It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian aid flotilla cancelled, won't sail to Gaza

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Originally posted by harryhaller
If the isrealis cared a damn they wouldn't be such inhumane freaks.

If the people of Gaza gave a damn, they wouldn't let Hezbollah shoot rockets into Israel.

i know american geography sucks
but you do know Hezbullah are in leboenen right? so the people of gaza have no control over entities that arent in their boarders, i am sure and can assume the people who stared your post havent got a clue about it aswell?

well on topic, not supprsing, seeing as what israel would do to people which arent from a country which it is hostile with, i wouldnt want to picture how they would attack the people of a country which it has no relations with.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by illusive man]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Originally posted by harryhaller
If the isrealis cared a damn they wouldn't be such inhumane freaks.

If the people of Gaza gave a damn, they wouldn't let Hezbollah shoot rockets into Israel.

I realize the whole middle east is just a bunch of raghead terrorists who deserve killing just because they look funny, but try to at least pretend you know which one's which.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man

i know american geography sucks
but you do know Hezbullah are in leboenen right?
[edit on 25-6-2010 by illusive man]

Do they have spell checker in your part of the world?

On topic. Iran never had any intention of rendering AID it was all a publicity stunt.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Do they have spell checker in your part of the world?

On topic. Iran never had any intention of rendering AID it was all a publicity stunt.

yeah tey dp, i just prefer not to uie it

couldnt resist

on topic, the motives may be publicity, then again it shows alot about israel and how far its about to go

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I am disapointed. No war in Iran next week. I will have to focus on the oil spill.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I just wonder if part of the sanctions involve searching outbound Iranian shipping as well as inbound if the Iranians were more concerned about the US searching their ships than the Israelis?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

If this was just grandstanding by Iran in the first place, then why would they go through the logistical trouble in the first place, only to step down at the last minute? You would think that if this was political grandstand without an intent to carry through, then they wouldn't have gone through the trouble of putting the supplies, ships and crew together.

I can certainly buy that this Iranian aid flotilla was for the purposes of PR, but I do believe that they had every intent on following through with it. Maybe they were counting on the negative press that the doomed flotilla spawned. For the most part, Israel was successful at turning the negative press around to make the aid workers look bad.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
reply to post by SLAYER69

If this was just grandstanding by Iran in the first place, then why would they go through the logistical trouble in the first place, only to step down at the last minute? You would think that if this was political grandstand without an intent to carry through, then they wouldn't have gone through the trouble of putting the supplies, ships and crew together.

What proof does anyone have that they did all of that?
PressTV?

Can anybody here link to a factual article or real proof that they in fact did load supplies or are some here just falling for smoke and mirrors devouring anything Tehran says??

[edit on 25-6-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I bet they couldnt be bothered sailing around somalia and south africa after being refused permission to use the egyptian suez canal.......as if permission would be granted in the first place , dragging egypt where it would rather not be....

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gambon

Well, as Egypt are a participant in the blockade of Gaza it is no surprise they would let any shipping through the Suez Canal which has the stated intention of breaking the blockade.

Iran is miffed that Turkey took the initiative and have actually done something which may result in the situation in Gaza being lifted or resolved. Already we have seen Israel preparing to relax restrictions. Iran has traditionally just worked to stir things up, support terrorism and mischief and never worked for peace. If Turkey rises then it will be at the expense of Iran and let’s face it – Israel is more likely to deal with Turkey.

I agree it was just a publicity stunt. There is no evidence of ships sailing from Iran and, I hasten to add, no evidence of Israeli warships sailing to the Persian Gulf (apart from website citing “sources”). After all, Israel has only small warships which don’t really have the legs to operate outside their coastal waters. Oh, and the submarines which are allegedly operating £off the coast of Iran” are probably not there either – what with The Gulf over 3,000+nautical miles away and Israel not exactly having submarine tenders.

Regards

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Just like I thought... The iranian Mouth machine is all talk.. they will use this to take the "high road" but i have a feeling fear is the real motivator here.

Wonder where liebuster is with his flash words "Zionist,jew,jewish and puppet master? this is unlike him to miss a chance to spread anti-jewish jibberish!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
If the Iranians really cared about helping the people of Gaza, they would cooperate with the Israelis and get the supplies on those boats into the hands of the people of Gaza.

Well then. proves they don't really care about Gaza mmkay?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Basically-Iran is skeert. They were going to send the boats no doubt but once Israel said "u do that, its war" then Iran backed off. Nothing more than a probe by the Iranians to see how far they could get.

www.foxnews.com...

"The Zionist regime has made the blockade a political issue and we do not wish to politicize this kind of humanitarian aid because the most important thing for us is to break the blockade of Gaza," he said.

He said the voyage was canceled as Israel "had sent a letter to the United Nations saying that the presence of Iranian and Lebanese ships in the Gaza area will be considered a declaration of war on that regime and it will confront it," IRNA quoted him as saying.

"In order to deprive the Zionist regime of any excuse, the aid collected for the oppressed people of Gaza will be delivered to them by other means without mentioning the name of Iran."

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by digit78

Thank you for the additional links.
Sad that they had to cancel the convoy..
However its better to cancel for the present to avoid unnecessary loss of life. This does not mean gaza is forgotten.. Help will come but it will do so peacefully .. unlike what the u.s and isreal think the rest of the world isnt bloodthirsty and psycopathic as they are..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join