It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be Fearless, Or Be Nothing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
That is right. Be fearless in everything you do, in the face of death, be fearless. In the face of lucifer or whatever you call it, be fearless. In the face of torture, be fearless. In the face of loss, be fearless. In the face of everything, be fearless. Then you will be the change you seek in the world.

This is the way.

You will find your "self" when you can face yourself.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Is this the type of credo you are referring to?

"Cowards die many times before their deaths. The valiant never taste of death but once." from the play Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare.

I dig that

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Be fearless in the face of torture?? Not this girl!
I can find myself without being fearless in the face of torture.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Star and flag for you OP.

Yes, you are absolutely correct.

Fear can be a devastating emotion.

Once you face your fears head on you will find an inner peace that will help you in your suffering.

Fear is the worst emotion I have ever had. I wet my pants, blood pressure went out of sight and I could not hear anything but a pounding heart beat in my ears. I didn't like it.

It isn't easy to not fear events we face in our lives. But it can be done
with learning to control our expectations of pain or loss.

It helps to have a solid faith in your God. The power that is within me is greater than that which is without.

My God gives me strength to face all enemies.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Be Fearless, Or Be Nothing

It makes a nice sound-bite, perhaps an even a snazzier bumper sticker , but fear does serve a valuable function.
As our emotional capacities have been shaped by repeated exposure to certain situations, which occurred over the course of our evolution.

An experiment i just recently read about involving guppies :

In this experiment a group of guppies was dividing into three groups , based on their reaction to being confronted with a small mouth bass.

group1 Hid.
group2 swam away.
group3. eye-balled the bass.

So then each of these groups were left alone in the tank with the bass.

After 60 hours ,
40% of the timid were left alive.
15% of the ordinary guppies
but none of the bold guppies survived.

The capacities to experience anxiety panic & fear etc. have evolved to protect us from perceived threats. Of course there are maladaptive extremes of such emotions, which prove detrimental to our health and relationships etc, but for most they have normal adaptive functions.

There are plenty of things that we do not enjoy, which provide a valuable function . Ideally we wouldn`t have to deal with such aversive emotions but they often are responsible for altering our physiology ,behaviours and cognitive processes in many advantageous ways.

Perhaps courage should be the goal .

" Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear. "
Mark Twain

All the best onequestion.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

I associate fear with death. A means to an end. If the only reason to have fear is because of death, then what are you going to do after you die?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
onequestion, we are totally on the same page, and I love it.

I agree with basically all of your threads and posts, and this one is no exception.

-Sol

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
TOP mantra and life message. I see so many lives wasted due to fear (including my own at times).

LIVE FAST DIE YOUNG!

or

HE HOW DARES WINS

take your pick

If only it was so easy! It was when I was 20. but now???????

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Good post, I agree fear is a natural instinct that must be conquered, although that is a great challenge. A man who has fear is not weak, he is weak because he does not understand and learn from that fear, allowing him to conquer it. I believe even Buddha once feared. Although his fear may have been rooted in compassion for others, hence his fear of Samsara that led him to search for the path to end the cycle of suffering. I'm not sure you could say he was fearless, but rather he conquered his fear. Here are a few of my fav. quotes about fear:

“Normal fear protects us; abnormal fear paralyses us. Normal fear motivates us to improve our individual and collective welfare; abnormal fear constantly poisons and distorts our inner lives. Our problem is not to be rid of fear but, rather to harness and master it.” MLK

“FEAR is an acronym in the English language for "False Evidence Appearing Real"” N.D. Walsch

“He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learned the secret of life.” Ralph Emerson

“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.” Ambrose Redmoon

" I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear. " Nelson Mandela

"If you look into your own heart, and you find nothing wrong there, what is there to worry about? What is there to fear? " Confucius

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed." Buddha

mmm...

[edit on 24-6-2010 by LifeIsEnergy]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

It is tough to be on the same page SolarE, thank you for being able to recognize it, hidden in my post! lol.

Do you live the same happy, and love filled life i do?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

The Way of the Samurai is found in death. Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily. Every day, when one's body and mind are at peace, one should meditate upon being ripped apart by arrows, rifles, spears, and swords, being carried away by surging waves, being thrown into the midst of a great fire, being struck by lightning, being shaken to death by a great earthquake, falling from thousand-foot cliffs, dying of disease or committing seppuku at the death of one's master. And every day, without fail, one should consider himself as dead. This is the substance of the Way of the Samurai.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
An experiment i just recently read about involving guppies :
In this experiment a group of guppies was dividing into three groups , based on their reaction to being confronted with a small mouth bass.

group1 Hid.
group2 swam away.
group3. eye-balled the bass.

So then each of these groups were left alone in the tank with the bass.

After 60 hours ,
40% of the timid were left alive.
15% of the ordinary guppies
but none of the bold guppies survived.

I am sorry, but I simply can't resist:

An experiment I just recently read about involving fishermen:
In this experiment 3 groups of fishermen were placed in a lake
with a small mouth bass.

Group 1: Drank all their beer, passed out, and didn't catch the fish.

Group 2: Ran out of bait, ran out of gas and had to get towed back in, and didn't catch the fish.

Group 3: Went back to lakeside bar, bragged about hooking but not landing Basszilla, and didn't catch the fish.

But seriously, I understand the importance of "fight or flight" instinct. I suppose it is in our human DNA and protects us in order to avoid danger or secrete adrenaline to confront unavoidable danger. In short, fear can sometimes be a good thing in the concept of self preservation if I catch your drift.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

top topics

join