It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video from Pensacola Beach June 24th 2010

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GuiltyByDesign

Thanks for that link, this is exactly what I was afraid was happening. I think they are doing this so they can desperately hold onto 4th of July weekend. Next thing you'll know the local commissioners will be everywhere talking about how everything is back to normal and it's perfectly safe, so come on down, this makes me sick!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I agree with you, it definitely takes time to become acclimated to the heat. I'm sure some of the guys out there are out of work construction workers that are used to it, but others may not be. I'm sure as the days pass for the workers it becomes a little more bearable.
I run outside each morning in the heat and humidity and was still I was suffering in that heat at 3/4 o'clock, and I was wearing shorts and a tank top, it was unbearable.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Thank you very much for sharing these videos with us.

The thing that affected me the most was how you warned your daughter not to walk in the oil. You were absolutely right to warn her, of course. It's just devastating that things have got to the point where you (and other parents) have to warn their children to stay away from the oil.

This is just awful.

EDIT: I've posted the link to your thread in my signature. I think what you're showing us is important and we all should see it.

If you can post more video later and do it without risking yourself or your children, I'm sure we will appreciate it. But please stay safe!!

Mike

[edit on 25/6/10 by JustMike]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The clean-up workers taking extended breaks is a joke.

Before I joined the military I worked repairing metal roofs in Pensacola and lower Alabama. From sun-up to almost sun down I would be either manually repairing, hi-pressure washing, or spray painting while sitting/standing on sheets of pure heat.

I'd take 10 minutes every hour for a quick smoke break, then I'd get back to it.

Granted, I'm acclimated to the heat, but I guarantee you some of those workers are as well.

GBD

PS... and I can also guarentee you those workers are getting paid more than I used to

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The Surf On Pensacola Beach Boiling Like Acid now! This due to the toxic topkill they used or the toxic gases being released by the spill or and I dare not think it!....Volcanic gases....take a look.

Like the man says in the end of the video..."God help us all"

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

That's grim indeed. It looks even worse than the location where Seraphina shot her video.

We're clearly not getting the whole story. So whatever they tell us about the oil and the beaches and how safe it is (or isn't) -- well, you'll have to make up your own mind. They'd rather make it up for you, but while that's the "easy way out" it could also be dangerous.

Mike

[edit on 25/6/10 by JustMike]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Seraphina

S. thanks for the videos.

I would like to ecourage all that can afford one to purchase a small "flip" type camcorder and get familiar with uploading their video to youtube and then to ATS.

The impact of seeing what is unfolding in our world can influence those in power. Whether they act on it is another story. Document injustice!!!

[edit on 25-6-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by OurskiesRpoisoned

The next time I go out there, either tonight or tomorrow, I will attempt to get a sample of the water and test it with my pool ph kit, I'll be be sure to discard of it properly afterward.
Which type of gloves do you think I would need? Would the long yellow kitchen gloves be sufficient, if not I have some waterproof gardening gloves I use in my garden that are a bit stronger, but I'd hate to have to toss those.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Yes, I saw this video as well. It was taken Wednesday morning before they started bulldozing/covering up the sand.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphina

The next time I go out there, either tonight or tomorrow, I will attempt to get a sample of the water and test it with my pool ph kit, I'll be be sure to discard of it properly afterward.
Which type of gloves do you think I would need? Would the long yellow kitchen gloves be sufficient, if not I have some waterproof gardening gloves I use in my garden that are a bit stronger, but I'd hate to have to toss those.

Yes, the kitchen gloves are perfect. Cover you nose and mouth with a cotton shirt. Probably should wear sun glasses.

I don't think the levels in the water are that acidic yet, but never hurts to be careful.

When pictures of dead fish started coming out, I notice that some of the fish look like they had been hit by acid.

I was thinking that if this thing is a volcano, measuring the PH levels of the salt water may be an initial warning if the level is 2 or less. If it's close to 0, big trouble.

Might be better to get a salt water fish tank PH strip from an aquatic store, if you have the means.

Good luck!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by OurskiesRpoisoned

Originally posted by Seraphina

Yes, the kitchen gloves are perfect. Cover you nose and mouth with a cotton shirt. Probably should wear sun glasses.

I don't think the levels in the water are that acidic yet, but never hurts to be careful.

When pictures of dead fish started coming out, I notice that some of the fish look like they had been hit by acid.

I was thinking that if this thing is a volcano, measuring the PH levels of the salt water may be an initial warning if the level is 2 or less. If it's close to 0, big trouble.

Might be better to get a salt water fish tank PH strip from an aquatic store, if you have the means.

Good luck!

I had completely overlooked that possibility.

PH levels could indeed indicate 'worst-case scenario' outcomes.

Excellent catch my friend...

GBD

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Excellent post, Seraphina. S+F. You mentioned that you had a headache and your throat hurt after exposure to the oil. How does your daughter feel? Or anyone else that was with you?

I understand what it is like to be sensitive to smells and fumes. I can hardly be around anyone smoking without my throat starting to close up. A can of hairspray? Forget it.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I do miss those beaches. One of the few things about Florida I really loved and didn't want to leave behind. I hope these beaches don't turn out like the ones affected by Valdez where you can dig a little and still find a layer of oil...

I'm surprised people are swimming there even with the fumes and dead sea life washing ashore. It's like people don't really care or are just ignorant of the health cost.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by janon

I tried calling my aunt an hour ago to see if she had a sore throat also, but she wasn't answering, I'll try again later.
My daughter did not mention anything to me, but when I asked her she said her throat was a little sore, it's possible that by me asking her, I put that thought into her head. I had her gargle with salt water this morning.

As for me, I still have a sore throat, the headache is starting to fade, but when I woke up this morning I felt like I had a major hangover. Not at 100% yet, but feeling better.

Once I hear from my aunt, I'll update.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Raise your vibrational awareness to unconditional love. We all can still make it out of this mess.

Pray for peace and tranquility for the earth and send your positive vibrations to the gulf. That is literally the best thing that we can do to reverse this madness. Any acts of aggression or anger will only agitate things worse. They (TPTB) are intentionally trying to provoke a situation where the population will become aggressive, and this will feed their dark passions to further their agendas. Thing are changing on this planet which is the reason why our leaders are seeking to destroy it by poison, war, economics, negative energy and hatred.

Don't feed the machine any more of your hatred or service to self and greed, it only makes them stronger.

Namaste and love

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Here are fish remains we spotted yesterday at the beach.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The more videos I see of this mess, the more it breaks my heart.

It's going to take decades ... if not longer for the Gulf to recover from this "incident".

Who else thinks BP should be shut down?

No more making money off of EARTH's natural resources.

They should have to divvy up whatever they have left in their pockets and distribute it to CLEAN-UP first and then to all those who lost work (fishermen, etc.) due to the spill, and then to those that live on and around the coast and are directly affected. There's no telling how this is going to affect people's health.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
How clean, if at all, is the Pensacola beach now? I hear that the oil is being covered with fresh sand to hide it?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

what exactly can the PH value of the gulf water tell us?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Seraphina

Wow, that dead fish does look a bit peculiar. I'm not sure how they croak out there in the ocean, but the ones that i see washing up on the shores of lakes don't normally look like that. it's a possibility that it's just been dead and rotting for awhile and basically got baked by the sun....but who knows??

Anyways, great vid and firsthand account!! Thanks to you for giving us another little window from which to view this tragedy while it is still unfolding. Looking forward to the ph reading as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join