It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Bassett arrives in Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
G'Day:

Stephen Bassett arrived in Sydney this morning to commence his Australian speaking tour.

He is currently flying from Sydney to Perth as his speaking engagements begin there.

If any of you aussies want to hear him speak, go to his webb site, paradigm research group, and there you will find email address' for contacts in the capitol cities to find out when and where he will speak.

He will complete his tour at the Nexas Conferance in Queensland on the 24th of July.

I will be fortunate to have him stay in my house for three days, what an honour.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I'll be at the nexus conference, theres a great line up like Jim Marrs, Nassim Haremein, James Maxlow and Klaus Dona... Ive never closely followed Bassetts work so it should be interesting to see his presentation, only a month to go till the conference, looking forwards to it.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by downunderET

Hi downunderET thanks for the info on Stephen Bassett. Could you post His website link please I did a search, I got pages of nothing to do with a website.

Zelong.

[edit on 24/6/10 by Zelong]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zelong

Hi downunderET thanks for the info on Stephen Bassett. Could you post His website link please I did a search, I got pages of nothing to do with a website.

Zelong.

[edit on 24/6/10 by Zelong]

Just google Stephen Bassett and the first listing will be his web site

paradigmresearchgroup.org

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
I'll be at the nexus conference, theres a great line up like Jim Marrs, Nassim Haremein, James Maxlow and Klaus Dona... Ive never closely followed Bassetts work so it should be interesting to see his presentation, only a month to go till the conference, looking forwards to it.

He is without doubt one of the best speakers on the ET/UFO issue.

You just have to realise that when he speaks, he doesn't get excited about sightings, they happen every day.

He is all about the "Cover UP", which seems to escape most people here at ATS.

See my signature below...........nuff said

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I will be fortunate to have him stay in my house for three days, what an honour.

Seriously ? , if so what an opportunity to get the inside track on whats going on with the disclosure effort .
Maybe you could ask him to pop in to ATS if he has time and answer a few questions .

[edit on 24-6-2010 by gortex]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

Seriously ? , if so what an opportunity to get the inside track on whats going on with the disclosure effort .

You bet gortex, I am looking forward to a few beers and some hearty discussion with him.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Well I will have to give you a S+F for being one lucky dude

As I edited in my above post , if you could slip our community into the conversation it would be cool to have him pop in and say HI .
I look forward to hearing from you after your meeting , when are you expecting him ?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Dear People of Australia,

We are sorry.

signed,
The People of the United States.

PS. Could you keep him, please?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by downunderET

You just have to realise that when he speaks, he doesn't get excited about sightings, they happen every day.

He is all about the "Cover UP", which seems to escape most people here at ATS.

See my signature below...........nuff said

Yeah Id have to agree, but I dont really get so excited about the disclosure either cuz its already happened in my book, I dont think confirmation for the big parent gov matters, I dont trust anything they say anyways. The fact the cover up happens is a given to me based on research but it is interesting to see the methods used. In any case Ive reached a point im more about who are they, where do they come from, what do they believe spiritually rather than dealing with their existance, but of course I eargerly look forwards to the whole public knowing so we can get past the existance issue and the ridicule to move on to the real questions at hand, and thanks to experts like Basset working away they public is on the cusp of realization of something most suspected anyway but were too afraid to open their mouths.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

Well I will have to give you a S+F for being one lucky dude

As I edited in my above post , if you could slip our community into the conversation it would be cool to have him pop in and say HI .
I look forward to hearing from you after your meeting , when are you expecting him ?

I live in Newcastle, so he's expected around 17/18/19 July, then he heads to the Nexas Conference.

I'm sure he has visited ATS on several occasions for a look-see, but I will ask him if he is willing to field some questions.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
"Credibility is not an issue in the Disclosure process. I just don’t care. It’s not my concern and I’m not in a position to sort it out. I don’t give a damn." -- Stephen Basset.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Ahh the out of context quote, never tire of that low shot.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Could you please ask him what his views are on the Reality Uncovered Source A exposé?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
While your having your little slumber party maybe you can ask that clown why he has no problems fostering an environment that makes us all look like clowns too.

I heard a few podcasts where he was a guest (the paracast and I forget the other ones)....he said things repeatedly that should turn all your stomachs. The fact that he can say and do things like that and still have people support him only points out how this subject, while fascinating, attracts many, many ignorant people.

Supporting fools like Basset, we get what we deserve.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior

Ahh the out of context quote, never tire of that low shot.

Not out of context at all, simply shortened for brevity. When asked why he associated with known credibility issues, in particular why he invited Jeff Peckman to the X-Conference, Stephen Basset said...

"The problem is not about our opinions of who is a laughingstock and who is not, of who is selling metatron and who is selling Amway, who's background is this. As soon as you realize that the problem here is the United States government, has been, still is, you're just going to continue to chase your tail. Round and round and round. Focus all of your concerns about legitimacy, focus all of your concerns about image on your own government and it's willingness to lie to you, to spend your money on false wars, turn reality on it's head, waste trillions of dollars. And not worry so much about the picadillos and individual aspects of people in the field. We'll start getting somewhere a lot faster. I don’t care about your background and I don't look into background. I'm not running an FBI agency here. You've got to prepare to defend yourself my friend, on the radio and on the air. I can take it to a point but I can spit back and I will spit back hard, in public to defend my views."

Then asked if credibility was not an issue, he continued...

"It's not an issue to the disclosure process. And your opinion of him is virtually irrelevant. Voice it all you want but don't bring it up to me. I just don't care. If there is someone so egregious, so awful, so terrible in their background, in their thinking, that their very presence is a vast detriment to the movement, if someone like that comes up, I'll probably will say 'Look, sorry partner. I can't deal with you.'"

(I think I found that person, it's Stephen Bassett! But I digress...)

The hosts then asked Bassett if he didn't think Romanek is a detriment to the UFO field if he is presenting false information, Bassett responded...

"I know. Let's think at all the contactees over the years who've had that about them by people who were absolutely certain that they knew what their contact experience was like. A contact experience is just about the most complicated thing we've had to deal with. And each individual is going through almost something unique. And everybody is acting in different ways. And maybe on occasion it's embellished. It's not my concern, and I'm in no position to sort it all out, I don't have any time to waste, trying to figure out who is really real and who is not, assigning a bunch of points and making a list. I don't give a damn. It's about the US government and their failure to tell us the truth on this matter."

Asked if thought a lack of credibility would draw unfavorable attention and damage the UFO field, he said...

"You mean they are going to seize on it when they aren't seizing on the latest picture of the vaginal area of Britney Spears or Lindsey Lohan? It's a big wide world with a lot of people out there. I don't have the means to police or the money to police it all and know everything that's right or wrong then calculate who I'm going to get in and who I'm going to get out. I'll draw the line at mass-murderers and biological warfare participants. Beyond that, the field is too muddy and complex. People come to me and say, 'Travis Walton was a liar! I know it for a fact'. I say, 'Hey great. Bye.' I hear this all the time. It doesn't matter. What matters is changing government policy..."

When presented with concerns and questions about the credibility of those he associates with, Bassett has nothing but long-winded excuses and deflection. To him it matters not if his witnesses are lying, because the government is lying.

The Horse's Mouth, 1h15m mark.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Wow thanks Dooms...if I wasn't lazy and I thought it wouldn't fall on deaf ears I would have, literally, type your exact post. You took the words right out of my mouth.

I guess the real problem here is if people that want to hear what this fool is saying, then he must be legit. Right? I sometimes think there is so much ignorance and religious desire to believe in this community that people would follow anyone as long as they tell them what they want to hear.

Bassett knows NOTHING more about this subject than the rest of us. Anyone with an internet connection and wits enough to use google could be the next Bassett.

Tell ya what, OP, since you are in his company for a few days, why not have him stop in here and chat a little? I mean, we are his target audience pretty much. Oh wait, he will probably use the excuse that fools like him always use, and that is to say coming here is a waste of time because we already have pre-judged him and made up our minds. I'm sure that is what he'd say.

I really didn't pre-judge him. In my mind I gave him the fair shake that I give everyone at first. When I see them say or do something that should not be overlooked it starts to build a mental profile for me of such a person. Bassett is the kind of guy that, if you give him enough rope, he will eventually hang himself.

I would welcome the chance to have Bassett come in here and change my mind, I really would. Not going to hold my breath though...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Eh gee wizzzzzzzzzzzz

The intention of my OP was to basically let aussies, who come here, know he was coming and wanted to hear him speak.

The negative posts were expected, but the name calling leaves me to believe that these people have nothing better to do than stay up late and throw s**t at somebody they have never even met.

So be it, it's a free world, well in OZ it is.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

The intention of my OP was to basically let aussies, who come here, know he was coming and wanted to hear him speak.

And my intention is to let them know who exactly they are dealing with.

The negative posts were expected, but the name calling

No one called him any names.

leaves me to believe that these people have nothing better to do than stay up late and throw s**t at somebody they have never even met.

Deflection; instead of a cogent defense of Bassett, you want to make the issue anyone who doesn't agree with him, trying to tell us the problem is not Bassett or his questionable attitudes about credibility but anyone who questions him.

So be it, it's a free world, well in OZ it is.

Non-sequitur.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
I would welcome the chance to have Bassett come in here and change my mind, I really would. Not going to hold my breath though...

I would welcome it as well. However, I will admit he would have a very hard road to hoe with me. I have a low tolerance for BS. And Bassett has built a career and following off BS.

top topics

join