It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists and Dawkins Believe in God

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

OMG!! Are you just a troll or something. I don't change people's personallities. It's naive to think that you fear of doing something or your willingness to stay miserable with certain areas of your life because you're afraid of something new or excuse yourself with pride, can't be changed for the better, if someone pushes you do do wan't you really want.

You know what you wan't, we give you the tools, to get what you want out of life. The only thing changed is your confidence, social network, knowledge about certain psychological traits and lack of fear for the unknown.

I've seen the theories i live by work in more than 100.000 cases, with no BS. Call me a moron if you wan't. This was precisely why i didn't wan't to debate with you again. Your ignorance about this is really severe, it really is!!

Yet again you fail to understand. So excuse me if i don't answer anymore of your posts.

Cheers my friend. I have to go get some thai food and prepare for a bootcamp. Have a nice sleep or something. Maybe we bump into each other on another thread some day, where our opinions don't contradict each other so much.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JokerzReality

I don't change people's personallities.

pushes you (to) do

The only thing changed

You do what again? Your language suggests you change people.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

As I'm sure has been pointed out to you, Dawkins doesn't need to prove the nonexistence of god. he simply notes the inability of believers to demonstrate such a being's existence.

prove god to me. Please. And I literally mean the christian god, the Father / Son / Holy ghost thing, with the angels, and while you're at it, let's see some proof of this Satan chap and his buddies.

For extra credit, if you could demonstrate the existence of Vishnu...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
These threads really all boil down to a simple couple of lines:

True Believer: Prove god doesnt exist, cant can you, eh, eh. You nasty immoral athiest you.

Athiest : sigh [rolls eyes skywards].

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Too right! I believe theism will soon become extinct, social evolution will take over. Atheism is gaining the credibility it so rightfully deserves.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JokerzReality
I find the faires and unicorns argument really stupid because how can you compare God with a unicorn.

1. The are both imaginary!
2. They have never showed themself's to me.
3. They both have Fairy tales written about themselfs, of which even children know they are not true.

And also.
Einstein NEVER said he believe in "any" form of a god.
He was not a Deist, and also not a Theist.
He did use the word "godly" as a phrase, which has been taken out of context way to much.
Here is part of a letter Einstein wrote to a college of his.
It is a reply about rumours, that a Jesuit priest had converted him.

Originally written by Einstein letter to Guy H. Raner Jr, July 2, 1945
I received your letter of June 10th. I have never talked to a Jesuit priest in my life and I am astonished by the audacity to tell such lies about me. From the viewpoint of a Jesuit priest I am, of course, and have always been an atheist.

Eistein has always been an atheist.
In some papers of his work that einstein wrote, he also refers to himself as an atheist.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SilveradoNL

That's how low they will go, they quote einstein saying the word God and just make assumptions that he believes in the illogic, please, if your going to quote mine, keep it safe and quote mine from your tyranous, ancient scriptures, THanks, bye.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SilveradoNL

Originally posted by SilveradoNL
1. The are both imaginary!
2. They have never showed themself's to me.
3. They both have Fairy tales written about themselfs, of which even children know they are not true.

1. Biased assumptions. You don't know that my friend.
2. Maybe you look the other way on purpose, i don't know.
3. More biased assumptions. We DON'T KNOW that, and when we don't, children don't. However, i don't believe in the bible. Archaeological facts, contradictions in the bible, findings of other biblical scrolls, all suggest the bible is pure fairy tales. I don't believe in God because of any scriptures or what other people claim. It's logical to assume that the bible is pure fiction, based on findings and such, but extrenly narrow minded, arogant and ignorant to claim, we KNOW it to be false and fairy tales, when one wasn't there, in that time period, to acquire such knowledge first hand themselves. It could be some kind of spiritual truth which we don't have the capabillities to fathom or something.

And also.
Einstein NEVER said he believe in "any" form of a god.
He was not a Deist, and also not a Theist.
He did use the word "godly" as a phrase, which has been taken out of context way to much.
Here is part of a letter Einstein wrote to a college of his.
It is a reply about rumours, that a Jesuit priest had converted him.

I didn't know the guy personally, so of course i don't know. I saw a BBC documentary were the nurse(Who was a atheist herself btw) who took care of Einstein on his last days, said that Einstein said something like this to her "I can not fathom the universe without some intelligent creator behind it, because of the order the universe seems to reflect. I try to find out how Gods system work, it should all make sense, and with this new quantum mechanics, it defy logical thinking".

They even mentioned (The documentary makers) the Jesuit thing and said that Einstein WAS an atheist, an atheist of God of the bible, like i am. Like christians are of roman and egyptian Gods, but he did believer in a creator, which he called God for a lack of a better word.

I do not deny, that the Documentary makers could be lying to entertain, or that the nurse(who remained an Atheist) was pulling some kind of prank. I do not know. Just wanted to let you know, where i heard the information. I DO NOT sink to some low, to prove my point. I don't really care if Einstein believed in God or not, i DON't care if the God of the bible is real or not. I do believe there is some truth in the bible, but don't want to go into a longer discussion about what.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by JokerzReality]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex

You do what again? Your language suggests you change people.

I change people. Not their personallities. If you don't know the difference i suggest you take your ignorance else where.

If you consider people's fears, insecurities, anger, hate and jealousy towards others and their depressed state of being a unique quality of their personallity, then i feel sorry for you and the people you call friends, if they ever decide to change for the better.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by JokerzReality]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

star for you, carry on opening eyes and minds.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
What evidence proof would be required in order to determine whether or not GOD exists? How do you know what evidence/criteria to look for?
Is that the evidence that our INTERPRETATION/UNDERSTANDING of 'GOD' requires in order to prove/disprove/quantify his/her/its existence?
How do you even know your formula is correct?
Sorry, back to the original question. I guess I just need to know, what evidence is required to substantiate the claim of 'GOD'?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucius Driftwood

Its an unfalsifiable hypothesis, we can't prove or disprove it. Just the same as i can't prove you have invisible friends.

Seems funny how the invisible and the non-existent look very much alike.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

Seems funny how the invisible and the non-existent look very much alike.

Now that is a good one.

I'll be borrowing that phrase from time to time.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Again? How many of these threads are there?

99.9% started by god believers - who just can not accept not everyone is like them.

Pretty much all I have to say.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

What category does dreams fall into? Has it been proven with physical evidence that we see and experience weird scenarios while we sleep yet? Or do we just have to trust each others subjective experience? What about people who never dreams? or how about people who are born blind? Do they have to trust us that can see, that colors exist?

Can we trust someone who had a NDE, when it isn't us who had one? How about someone saying he saw or experienced God? Can we trust anybody's subjective experience, when it's invisible to us?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Dreams are sometimes very hard to re-collect, besides your mind seems to be creating these scenarios/dreams from scratch immediately creating thoughts and memories, that's how intricate our brain is.

As a species, we are, for the majority very similar. There are a minority where people are born with disabilities such as blindness, deafness, MS or down syndom so we can't be sure that they're viewing reality in the same way that the majority of us are.

The reason we can relate to each other and trust each other's word is that we are, for the majority, very similar, our eyes and ears work the same, the thing that can be different however is the mindset.

For example, someone on a Ghosthunt, may fool themselves into thinking they've seen a Ghost because they were actively looking for one, and their mind shapes things or twists things that otherwise someone NOT on ghosthunt would have completely overlooked.

Other interpretations of what you have experienced could be down to a phenomenon that you are unware of, or that scientist's havn't uncovered, and cause you to think it's God or something else.

I don't know for instance that im seeing the pattern red the same as you are; maybe your red is my blue, all i know is that we're pattern seeking animals and we're very good at categorising and labelling things and our makup is very similar so we tend to find the same patterns and agree with eachother on many things.
edit on 27/11/10 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Ah, you got into contact with the huckster responsible for the atrocious assault on reason 'What the *bleep* do we know?' and decided that he's right?

For one thing, he extrapolates quantum phenomenon to macrscopic levels, a giant mistake in the case of...well...anything. Quantum mechanics function at only that level.

Another thing: Since when do I have to disprove an unmade assertion? And since when does a universe without a deity mean a universe without free will?

Logic? Anywhere? Please provide some.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Just to conclude:

This thread = false.

The title is purely to troll.

Read any arguments Atheism has to offer.

Read any of Richard Dawkins books, watch any debate of his.

Very awful thread OP, i'm outta here!
edit on 7/12/10 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join