It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wake up White People!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I always wanted to start a thread with that title, just to see how many folks come swooping in here to berate the racist A-hole who would dare to post something under that title.

Let's also consider this an ATS experiment to catch all those folks who post without reading the OP, responding only to the thread title.

Anyway, to the story at hand.

A tiny group of racists held a ralley at the Gettysburg National Park on June 19th, the anniversary of Lincoln's freeing of the slaves. The park service was forced to provide a HUGE amount of security for those A-holes and the counter-demonstrators outnumbered them enough that they drowned out their racist speeches, even though the racists had their own sound system.

Few White Supremacists March At Pa.'S Gettysburg

A demonstration by a dozen white supremacists at one of the nation's most famous Civil War battlefields ended without incident Saturday, as a heavy police presence kept them isolated from the slightly larger group of counterprotesters.

The event by the northeastern region of the Aryan Nations was held just a few hundred yards from the site where the Union Army repulsed the Confederates in Pickett's Charge during the famed 1863 battle. A nearby road was closed off and the event attracted few spectators, unlike a 2006 supremacist rally at the park that drew an audience of 200 people.

Hundreds of rented metal fence segments were set up directly behind the building that once housed the Gettysburg Cyclorama painting, an immense circular canvas depicting Pickett's Charge.

There were dozens of U.S. Park Police, and security arrangements included a rooftop observation point and a helicopter that circled repeatedly.

Read more: CBS 3

What always gets me about these events is how the protesters turn these "rallies" in to major media events with nationwide coverage. Without the protestors, the event would have been embarrasing; twelve losers preaching their hate to a handful of guys who agree with their nonsense anyway.

Pathetic

Instead, the protesters turned their pathetic gathering into a major event requiring the park service to expend mega-bucks to provide security. It's like handing these losers a HUGE megaphone to spout their nonsense to the whole nation.

Now, instead of spreading their insipid message to a handfull of drifters with nothing better to do on a Saturday afternoon, the whole nation gets to hear the nonsense they're spewing. :shk:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/41399e3185e0.png[/atsimg]
Source

Oh, yeah, I'm sure we couldn't get by without hearing what this rube had to say.

When are people going to wake up and realize that, when they protest groups like this, they end up promoting their cause and amplifying their message to be heard throughout the nation? They're also stroking their egos, giving them an inflated sense of their importance.

Wouldn't it be great if those losers held their little rally and no one showed up but their families and a few drinking buddies? Wouldn't it be hilarious to see these guys preaching their nonsense to an empty field or parking lot?

After a few events like that, they would be forced to give up their silly rallies and go back to spreading their stupidity at the corner bar, where crap like that belongs.

WAKE UP WHITE PEOPLE!

And black people, and brown people, and, heck all people, Stop protesting these morons so they can finally realize just how irrelivant they really are.

[edit on 6/24/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Who was it that hired a Mariachi band to play (loudly) during just such a rally? Anyway I like the idea of not showing up to protest with the addition of hiring a Mariachi band, marching band, or any loud band to simply play.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
so what exactly about this group bothers you? surely they're not any worse than La Raza or any other racist organization.

not sure where you're going with this thread. you don't want them advertised so you come in here and advertise with big bold letters?

i think you should spend a little longer before you blow your lid next time. besides, if it's a peaceful gathering what difference does it make if they think they're superior? i'd rather my kids learn about white supremacy than homosexuality.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

When are people going to wake up and realize that, when they protest groups like this, they end up promoting their cause and amplifying their message to be heard throughout the nation? They're also stroking their egos, giving them an inflated sense of their importance.

Sorry, don't agree with you, one bit. Both sides have a right to protest. While you would like them to go hide in a bar, and spew their stuff, I'd rather know exactly what these "supremecists," are up to.

In no way, should either side be told not to protest, because this is America.

People can make up their own minds, and no, just because they think their ego's are getting stroked, one heck of a lot of people don't agree with them, and have a right to express that, too!

You've got a lot of nerve telling ANYONE they can't hold a protest, with anti's on the other side!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

In no way, should either side be told not to protest, because this is America.

People can make up their own minds, and no, just because they think their ego's are getting stroked, one heck of a lot of people don't agree with them, and have a right to express that, too!

You've got a lot of nerve telling ANYONE they can't hold a protest, with anti's on the other side!

I'm not saying that they shouldn't protest. I'm suggesting that maybe the BEST form of protest against those guys would be to simply ignore them, let them realise that their views are irrelivent and take away the media spotlight we give them when we show up to protest them.

It's not giving up our right to protest, it's protesting in a more intelligent and effective way.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Funny title! I thought this would be a thread about Daniel Carver (some KKK retard that use to make appearances on the Howard Stern Show...that was his "catch phrase").

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I agree. Don't give them attention and they will simply fade away. You're right, that is a title that draws attention. I came to this thread expecting one thing, and after I read I had a huge smile on my face. Let's see how many people will actually read.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

there's something really wrong with you and the OP's viewpoint here. i'm smelling closet racism coming from you guys.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

It's not giving up our right to protest, it's protesting in a more intelligent and effective way.

That might be your way of handling it, but people still have a right to show up, and show their displeasure in person if they choose to do so.

Just because they don't get the media attention you don't like, doesn't mean they will go away!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

That might be your way of handling it, but people still have a right to show up, and show their displeasure in person if they choose to do so.

Just because they don't get the media attention you don't like, doesn't mean they will go away!

Maybe not, but it would be awesome to see one of their rallies get totally ignored. If they see they can't get media attention, or better yet, get ridiculed for the lack of responce to their rally, they may finally get the message that they have a message no one wants to hear.

If it doesn't work and they are encouraged by the lack of protests, we could always shift tactics and go back to protesting them.

It think ignoring them is worth a shot.

It would be hilarious to see them hold a rally to an empty field.

Edit to add: It would be hilarious if this thread got tons of flags and they had to announce it as the top flagged thread on ATS live this weekend.

It won't happen though, this thread isn't THAT good.

[edit on 6/24/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
WOW the guy in the picture looks just like me!
While I don't hold any supremacist views or beliefs the truth of the matter is that in a few generations there won't hardly be any white people left in america. Minority groups tend to have more children. Its just a fact
Before anyone goes off all crazy like, I'm not a racist, I have many friends who are latino, black, asian, native american etc. i have sisters in law who are black or mixed black/latino, I have nieces n nephews who are mixed.
But these Aryan Nation jackasses have the right to do idiotic things like this and if you wanna protest them you have that right too. Well for now anyway... We might as well exercise our rights while we have them! Before too long we might be like our northern neighbors the canadians and the mere mention of someones ethnicity will be called hate-speech and we'll be headed to jail.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I agree with you 99%. Keep 1% to keep an eye on them.

The first thing baby learns is when he cries mama will come running.
The first think papa learns is how to ignore baby.
Who's wearing the pants?

The real question is why does the media give it so much attention?
Are they reporting or promoting?

Take away the attention, the crying stops.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by mantic]

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

those A-holes
twelve losers
their nonsense
Pathetic
pathetic gathering
those losers
their insipid message
the nonsense
this rube
those losers
their nonsense
silly rallies
their stupidity

In this thread, OP insults a group of whites 13 times for "being racist" and sees no irony in this.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
These idiots picked the worst spot to do it, making it look like the confederates fought a race war. Now the government educated counter protesters probably all think the southerners fought to keep slavery.

Im a g-grandson of a confederate veteran and proud of it. I also believe they were fighting for the right reasons, states rights against a tyrannical government.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

The only people who blew it out of proportion were the ANTI PROTESTERS. Instead of letting the dozen or so idiots walk around for a few hours, they had to drag their own equally ignorant arses down to scream at them..

On the internet we call that a troll...

Thus thousands were wasted on police to protect one groups right of free speech and expression from being stamped on (literally probably) by "counter protesters"

IMO ..... everyone there was retarded.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

those A-holes
twelve losers
their nonsense
Pathetic
pathetic gathering
those losers
their insipid message
the nonsense
this rube
those losers
their nonsense
silly rallies
their stupidity

In this thread, OP insults a group of whites 13 times for "being racist" and sees no irony in this.

Hey, that's more insults than there were people at that ralley.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I like how some people are "I'm not racist!?!?!?! I hang out with lots of blacks and latinos and whites and chinese and what have you"
You're doing it wrong. (To put it simply)
Well, at least IMO.
If you truly, are not "racist" at all; you'll only see people as people. Not as "blacks" or "mexicans" or "white" or "asian". No, they are just people. So, a correct way of "going defensive over racism" would be; "Sir, I think you are sadly mistaken. I happen to befriend all kinds of people without paying attention towards their skin colour, as it's the nature of an individual that matters to me and not their colour of skin."
If you put people into boxes with labels ("groups") you're just playing into the agenda.
Racism exists because people put other people into different boxes. Let's just take away the boxes and be together in this one humongous box called Earth.

Oh and to the OP, Nice idea for a thread although for me the title was pretty much "obvious provocation, but let's still check it out"

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Too bad there are no racist blacks, latinos, middle easterners, orientals, or... oh, wait that's right, you're only a racist if you're WHITE and proud of your race.

What a joke.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join