It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Member From G-8 Summit Land

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I am a new member of this site and wanted to say hello. I have heard of Above Top Secret for some time and it was always complimentary. What with the G-8 Summit on my coast just now packed and gone, I finally kicked off the lethargy and decided to see if there were any out here in the No Man's Land who feel as I do. Machine guns atop armored vehicles, black uniformed and combat booted local and state police with automatic weapons patrolling the local malls and street corners is quite honestly a sobering experience for an American who got brief discriptions of it from Seattle and Miami. Our's was relatively peaceful, but I still cannot shake the sinister aspects of it all; particularly my two teenaged sons being stopped by roadblocks on their way home from a date and having their automobile searched even after producing valid driver's license and insurance card. Anyway, again thanks for allowing me to join. I look forward to dispelling much of my own ignorance by the contributions of you all.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Welcome, SamAdamsII!
Glad to meet you. I have vacationed in "the Golden Isles," and I must admit it was pleasant without machine guns. I am pleased to have missed the madness of the G8 Summit.

Here's some links that might help you out around the forums.

The search feature is important. It will help you avoid starting duplicate threads and aid any research you want to do. The Google-powered site search on the same page is very easy and effective; works great for single-term queries.

Check out the excellent tutorials, Frequently Asked Questions, and Website Information. That will get you off on the right foot

The latest discussions can be found at: AboveTopSecret & BelowTopSecret

Check out the latest news at ATS News Network

Finally, if you are a SETI@Home user, or are interested in searching for E.T.'s, please consider joining our team.

Enjoy the boards!

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. Check it all out. BTS, etc. If you're interested in something specific, use the search option. See ya.

join