It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

something my mom told me (when she was a homehealth nurse)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Ok so, to start out, this story will be missing some details, I will post the rest when I can find the information from my mom .
I am young, but that doesn't mean I have less knowledge than an adult, (I'm about to be 14).

So a while back, we were riding in the car and my mom decides to tell me something she learned from this one guy as a home health nurse (In the late 90's). Well the story starts out as this one older man who she would do home health for. He used to be in the Navy doing research on something (I don't remember what). He had a bomb shelter at his house and was ready for the end of times (as we know it). So he told her that the government knew about something that was going to happen around 2011-2012, starting in 2011, and getting worse in 2012. He said it would be a Solar Storm that would cause major damage, and the government would wait until the last second to tell anyone, but they would hide it in media and that it would get more and more popular the closer it gets (see movies like 2012, Knowing... etc.) He also said that it would cause major damage to things (I'm guessing he meant the effect on power grids and things like that).

That's all I can really remember, but when I learn more, I'll post.

(I originally posted this in R.A.T.S. but thought the rest of the world should see it..)

EDIT: Here are some more details
*This was 14 Years ago when she met him (Jan-Feb)
*She said that he passed the thin line of Smart and Crazy (like all of the worlds geniuses)
*He was a physicist stationed in Guam in his time in the military (NAVY)
also: Photon storms were the exact word he used... He also said there was going to be a meteorite that would hit earth and the government could do nothing to stop it.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by jdills1196]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Interesting...
Look forward to hearing more on this.
Did he tell what areas they thought would be hardest hit?

Was it a solar storm or possibly an electro magnetic storm that Earth would be passing through?

Thanks for posting! can't wait for more.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Robbi

I'll ask in a minute

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Anything you can remember is appreciated.
Could you go back and ask you mom to tell you again?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

I will ^_^. When I get something, I'll post it immediately.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Definitely interested. The more info we have, the better we can prepare.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
You'd be best sitting down with your mother and a notepad and writing it all down as she tells you it.

Then perhaps post it all!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jdills1196

I'd like to know what your Mom's opinion was about this, when the guy told her the story.

Did she shrug it off, because he wasn't quite there, or did she find a grain of salt in any of it?

I guess in other words, if she believed him, what has she been doing about preparing for this solar storm?

Also, what prompted her to tell you about this, now?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Solar storm. Very interesting.

Bunch of other stuff about solar storms here.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Found this Article a few mins ago.....

Excerpt from it first with link to it in it's entirety following:

Huge Solar Storms to Impact Earth: NASA Warns
.......Senior space agency scientists believe the Earth will be hit with unprecedented levels of magnetic energy from solar flares after the Sun wakes “from a deep slumber” sometime around 2013, Britain's The Daily Telegraph reported.
In a new warning, Nasa said the super storm would hit like “a bolt of lightning” and could cause catastrophic consequences for the world’s health, emergency services and national security unless precautions are taken.....

www.dailygalaxy.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 24-6-2010 by SubPop79]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Have to head out to work but look forward to any updates late tonight when I get home...

Again... thank you jdills for taking the time to post.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I wonder what would happen if the grid is down for months/years. People's jobs, banks and the money either in them, or that we owe. It's one thing to prepare, wood stove, gardens, cold weather clothing, but the economic stuff. Would they hit the reset button on debts, bank accounts? Is any of that stuff even on paper anymore?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Just imagine Billions of people wandering around looking for food, shelter and money.
I don`t have enough guns or ammo for that, or least here in the US millions of people wandering around.
You would almost have to have an underground bunker stocked to the hilt for something like that and it would have to be disguised really well.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Photon storms were the exact word he used... He also said there was going to be a meteorite that would hit earth and the government could do nothing to stop it. That's all I got out of her, I forgot to ask what he did in the NAVY

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I know with all these articles it looks like I just made it up, but she told me these stories when I was 10 or 11... Which was way before these news articles.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

1st question, nah she didn't... He did some science research for the navy... she didn't shrug it off...

2nd... You can't really do much for an impact of a solar storm and a meteorite. I guess shes going by the thought that if the rest of the world goes, we'll go with it.

3rd, She told me a while back, but I signed up for ATS now and have been debating to post this, and saw an article in R.A.T.S. That inspired me to do so.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Ok just got a few More details...
*This was 14 Years ago when she met him (Jan-Feb)
*She said that he passed the thin line of Smart and Crazy (like all of the worlds geniuses)
*He was a physicist stationed in Guam in his time in the military (NAVY)
I guess he was stationed here: www.cnic.navy.mil...

I'll add this to the main post.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdills1196
I know with all these articles it looks like I just made it up, but she told me these stories when I was 10 or 11... Which was way before these news articles.

I just had to comment on this. If you're 13 now, when you were 10 or 11 was only 2 years ago. Thats not way before these news articles.

I don't put much faith in these I heard from someone who heard from someone stories...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

I posted all the details. I'm 14 (well I will be in two days). If you don't believe it, fine. This was 14 years ago when she treated him, you can read all the details I know of as of now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join