It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disregard please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I devised an experiment using sound waves to separate the oil from the water.I am using this thread , along with my others, to show the effect of the sound wave filter.

Sound Waves

I wanted to use sound waves to separate oil and water. You see as the waves go through any medium, such as the water and the oil, they affect the medium.

Since there is a different in densities of the oil and the water then the oil and water should be fluctuating differently with the power of each sound wave. So we can use sound waves to separate them and keep the oil in a secluded place and possibly pump it back to an oil collection bay at the surface of the water. I sent it to BP and am waiting for a reply.

You can see that this creates a kind of whirlpool effect from the sound waves and the arrangements of the speakers.I would like to mention that this process does need to be continuous.

If BP decides that they are going to use the sound wave filter it would look something like this drawing I drew of what I think the filter should look like....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c83420d9c1cc.jpg[/atsimg]

So now that you guys know feel free to post any questions comments conundrums, concerns, or queries that you may have.

I am also accepting possible solutions to problems that I may have in this design plan.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
yo, goto youtube and search bass test, see what happens then.

peace

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

Very interesting. You might want to look into exacting your methods with something like audacity and propagating actual spins with combinations of specific waves.

Observe:

The right combination at the right time would cause very observable movement.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Very interesting. You might want to look into exacting your methods with something like audacity and propagating actual spins with combinations of specific waves.

Observe:

The right combination at the right time would cause very observable movement.

The only problem is in doing the tests.Well at least for me it is.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Try finding a really decent wide pan, and then fill it with some water and something a bit thinker. Then beat a speaker through it from underneath. Just as the sand seen in that video condenses, perhaps denser things will pile up in shapes under the water.

Of course water affects sound waves and I have no idea. It should not be tht hard to test out. Interesting to say the least if it works. Imagine having a suspended ring of oil within water. You could just pluck it out with a water bottle or something.

Audacity is a free 3d program to make those sound files. I see you already have great speakers.

Try with a fish thank or something too.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Try finding a really decent wide pan, and then fill it with some water and something a bit thinker. Then beat a speaker through it from underneath. Just as the sand seen in that video condenses, perhaps denser things will pile up in shapes under the water.

Audacity is a free 3d program to make those sound files. I see you already have great speakers.

Try with a fish thank or something too.

I never put it under it, but I did try with the paint and the speakers at least. I was introduced to Audacity, but couldn't get the file I wanted on a cd so we had to settle for what my sister wanted.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Please add to your existing thread on this - here.

There is no need to create multiple threads on the same topic. Just add to your existing one.

Closed.

[edit on June 24th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

top topics

join