. Religious people get really mad when you try to tell them that the idea of God is the Unified Field Theory.
Or even the Theory of Everything.
(no offense to anyone - don't hate me
)

I also know enough about reality to know it isn't real (not solid). Which is stuff I find really cool. Like the LHC. That's a part of what they are finding out about I guess.

Anyway, Welcome aboard, You sound like you are going to have some insightful topics

[edit on 24-6-2010 by snowspirit]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Keep in mind that the truth starts and stops with you. You are the truth. Take everything else as a new perspective of yourself. Then just enjoy everything! Its all for fun anyway...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Welcome.

That is a remarkably interesting introduction. I'm relatively new myself, but I bid you greetings nonetheless. This is right up my alley. I'll keep an eye out for your forthcoming posts.

Enjoy yourself here.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

I look forward to reading some of your posts
in the future.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Unified WHAT???!!! I hate you!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Hello and welcome! I too look forward to your posts.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrispyB

Unified WHAT???!!! I hate you!

What's in a name anyways? I actually like to refer to Him as Gus, the Great Universal Soul

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Who has done this and carried it through, calling forth the generations from the beginning?-Is41.4

All the nations gather together
and the peoples assemble.
Which of them foretold this
and proclaimed to us the former things?
Let them bring in their witnesses to prove they were right,
so that others may hear and say, "It is true."-Is43.9

He told them, "This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.-Luke24.46

The LORD will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one LORD, and his name the only name.-Zech14.9

They are all defying Caesar's decrees, saying that there is another king, one called Jesus."-Acts17.7

no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.-1Cor12.3

for I am going to do something in your days that you would never believe, even if someone told you.' "
-Acts13.41

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

That's where I think a lot of people miss my point. God, or the Great Universal Soul, being the Unified Field is like saying He is everything, everywhere, at all times past, present, future.

It is kind of a panthesitic view, but I think we as mere humans, cannot comprehend the power of the universe/multiverse/God.....
The bible was deciphered/interpreted/translated by men trying their best to understand, but can anyone really understand something that is so much more than us?

I know it is mixing science in with religion, but a philosopher years ago once said you can't separate the two.
If it can be understood, it falls into science, that which cannot be understood, spirituality...I think.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by snowspirit]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I'm incredibly interested in physical theory. I mean, it's the study of the foundation of our universe. What could be more profound? And I think this recent development has the potential to change the world as we know it. And maybe not for the better. Einstein's revolution in the early 20th century laid the groundwork for the atomic bomb, among other things. What might a similar revolution bring? The quest for knoledge always has the potential for disaster, and given our track-record, I can't imagine this will pan out any different. But I'm still curious. The curse of humanity, I suppose. And yes, I can't wait for the LHC data, myself.

top topics

join