It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wake up White People!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blender AceWho was it that hired a Mariachi band to play (loudly) during just such a rally? Anyway I like the idea of not showing up to protest with the addition of hiring a Mariachi band, marching band, or any loud band to simply play.

That's awesome! There should be a whole bunch of bands: Mariachis, bagpipers, Chinese and African drum crews...they could either take turns or all go at once. It'd be fun.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil
Why would ANY race want to push a superiority agenda?

That attitude is nothing but racist. It has many facets, from clicks to clubs, to societies, to races, to gender, to age, to classes, to nations, etc, etc.

It gives legitimacy to extermination - it's EVIL.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by FearNoEvil]

Exactly!

You should see it in the gaming industry. OMG it is nothing but white people. You occasionally have a token in the bunch. People who have pride in their race is just funny as hell.

Basically saying even in the professional fields racism...errr favoritism is pretty bad as well.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

reply to post by IvanObanion

I know what you're saying - but is it right?
I judge a man on his conduct - not on his color.

damn, I agree with you again. But sadly 95% of Americans judge by looks alone. I always agree with the statement don't judge a book by its cover.

I'd wish the Anunnaki never separated the human race and divided us with color and religion.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by black cat
The good news about this story is the numbers. It seems every time a march like this gets reported the numbers get smaller and smaller. I'm hoping that trend continues and we as a nation can put these racist demonstrations aside. I still have hope that one day America will ascend into adulthood and realize that skin color means absolutely nothing.

It would take an alien invasion or a huge catastrophe to get people to stop hating each other.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
reply to post by FearNoEvil

Are the Black Panthers any different?

Actually quite a lot different. White supremacist groups are based on the hate of other 'races'. The Panthers, and other groups like them, were/are based on protecting and bettering their place in society. The Panthers worked with white people for their cause, and that cause was to have equal rights, and be excepted for what they are not what whites want them to be (or as they perceive whites society wants them to be). Their perception goes back a long way, and their memories are not as short as others may be, as is usually the case with the oppressed.

What the hell is 'white pride'? What a stupid label to hide your ignorance and racism behind. People will use anything if they can make it justify their hate and anti-social interests. What have you got to be proud of exactly? How you've already oppressed almost every ethnic group on the planet? How your whole economy is based on the theft of resources from once wealthy nation that are now in utter poverty? And then you have the nerve to hate those people for trying to climb back out of the nightmare your 'race' put them into in the first place?

And don't try to tell me that whites are not solely to blame, well as a white person I agree it's not because when you come down to it it's NOT a race problem like these idiot white priders want to think, it's a CLASS problem always has been, always will be. It's the establishment that want you to believe it's a race thing to keep you from realising the true nature of the establishment and it's need to control the peasants from becoming united against their oppressors, the capitalist establishment, who own every single one of us through control of resources and the machinery required to produce needed resources.

If we could only forgot our petty differences and realise we are all the same, and those that control the machinery control us, and are the ones we should be hating, if you want to hate anyone for the shyte of a life you have that makes you want to hate and blame someone.

You see nothing changes by hating those that really have no effect on your life, you're just wasting energy pretending you don't hate those that you do hate for no reason other than you've convinced yourself, or someone else did the convincing for you.

Racism always rears it's head in the working classes when things get hard, it's just misdirected anger, confusion created by the media and authorities.

Skin colour doesn't make you the person you are, your environment does.

There's a film worth watching called 'Cass', it's about football violence, specifically a black football supporter, but it also shows an interesting perception of race in society, and how your environment makes you who you are not your colour, or colours.

[edit on 6/26/2010 by ANOK]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by Soldier of God
reply to post by FearNoEvil

There's a film worth watching called 'Cass', it's about football violence, specifically a black football supporter, but it also shows an interesting perception of race in society, and how your environment makes you who you are not your colour, or colours.

Also there is a movie about the first american football player named Charles FOllis that needs to be watched as well. It shows how pride almost got in the way of somebody's dream.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I love the racist arguements because it shows just how retarded people can be. It's ok for the black panthers to preach their black power bull# but as soon as a white man throws on a white robe and a hood he's a racist. Grow up.

When people realize that skin color means nothing and that were all apart of this same fight to live in a free world, and that we are ALL PEOPLE, there will be no more hate crimes, wars, disease, or poverty.

Wake up all people. Black, white, or brown. We are all in this together and to divide ourselves based on racial tension is an act worse than those whom divide us by design.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

because its ok to show black pride but showing white pride is racist right?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewJay
I love the racist arguements because it shows just how retarded people can be. It's ok for the black panthers to preach their black power bull# but as soon as a white man throws on a white robe and a hood he's a racist. Grow up.

It looks like to me that those hooded cowards need to show their face and stand for what they believe in.

Why the hoods? Because they're cowards and they're AFRAID.

At least the Black Panthers have the [SNIP] to show their faces!

[edit on 26-6-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

It looks like to me that those hooded cowards need to show their face and stand for what they believe in.

Why the hoods? Because they're cowards and they're AFRAID.

At least the Black Panthers have the ball$ to show their faces!

No it's just a double standard. It's ok for black people to commit hate crimes and show pride for their race, but white people are bad when they do the same.

I'm damn proud to be white and if I so choose I will show my pride in the free country that I live in. Of course Id be called a racist though. But when my college education doesnt hold up against an uneducated black person because the white man would be holding them down its called black pride.

Stop pulling the race card when # doesnt go your way and people might take you more seriously. And to white people stop being afraid to speak your damn mind you're not a racist and you didnt own slaves.

To still be talking about this so many years after slavery is pathetic. Special treatment shouldnt be given to anyone and people that call others racist for speaking their mind need to look in the #ing mirror.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

reply to post by ANOK

LOL no as I already explained, I guess it went over your head, what about hating others is it that makes you 'proud'?

You have to realise the black pride thing comes from years of being made to feel like worthless 'n-word's, by YOU proud WHITE PEOPLE. They are just saying you won't make us feel that way about ourdselves, we have pride.

HUUUUGGGGE difference that you racist types just don't understand because your racism comes from ignorance, and yes you're are racist if you believe 'white pride' is an OK excuse for hate, or you're just stupid.

Give me a break no one is oppressing you because you're white, you have no need to celebrate your pride of being white. That's what Hitler and Europe was doing with the blue eyed, blond hair thing, creating 'white pride' at the exclusion of everyone else.

When blacks say 'black pride', it's not born from hate of others or the exclusion of whites. Ever seen a black man at KKK, or NF, or 'white pride' rally?

Just like 'gay pride' doesn't exclude straights, everyone is welcome.

Not all 'pride' is expressed by hating and excluding others.

It's funny when whites selectively choose when they want all people to be treated equally...
There are no 'races' only the Human Race, and everyone should have the right to be want ever they want to be as long as it doesn't cause others to be unable to express their selves. THAT is freedom. By verbally, or physically, oppressing others you take away their freedom to be themselves.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
There will always be Nationalism in the world. There are racist Blacks and there are Whites who are proud but are not racist. Some people ignore the facts of history and believe everyone person who's proud to be White is a Klan member.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

reply to post by ANOK

LOL no as I already explained, I guess it went over your head, what about hating others is it that makes you 'proud'?

You have to realise the black pride thing comes from years of being made to feel like worthless 'n-word's, by YOU proud WHITE PEOPLE. They are just saying you won't make us feel that way about ourdselves, we have pride.

HUUUUGGGGE difference that you racist types just don't understand because your racism comes from ignorance, and yes you're are racist if you believe 'white pride' is an OK excuse for hate, or you're just stupid.

Give me a break no one is oppressing you because you're white, you have no need to celebrate your pride of being white. That's what Hitler and Europe was doing with the blue eyed, blond hair thing, creating 'white pride' at the exclusion of everyone else.

When blacks say 'black pride', it's not born from hate of others or the exclusion of whites. Ever seen a black man at KKK, or NF, or 'white pride' rally?

Just like 'gay pride' doesn't exclude straights, everyone is welcome.

Not all 'pride' is expressed by hating and excluding others.

It's pure ignorance to state that all KKK members express hatred for other races including black. Thats like saying all black panthers are the same as that professor that thought all white people should be "exterminated". What was his exact words? "we must kill all white people"? something along those lines.

Look buddy I'm not racist and I refuse to let your double standards of the word affect my judgement. I'm proud of my heritage, family, and country. None of that has anything to do with my official skin color.

If you really think the white man is still holding you down, you need to take a look at our #ing president. Infact, I'm going to put a picture of Barrack Obama in my wallet so that everytime the race card is pulled while I'm present, I can pull that picture out and say LOOK! It's kinda like my white card... INIT?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

If you really think the white man is still holding you down, you need to take a look at our #ing president.

Again you show your ignorance, I'm not black. You didn't even read the whole post because I say right in there that I'm white. No one said white people were still holding down black people, it's not a race thing as I already said, it's a class thing and the black population just happen to be at the bottom of the class structure along with a lot of whites. The blacks are more aware of this than poor whites. Blacks are 'held down' simply due to the environment they are raised in which is generally poverty with lack of hope, self esteem, feelings of alienation from society. This happens to everyone in that situation not just minorities, it's just that minorities stick together as they have a shared problem and are an easily recognized group.

The President has nothing to do with it, it's not colour it's class, and black or not Obama is not from the lower classes. Anyway it's not the president running everything, you don't know that yet? I know you Americans, with your egocentric viewpoints, think the whole world revolves around you and your president, it doesn't, you're just louder than the rest of us.

Not all KKK members are racist, there are non racist white priders?

In that case those people must be blind stupid. They need to get a clue. Regardless, having yourself recognized as a member of those groups is acceptance of their philosophy. Most racists will not out right say they're racist, that's where the term 'white pride' comes from, a way to be proud to be racist without saying you're racist.

You folks must think we're thick or something, from a white guy...Who's proud to be a human being, my skin colour is irrelevant, black or white I would still be me.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

nice rant, i just can't believe how white people are so submissive. you're white and you're actually saying white people are bad. you, if anyone, should know different.

did you kill teh indians? did you oppress nations? did you own slaves? how in the hell are you gonna come in here and flame people that are saying they're proud to be white.

it would be different if you were directing yoru rant only at the demonstrators. now you're just attacking people for having an opinion.

i suppose being proud of being white has nothing to do with the acheivments our european ancestors gave to this planet. mozart, beethoven, huygens, tesla, einstein the list goes on and on.

not to mention that champollion and young deciphered the language that many black pride groups "pride" themselves on claiming for their own. the blacks would never have been able to read about their supposed greatness of history in egypt had we not deciphered it and distrubuted the information on white invented printing presses.

but you can't be bothered with that. you just point out that whites happen to be sucessful at everythign they do. INCLUDING WORLD DOMINATION!

yes that's correct, whether or not you like it we are teh best at many things. oh and by the way you shouldn't feel so damn sorry for the indians. some of them were peaceful but lots weren't. they could be just as savage as any white ever dreamed of. seriously dig yourself out of that ditch of guilt that your'e wallowing in. grab your balls, take a deep breath and show some spine for god's sake!

[edit on 26-6-2010 by IvanObanion]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
There will always be Nationalism in the world. There are racist Blacks and there are Whites who are proud but are not racist. Some people ignore the facts of history and believe everyone person who's proud to be White is a Klan member.

But I don't see any reason a non-racist would want to use the term 'white-pride'?

Unless they're stupid...Just sayin'...The facts of history doesn't make them right in their opinion and it doesn't mean they weren't racist. It's not something most people run around admitting to, in fact as I pointed out the opposite is true and it's why the term 'white pride' was ever used in the first place. People who hate are cowards and hide behind every excuse they can to justify their hate and cowardliness, especially those in positions of power. People who believe them are either like them, or are simply too stupid to question their claims.

I just don't get it? They've got nothing else to be proud of other than their skin colour, and it's not a racist thing?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I don't know what type of weird "ulterior motive" you think I have by posting this thread.

I have always wondered whether the protests against these racist groups don't actually end up promoting them by accident.

The law of unintended consequences has a way of turning protests into free publicity for the thing being protested against.

In Arizona, a restaurant sent out an E-mail to its customers to let them know it would be serving lion meat burgers for the World Cup week. One of the Restaurant's patrons was an animal rights activist and organized a protest against the restaurant. The restaurant owner ended up having to order more lion meat to keep up with demand, thanks to the free publicity.

Who can forget the Mel Gibson movie, The Passion of the Christ? This small, low budget movie, filmed in languages that almost no one speaks anymore, became a worldwide Christian sensation thanks to the free publicity provided by the ADL.

Me, I get mad when I see Christian groups mounting protests against small theatre productions with some blasphemous depiction of Christ or Christians. They virtually ensure those small plays will become major blockbusters, making big bucks for the production of further anti-Christian productions.

Sometimes, protesters need to keep in mind that they may be unintentionally promoting the cause which they are protesting against. Far to often the group they are protesting comes out ahead because of the free publicity the protesters have provided.

Who wants to bet that those racists saw a big increase in donations after their tiny rally made the national news?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

The same could be sad for many other races of people with different skin colors. Remember the terms Black Power and Black is Beautiful. Does that seem racist to you? What about White Power or White is Beautiful. Not every White person who is proud to be White a Nazi or part of the Klan. Nor are they all racist. your one tracked mind believes they only can.
www.rense.com...

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

People who hate are cowards and hide behind every excuse they can to justify their hate and cowardliness, especially those in positions of power

what? this isn't star wars, ok yoda? hate is a real emotion and it won't make your head explode. why don't you post some kind of study that shows people that "hate" are bad people or are cowards or whatever other stigma you'd like to apply.

it's ok for things to bother you. you don't have to be so PC about everything. and quit throwing up your strawmans. this whole thread was a strawman from the start and the OP bailed long ago.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

this whole thread was a strawman from the start and the OP bailed long ago.

Look up, two posts above your last post.

[edit on 6/26/10 by FortAnthem]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join