Video from Pensacola Beach June 24th 2010

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+38 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I bought a Flip cam Ultra HD on my way out to the beach this afternoon, so what you are witnessing is my first attempt at you-tubing videos. I will try to better tomorrow, lol. It was so hot, we only stayed a few minutes in each part we visited. However I do plan to go tomorrow and try to get some better footage. The sun was glaring on the screen so I unable to view what was being filmed.

Here is the first video. They are still processing, so I'm not sure if anyone is able to view them yet.

www.youtube.com.../a/u/2/mw1Bo_ExHwY

This is directly behind Suger Hills Suites.

In this 2nd video I was trying to capture the dead sea life that was floating near shore, because my daughter was with me we decided to leave before it washed ashore. And yes I saw children and adults in the water on this part of the beach.

www.youtube.com...

This 3rd video was taken right before we left, we were feeling kind of icky and the fumes did bother me quite a bit. Sorry for the chatter, I am not making much sense or even completing my sentences. I believe these guys are bulldozing the beaches, possibly covering up a large amount of the oil in the process.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, how badd were the fumes,

and did they make you leave because they were so badd?

S & F for posting these vids!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

In my opinion yes the fumes were that bad. I'm experiencing a headache & a sore throat at the moment. It kind of reminds me of strep throat, my tonsils feel a little swollen. However it could be coincidence, but I tend to believe otherwise.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
hey thanks for taking the time to film
the beach for us. S&F for that.

Also, what did the odor smell like??

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
man...this is only going to get worse !!! can you imagine thousands washing up on the beach everyday, thats the future

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Thank you for the update on what's going on down there in Pensacola. I hope to God for you and your family that they battle it with everything that they got!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Seraphina

Thanks for posting the vids.. I didn't see any marine life close to the shore when I was out. The dolphin story last night was sad. This hole thing is sad.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Heartbreaking, I saw a few dead fish also, a couple that were mostly bone. I'll have to go through my stills and upload them tonight or tomorrow so I can post.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Thanks for the first account story and the pictures, I am sure ATS is very grateful to have this type of stories of first hand accounts on the gulf.

I am in GA and I am trying convince my husband to take a drive to the coast but he doesn't want too, I will try again this weekend.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

It smelled similar to exhaust/gas fumes, but not quite the same.

I have a heightened sense of smell, so I'm sure it bothered me a little more than it would some.

I still have quite the headache, and I've been home for hours.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Thank you so much for sharing with us. This is just devestating. I hope to hell more people open their eyes after all of this.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I lived in Pensacola from '93-'95 and spent many days on the beaches... This is a shame. The whole deal is a shame. Our greed for more oil is (and has been) destroying our oceans.

Thanks for the videos, any more info would be great.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Thanks, Seraphina. If you could chronicle that again say next week as a comparison that would be cool. But don't get sick doing it!

Are there usually that many tire tracks on your beach?

Also, you said, "I believe these guys are bulldozing the beaches, possibly covering up a large amount of the oil in the process."

We had another video or two posted recently where a woman who was a cleanup worker (I forget where) said that they were trained to only remove the oil/tarballs from the surface. So your observation about them bulldozing it is a good one. Maybe the sand would clean it and that's a valid way to do it. I don't know. Does anyone else know?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Thank you so much for posting this for us S+F
It really helps show us, around the world, what is really happening to our oceans!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

No, It's absolutely not normal! The tire tracks are from bulldozers and other heavy machinery which are everywhere on the beach at the moment. The only other time I see these types of machinery on the actual beach is after a major hurricanes to restore the dunes. We have a very strict no vehicles of any type on the actual beach.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Thanks for posting those vids... I find these personal vids more informative and trustworthy than some of the stuff that comes out of the press... the more of these the better and thanks for describing what it's like there

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Wow, talk about taking one for the team.

Nice Job, OP.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Thanks for the first account story and the pictures, I am sure ATS is very grateful to have this type of stories of first hand accounts on the gulf.

Sure! Thanks a lot. In France, this is already an old story...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Thanks for posting the videos.. looking forward to seeing your photos.

Nice work!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Thankyou Seraphina for bringing us these videos and spending time on this extremely important topic. It is only a matter of time now until the # hits the fan and the slumbering masses start to wake up to this disaster. More and more videos will come on to the net and people from all over the world will realise just how big this is!

I am completely and utterly disgusted by this whole thing and just writing this makes me feel so emotional because the sea life is being killed and covered up by the greedy dispicable bastards that are contaminating our Earth and nobody seems to give a damn

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join