It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the best mode of transportation for when SHTF?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Whatever vehicle you choose, it should have these tires. video.google.com...#

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeedBump
reply to post by ccsct203

How would you get over trees or downed power poles with a bike that heavy?

A large bike, heavily laden, would struggle. A bit in the region of a 650cc is able traverse most obstacles. The key is training off-road.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeedBump
What is the best mode of transportation for when the SHTF?

Hands down, it's this:
The 777-200LR Worldliner

EVERETT, Washington -- Boeing has unveiled the world's longest-flying plane, the 777-200LR Worldliner, a jet that will be able to fly nonstop from London to Sydney.

The twin-engine airplane, when equipped with three optional fuel tanks, will be able to fly 9,420 nautical miles (17,446 kilometers), 1,500 nautical miles longer than existing planes.

Seating up to 301 passengers, the jets will be able to connect virtually any two cities in the world

one can at least stay in the air longer than anyone else. great place to be in case of earthquakes, polar shifts, and ideal for topography based catastrophies.

what? don't you guys have one already?

edit on 14-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because:
i changed something

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
sure. i can admit when i may have been wrong.

hey Speed Bump, these look pretty cool:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Lets face it, the best all-around is probably going to be a sailboat. Of course, different scenarios will lend themselves to different suggestions, but I'd think it'd be nice to just be out there with your own boat, a group of trusted friends, and a john boat to make some supply runs to shore.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
A bicycle seems like the best mode of transportation. Bicycles can fit through tight places, doesn't need gas and is not expensive to maintain.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Ah ha ha ha haaaaaa. Ok, how about a sail powered bicycle, ......oh hay, lets go it one better, an amphibious sail track bicycle....

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

But only if it could take someone into orbit and be sustainable for say... three years or so.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
My ideas have changed since my last post. I'd say a truck that you can power with biodiesel, and that can carry a LOT of gas, so you can stock up when you find or make some. Luckily, I have this.

Barring that, my second option is the old standby for hundreds of years...my horse.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join