It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video from Pensacola Beach June 24th 2010

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

A ph reading should be able to give those with knowledge on the subject a better understanding of how "off" the water out there is. I have no clue as to the normal average reading of Gulf seawater, but maybe this will help indicate to us just how bad it is....or if we're totally overreacting. I highly doubt the latter though.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Thanks!!! Being from Pensacola I am fiending for any and all information about P-cola beach. Me and most of my friends that moved to bigger cities have always wanted to retire in P-cola (preferably the beach). I'm only 33 so there's time to clean it up, as long as they plug this damn thing NOW!!!

And please tell me that those bulldozers are removing the toxic sand and not just covering it up!? Las Vegas feels a world away right now, I wish I was there. I feel like I should be doing something to help. Like getting arrested.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Seraphina

By the way, do you know if they are going to have the fireworks on the beach this 4th of July? Or the fireworks downtown on the bay? As both are traditionaly shot off of barges on the water. Don't know if this would be a hazard.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
They will be at the beach. I believe I heard that moron, Buck Lee, announce they will be shooting them off from the pier this year.
I won't be attending.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
S&F

Thank you for doing this ,as i have said before the world needs to see the human side of this .I also am concerned about the amount of chemicals in the air ,do a bit of research and youll see the EPA is straight lieing .I wish you all the best in the Gulf I hope those responsible will somehow even in this corrupt world be held accountable ..

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

i'm sure that dispersants and oil in the water could disrupt the PH level's .. but what i mean is, why and how (scientifically) does that happen?

i mean, if you took the PH value, and it was off of the norm, in either direction, would you be able to use just that information alone to make certain conclusions? what conclusions could you make just based on the PH?

i don't know much about much, just asking questions

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I thought this might be relevant to this post.

This is a quote from DI forum.

I read this in a comment on youtube about what is coming out of the well and making the water look like its boiling at the surf line on a beach. If anyone has the exact numbers with a link please feel free to post it.

hydrogen sulfide, safe levels-5 to 10 ppb (parts per billion)

1200 ppb coming out of the well...

methionine chloride, safe levels-61 ppb - 3000 to3400 ppb coming out of the well...

benzene, safe levels-0- 3000 ppb coming from the well....

So maybe its a good idea not to stand in this stuff while filming it. don't be sad. Just find out what it is before standing in it or touching it with your skin.

www.davidicke.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by PoliceState

There's no source listed, so it is completely unverifiable.

Thanks anyways.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Here's a news report from 14th June that i found to be the one of the sources.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 25-6-2010 by PoliceState]

[edit on 25-6-2010 by PoliceState]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PoliceState

Thanks! Great Find!

For anyone that is interested I posted another video on my Youtube channel, it is a compilation from our local surf shop, it's titled, Black Wednesday. Title fits don't you think...

I have a couple of others I am going to upload to Youtube shortly.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I wonder if it's just the heat here or if the fumes could affect us
here in the city. I got a few headaches myself but did not go to
the beach or anywhere close to it. My smeller is probably not as good
as yours due to my age etc and I did not detect any foul odor.
The sky looked clear and the clouds nice and fluffy for the most part.
Somebody might check out the water that falls as rain and beach water
for chemical content but it's not me who could do it. Wonder if officials
have done this? checking the water in various forms.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by njl51

Do you live downtown or near the Bay, because that's pretty close.
That's a great idea about having some independent testing done on local rain water.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
So I just wanted to pass along a funny little thing that just happened to me. I read The Huffingtonpost and up until yesterday I had an account on the site. Ive probably made between 10-15 comments on certain articles/videos since Ive had my account for the past month. Yesterday I posted on one of the videos dealing with the oil spill. All I posted was "OilBama". Thats it. Nothing more. So I log into my email later in the day and notice that 4 people had replied to my comment. I naturally clicked on the link that takes you to your comment....but...surprise....my comment was taken off. Ok, thats kinda strange. So I try going into my account to read the replies and what do ya know, my account has been deleted!! So I write the webmaster and ask why they took my account off. No reply. So today I attempt to make two more different accounts and to no avail, they have blocked my computer/ip address. All for posting OilBama....which I thought was a nice play on words. But I guess someone didn't feel the same way.....So I tell someone else who this and they posted the same thing and later on let me know that there post was gone as well. They didn't say if their account had been deleted too.

I recommend .... if you bored to maybe go on and post this yourself.

It has a nice ring to it wouldn't ya say...OILBAMA!!!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Please also upload any more videos here on ATS. Youtube videos can easily be taken down without your approval -- the Youtube Terms and Conditions gives them that right -- or they can also be blocked for access in certain parts of the world. It would be better to have them on here as backups, even if you don't post them right away.

Thank you,

Mike

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Now ya see, that's why BP has their Gastapo patrolling the Beachs.
To stop people like you from stealing their oil.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Has anyone seen this video of Pensacola Beach where it looks like it's boiling? What is this?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Just a point to ponder:

I was on the beach at Gulfport Mississippi in 1965 and I saw tarballs washing up.

As far as I know, we weren't drilling for any oil offshore then.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Yes, but more than just tarballs have washed up in many areas.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I live in the st.pete (tampa bay) area and I haven't noticed anything amiss yet, but have been watching closely.

Thanks for the info on p-cola flagged.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
reply to post by mpriebe81

i'm sure that dispersants and oil in the water could disrupt the PH level's .. but what i mean is, why and how (scientifically) does that happen?

i mean, if you took the PH value, and it was off of the norm, in either direction, would you be able to use just that information alone to make certain conclusions? what conclusions could you make just based on the PH?

i don't know much about much, just asking questions

A PH of 7 is considered neutral. Anything lower than 7 (0-7) is considered acidic and anything above is considered base (PH refers to the quantity of hydrogen ions in water). You probably know of several acids that you don't want to drink.

High concentrations of gases such as Carbon Dioxide makes the water acidic (low PH). You mess with it too much and you can start harming life. Or even making the water unsuitable for aquatic life. Extremes in PH usually higher than 9.5 and lower than 4.5 are considered unsuitable for aquatic life. Although variations can occur in the water, during different parts of the day due to many factors.

It would be curious to see what the PH readings of the water that is polluted by the spill is. That would let us know the concentrations of acids or bases that are being spilled into the water, and it could also give a good indication of whether it is even livable anymore. I just did a quick internet search and cannot find a single source given of the PH of the water in the Gulf around the spill site, and what the normal levels are.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join