It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuela seizes oil rigs owned by US company

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte

Originally posted by HeavenlyDivine
None of you Capitalists take note of the good he's done for Venezuela and its people, you only care that your country can no longer financially rape them.

Nice non sequitur argument.

Care to explain how he only cares about financially raping them? I wonder if he would disagree with you.

Of course he would disagree. He's pro-Capitalism. Capitalists live in a bubble that blinds them from acknowleding their failures to humanity.

Maybe he can join me in on my next trip to Africa and I'll show him the harm Capitalism does.

Capitalists like meat eaters don't want to look at the cow being slaughtered. Their only care is the burger.

Capitalism is selfishness and greed defined.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Don't you get it? In this case the Bank is the owner of the Rig. They weren't getting paid for the use of their equipment so they didn't let Venezuela use it. Chavez said to bad for you.... we will take your rigs without paying.

Chavez is like a thief who leases a car but decided to stop paying the lease, but he decides that the car is really useful so he keep the car anyway. No?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
dearest HeavenlyDivine ,

funny how 3 out of 4 of your links are american sources.

would you like me to post some interesting articles about the USA from sources around the world?

Time to move on to the next thread i think.

Peace to you all

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I make $500 + a day on auto-pilot.

I'm 21 and have enough money to retire and live well for the rest of my life in most countries in the world.

You sound like the type to clean tables at Burger King half your life and take pride in working hard for a life of debt and green paper

Hahahahaha... yeah ok. I make $60,000+ a day on "auto-pilot" too.

You really have no idea how ridiculous you sound in this thread at all, do you? Go on, keep defending Chavez... it's actually funny.

You make 1.8 million a month? I doubt it.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

reply to post by HeavenlyDivine

Blackouts Plague Energy-Rich Venezuela
www.nytimes.com...

Widespread power outages in Venezuela
www.cnn.com...

Outages dim Chavez's popularity
articles.latimes.com...

Power blackout in Venezuelan capital, oil province
www.reuters.com...

Shall I continue? How are those food prices and shortages working out for the poor people?

What does a few hours blackout have to do with whether he's a good leader? You act as if nation wide blackouts are a regular occurence.

And the food prices in Venezuela are working out great for the poor people. Travel down there and ask them yourself. You have enough money with your 10 + million a year, surely?

The poor people love Chavez. I know that hurts you but it's the absolute proof.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conal
dearest HeavenlyDivine ,

funny how 3 out of 4 of your links are american sources.

would you like me to post some interesting articles about the USA from sources around the world?

Time to move on to the next thread i think.

Peace to you all

I'd like you to reread what I've said and edit your post. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
dearest heavenly ,
apologies to you
I have no excuse for my failed post apart from the feckin distractions here.

do forgive me

promise not to post so hastily in the future

peace

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conal
dearest heavenly ,
apologies to you
I have no excuse for my failed post apart from the feckin distractions here.

do forgive me

promise not to post so hastily in the future

peace

LOL its cool. Had to go back a few pages and read my posts, you confused me at first lol

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
cheers mate, appreciate that..the good lady is laughing at me now!!

by the way I have read back through your posts and enjoyed them. respect.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I make $500 + a day on auto-pilot.

Are you sure you're not a capitalist?

Because with your smug arrogance you'd fit right in.

It's my opinion that if something is to be done about this, it needs to be the banks or the corporations (that failed) ... not the U.S. or any other country.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

From my NY Times link:

"power failures that, after six nationwide blackouts in the last two years, are cutting electricity for hours each day in rural areas and in industrial cities like Valencia and Ciudad Guayana. Now, water rationing has been introduced here in the capital."

Have fun building your autopilot business (whatever that is) in Venezuela, hahaha.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

From my NY Times link:

"power failures that, after six nationwide blackouts in the last two years, are cutting electricity for hours each day in rural areas and in industrial cities like Valencia and Ciudad Guayana. Now, water rationing has been introduced here in the capital."

Have fun building your autopilot business (whatever that is) in Venezuela, hahaha.

6 blackouts in 2 years? Oh noes.

And water rationing? Whos fault is that? Is Chavez to blame for the El Nino drying up now too?

Maybe we should start blaming Africans for their lack of water?

Or maybe we should look at the real culprit, giant water corporations that sell water for extortionate prices that only nations who submit to Western Capitalism can even entertain.

I think you should watch Blue Gold - World Water Wars. Good documentary that will educate you a little.

BTW, a water shortage for 2 months of every half a decade and a few hours power cut per year isn't major.

The people of Venezuela will happily endure said issues, as they're happy with what Chavez has given them and continues to do for them.

Maybe in your nice suburban house you couldn't cope with a power shortage once a year, most reasonable people can.

[edit on 25/6/10 by HeavenlyDivine]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by LieBuster
reply to post by Blaine91555

Last i checked we too are living under a dictator because our govermernt does not do or ask the people what they want and we get to vote for dog $hit or cammel $hit once in a while.

No argument about our government illegally acting like a Dictator. None at all.

There is hope. The courts finally told Obama no twice. I think people are waking up. Some of them.

Some people are waking up - apparently not you. I think you still think Chavez is some kind of bad guy - the enemy - perhaps you should research it a bit more.

You also think its wrong for him to seize the rigs - while I am making some assumptions - that is, the US oil companies are causing unnecessary delays - charging unwarranted fees - generally messing with the back bone of Venezuela's economy - I have a strong feeling my assumptions would be pretty close to the mark.

Lets just say, they have every MOTIVATION to act like that - it would weaken Chavez and his country, and that is precisely what the controllers of the US want - who also happen to be big on oil .. coincidence? Laughable.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by LieBuster
reply to post by Blaine91555

Last i checked we too are living under a dictator because our govermernt does not do or ask the people what they want and we get to vote for dog $hit or cammel $hit once in a while.

No argument about our government illegally acting like a Dictator. None at all.

There is hope. The courts finally told Obama no twice. I think people are waking up. Some of them.

Some people are waking up - apparently not you. I think you still think Chavez is some kind of bad guy - the enemy - perhaps you should research it a bit more.

You also think its wrong for him to seize the rigs - while I am making some assumptions - that is, the US oil companies are causing unnecessary delays - charging unwarranted fees - generally messing with the back bone of Venezuela's economy - I have a strong feeling my assumptions would be pretty close to the mark.

Lets just say, they have every MOTIVATION to act like that - it would weaken Chavez and his country, and that is precisely what the controllers of the US want - who also happen to be big on oil .. coincidence? Laughable.

They tried it a few years ago too. 03 i believe? And Chavez did the same thing.

Nobody looks at the effect these American companies have on Venezuela when they do these things. Nor does anybody even consider their motive for doing it may be sinister.And most people in this thread probably don't even know what they did to get their rigs seized

This was as an attack on Venezuela and was dealt with as such.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by palg1
reply to post by tyranny22

Don't you get it? In this case the Bank is the owner of the Rig. They weren't getting paid for the use of their equipment so they didn't let Venezuela use it. Chavez said to bad for you.... we will take your rigs without paying.

Chavez is like a thief who leases a car but decided to stop paying the lease, but he decides that the car is really useful so he keep the car anyway. No?

I advise everyone to stop paying the banks - they are the source of the world enslavement plan - if you don't understand that modern banking is purely theft and fraud, then you should check it out.

You can't steal something you own - the bank gives nothing, the money is counterfeit - they are using a scam. Reject the banks - destroy them - don't pay them, don't loan from them - and if you have pyromania tendencies, then don't burn a forest - burn a bank.

When every poor nation in the world wakes up - and just says "No! We are not paying back your fraudulent loans!" the world will start becoming a better place. Every nation should simply default - seize all bank assets and distribute them to the people.

Greenland did it (defaulted), Chavez is doing it - if only Greece and the rest of the struggling nations did it - it would crush the power of the controllers. Default - and give them nothing in return - all they ever supplied was enslavement.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Amagnon]

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Amagnon]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeavenlyDivineWhat does a few hours blackout have to do with whether he's a good leader? You act as if nation wide blackouts are a regular occurence.

Why the "nationwide"? Electricity and water rationing are otherwise normal for you?

Originally posted by HeavenlyDivineAnd the food prices in Venezuela are working out great for the poor people. Travel down there and ask them yourself.

The price controls, together with the money inflation, ruin the farmers and sabotage food production. Production is declining continuously. Don't expect to reliably get even basic food like rice, sugar or milk in a government shop nowadays. They are black market goods.

Originally posted by HeavenlyDivineThe poor people love Chavez. I know that hurts you but it's the absolute proof.

They fear the man. Everyone knows the voting machines are rigged. Google Tascon's list. If you don't vote for Chavez, you never get a job or a contract from a government owned corporation anymore and you get discriminated by every government institution.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by chase the sun

Originally posted by HeavenlyDivineWhat does a few hours blackout have to do with whether he's a good leader? You act as if nation wide blackouts are a regular occurence.

Why the "nationwide"? Electricity and water rationing are otherwise normal for you?

Originally posted by HeavenlyDivineAnd the food prices in Venezuela are working out great for the poor people. Travel down there and ask them yourself.

The price controls, together with the money inflation, ruin the farmers and sabotage food production. Production is declining continuously. Don't expect to reliably get even basic food like rice, sugar or milk in a government shop nowadays. They are black market goods.

Originally posted by HeavenlyDivineThe poor people love Chavez. I know that hurts you but it's the absolute proof.

They fear the man. Everyone knows the voting machines are rigged. Google Tascon's list. If you don't vote for Chavez, you never get a job or a contract from a government owned corporation anymore and you get discriminated by every government institution.

We get electricity cuts all the time where i live(England). And outdoor water rationing is in place as there's a drougt in the North West this summer.

Production isn't declining continuously. It's been declining since the Economic Crisis hit the world.

Everyone knows the voting machines are rigged huh? Care to provide proof for such a bold claim. Why would you need to rig voting machines when the majority of the population supports you?

And never getting a job in a government owned corporation if you oppose him? Another absolute lie. You're mixing in lies with truths, it won't wash.

I suggest you read more about Tascons list yourself as you seem to have confused yourself.

And no farmers are 'ruined'. Infact the farmers and workers couldn't be happier. The capitalists within the food sector are ruined though, and they are at fault, this much is evidently clear when you look at the facts. The American companies swindling and robbing the Venezuelan people, again. And they were dealt with accordingly.

There's plenty of farmers who smuggle food into Colombia too, to turn over larger profits. But hey, if they don't like Venezuela why not smuggle themselfs to Colombia? Their life can't be that hard

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
When i say all the time I mean a couple of times a year. And they're usually not very widespread. That's why i stress 'nationwide'.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Gotta love the timing though. Problems in the Gulf. Problems with Iran. Not to mention the WoT. The US is spread pretty thin these days.

Knowing this keeps a lot of people on edge. It's sad to see how much each disaster makes things seem so much more bleak.

Hope is a commodity, real security, not so much. At least that's how it seems sometimes.

When Mexico did this, it caused ill-feelings that have had long-term consequences as far as U.S.-Mexico business dealings. American companies did all the work and development of the oil infrastructure, and then Mexico nationalized the businesses that had been built.

James Michener wrote about it in his excellent book, "Mexico."

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Hey HeavenlyDivine, cool, i see you live here in Venezuela and know very well what happens here, maybe we can take some beers some day, we can see each other in Caracas even if i dont live there, in one of those beautiful, pacific and glorious places we have now here.

Im very glad you know so much about our farmers, when was the last time you visit one? they are so happy, free, without problems, they have everything, they are so happy that if they go to a public hospital they bring their own needles and alcohol.

And what i find more interesting is what you say about the Tascon List, maybe im confused, i still remember when i request a Job in the goverment and they say to me they cant give me the job because i am the fuc.... list.

I really dont know if the machines are rigged, but is very naive to think they are not because the majority of the people "supports him", anyway, if you rig the machines you can always make the situation looks that way no?

And yes, you are totally right too when you said we are so happy enduring all the problems with food, electricity, water, etc etc like i was yesterday at eleven pm without electricity, i was so happy watching the roof in the dark.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by MonteroReal]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join