It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRGC Navy’s reaction to inspection of Iranian ships to be very special

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Islamic Republic of Iran Navy Commander said Wednesday, “This force is mighty and capable of reacting very especially and very appropriately to inspection against Iranian ships.”
“The Americans and their shaky allies would probably not dare to sneer at out ships maliciously anywhere in the world waters, anyway.”
“If they would resort to such a silly act in accordance with their illegitimate and illegal resolution, we would in the Persian Gulf and at the Strait of Hormoz react with a very special and very appropriate move, relying on the grace of God, and our might and capabilities that are drastically improved compared to the era of our sacred defense war.”

www.irna.ir...

I think Iranian Navy is now at the highest level of defensive preparedness to provide security in Caspian sea and Persian Gulf waters...plz let me know what do you think?

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Prof. Twister]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prof. Twister

“If they would resort to such a silly act in accordance with their illegitimate and illegal resolution, we would in the Persian Gulf and at the Strait of Hormoz react with a very special and very appropriate move, relying on the grace of God, and our might and capabilities that are drastically improved compared to the era of our sacred defense war.”

That paragraph right there has me creeped out. We know the Israelis will try to force their blockade.

What I take that paragraph as saying is Iran is ready to enforce a blockade on the world through the Straight of Hormuz. Although that would be the "appropriate" move, I don't know what "special" lends its description to.

As for the ship itself. I wonder if it isn't filled with explosives meant to blow a hole int he blockade.

Anyone know where this flotilla is currently and when it planning to meet the blockade? It can't be too much longer now, right?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sir Solomon
I don't know what "special" lends its description to.

As for the ship itself. I wonder if it isn't filled with
explosives meant to blow a hole in the blockade.

not just regular explosives
but nuclear devices on the Iran
ships as a fail safe. If they are boarded
the suicide ship explodes and destroys
ALL ships within 60 miles.

Iran can use it's ship like a suicide bomber.
It can destroy an entire fleet in the area
and thus create a tsunami in the process.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sir Solomon

well as know the Iranian Red Crescent organization has decided to postpone the departure of its aid vessel to the Gaza Strip, That order by supreme leader of Iran.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I thought about that option, but told myself that it was too ridiculous to mention because it would prove to the world that Iran has nukes and bring the wrath of everyone down on them.

I know back in the Cold War there were at least experiments with Nuclear Naval Mines. Putting a few of these in the Straight would make everyone cringe.

Thanks for the update on the fleet movement btw. Glad to know that party isn't getting started just yet.

Make no mistake though, the feeling I get from reading all of these reports and news articles is that the region is one sneeze from just pulling all of their respective triggers. Sadly I think my hopes for cooler minds prevailing will not be realized.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Unlike the Israeli air force and army, their navy isn't really anything outstanding. It's kind of the unwanted step-child of their military. The exact same thing can be said of Iran's navy too though.

In the end, the Iranian Navy cannot hope to stand up to the United States Navy, the Royal Navy or any of the other NATO countries that have ships in the area. To try is an their own funeral.

So they have subs, well that's very nice, NATO countries are very good at tracking top-of-the-line Russian subs, try us.

So they have anti-ship missile, well the Americans have AEGIS systems and after the Falklands the British learned their lesson there too.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Prof. Twister

Here is an article from ynetnews.com It looks like one ship has already departed Iran but it is not from the Red Crescent...

"Iranian aid flotilla postponed

Senior Red Crescent official says departure of vessel delayed due to lack of coordination, new date yet to be set. 'The ship isn't carrying any weapons,' he adds

Dudi Cohen
Published: 06.21.10, 14:48 / Israel News

The Iranian Red Crescent organization has decided to postpone the departure of its aid vessel to the Gaza Strip, a senior organization official said Monday.

According to the original plan, the ship was slated to join another aid vessel in an attempt to break the blockade on the Gaza Strip.

Mohammad Javad Jafarian said that a new date for the ship's departure had yet to be set. "The reason for the delay is a change made by the international Red Cross in the type of cargo and lack of international coordination."

It is unclear whether Israel's decision to ease the siege on Gaza had anything to do with the Iranian flotilla's delay.

Iranians have drawn lessons from the Navy raid on the Turkish-owned Marmara ship and have made it clear that the Iranian flotilla has no military characteristics.

"The Iranian ship is humanitarian and is not carrying any weapons. Therefore, any aggression will be in violation of international law at sea," Jafarian was quoted as saying by the ISNA news agency.

The Iranian Red Crescent announced earlier this month that it had decided to send two aid ships to Gaza and called for volunteers to act as relief workers and accompany the vessels.

The first Iranian ship, organized by a non-governmental organization called "the Iranian company for the protection of the Palestinian nation" has already set sail. It is unclear whether it will wait for the second vessel or continue towards the Suez Canal. The number of passengers on the ship and the nature of the cargo it is carrying are also unclear."

[edit on 24-6-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Iranians recently succeed to create untraceable rockets which are too dangerous. Also the US and Russian surprised with their radars, which couldn’t trace 2 of long rang rockets in last Iranian war exercise but they took photo by satellite).

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
There are a lot of unknowns in this future conflict (I'm almost 100% its a question of when now). Stealth tech has advanced greatly and is in the region. The nuclear option is now openly discussed.

Tactics have also changed. Islamic terrorists have had years to study and adapt to US ground troop operations. The only thing that they didn't have was the numbers to exploit what they found. Also the tide of war is changing. We're living in a time where aysmmetric warfare is getting a boost in that instead of low-tech low-lost soldiers using it, you're seeing proposals for using relatively low cost/tech speedboats and drones to attack naval targets or deploy mines.

To be honest I feel two emotions about whats about to come. On one hand I'm sickened by the amount of death that will happen. On the other (this is the geopolitical person in me talking) I'm excited because we're going to see some big changes which will make people study the war for decades afterwards.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
When did the Royal Navy join the party?

That paragraph cited does seem ominous. Wonder if it's an accurate translation.

Disrupting the Strait of Hormuz? Mmmm...I don't know. That would really piss off a lot of people. Maybe if China gave them the go ahead, they might do it. China would be the least happy of all. In fact, they'd most likely view it as an open declaration of war against them.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Well the UN has brought this on themselves by allowing an ilegal blocade of gaza so they can not argue if IRan does the same.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I don't really see a correlation but I've been up all night too.

The blockage of Gaza effected basically the citizens of Gaza and their commerce.

A blockade of the Strait of Hormuz would effect the commerce of two big players here most...Saudi Arabia and China.

The map topic with the players is interesting if you haven't checked it out. I'm sort of selfishly hoping that all this kind of discussion sticks to one place because I can't multitask like I used to.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

China has already stated that any actions in the Straights, they will view as a declaration of war. I will try to find where I read this. I believe it was a post on What Really Happened.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

I know. I remember when it happened. It was at the same time as a G8 meeting. I believe it was the one where Bush had his hands all over the German leader. I looked for the quote yesterday and couldn't find it. Good luck!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Sorry, I'm having a hard time finding it. I'm at work so I have to keep looking over my shoulder

I think it would just be so foolish to attack Iran at this point. They are risking WW3 over speculations of nuclear arms... just like with Iraq. And we all know how that turned out.

Iran is a trade partner with China and Russia. Iran provides China with 4% of their oil. Any disruption of that would really really piss China off.

Turkey is already pissed at Israel, and pissed at the US for their response to the flotilla situation. Lets say things do go down. What's to stop Turkey from storming into Iraq from the north? They have already been doing it.

I dunno things just aren't looking good. And there is way to much open talk of using 'tactical nuclear weapons'. Its kind of an oxymoron. "Lets use nukes so they don't get nukes". Ok....?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Hi, as far as the Royal navy goes, it is really hard to pin down how many ships we have in the region.. We hear snippets like HMS St Albans is patroling the gulf while working with French and US Naval units on exercises Saif Ledge.

www.mod.uk...

news that is hidden under titles like training and adventure.

Last year when Royal Navies Taurus 09 Task force was passing the region it was hoped one of the RNs carriers in the Gulf would join the task force, but sadly it (along with the other RN units) stayed put in the Gulf.

But honesly do not know how many units are there or if any more are on the way..

But under the training and adventure banner we know the UKs amphibous task force is joining up with a US task force off the coast of the US

www.mod.uk...

With the likes of HMS Ark Royal (carrier) embarking a contingent of the USMC AV8Bs

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It's difficult to fugure what, if anything, is happening at the moment. It's clear a full-scale invasion isn't on the cards; prior to the Iraq invasion it took the US/UK several weeks to ship all the troops and tanks to Kuwait and nothing like that seems to be happening at the moment.

It would appear then that either a limited airstrike on Iran's nuclear facilities is being planned or it's all just sabre-rattling. At the moment I'm leaning towards the latter interpretation. Any military action against Iran is full of difficulties, not least because the country is large and, unlike Iraq, it is reasonably well-defended.

Regarding Iran's naval capabilities, its potential as an offensive force is tiny. Defensively however it is perhaps stronger; it relies to a large extent on hundreds of armed speedboats that can swarm round an attacker's warships, inflicting a lot a harm while at the same time being very difficult to repel.

Given that the IAEA has been in Iran for several years it is most unlikely that Iran has produced any nuclear weapons of its own. That does not necessarily mean however that Iran has no nuclear weapons. There is a possibility (no more than that) that it has a couple of Israel's own nuclear devices, which went missing in the early 90s and have still to be located. This may even be why the Israelis overreacted so embarrassingly to the recent aid flotilla: it is paranoid that a couple of its own nukes may be in the post, marked 'Return to Sender' and with the blue touch-paper very definitely lit.

It's a long and rather convoluted story but some details are available here

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by winston_jones

I believe North Korea got their hands on a few of those 'missing Israeli nukes'.

But your point is valid. There won't... or should I say can't be a land based invasion. I think their move will be to take out tactical sites as well as their nuclear reactor sites. Most certainly Iran will retaliate. My guess is that Israel and the US would expect Iran to toss some rockets towards Israel, much like Iraq did in the first gulf war with their Scuds. But somehow I doubt they will do that. A better bet would be that Iran would go straight for whatever is in the gulf, or the straights. They have some pretty decent anti-ship weaponry and a phalanx can't get em all.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Hi this is my first post here as a member but I have been reading for a couple months to, at least the more current headliner/threads...

I am thinking that Iran would not allow boarding or inspection of ships by a declared enemy occupying the international waters off their coast. I think it will be resisted and therefore escalate. As to a bombing run destroying these nuclear facilities or enrichment operations... that would garner an in kind response to the primary perpetrators of same. IMO they are justified in either a retaliatory strike upon Israel or on Israel's bullyforce of US warships lying in wait.

This whole thing is just wrong. Support our troops by not putting them in harms way needlessly.

As to the scenario of a broadbased attack/ preparatory to invasion or whatever. the wargames simulation / excercise conducted in 2002 with USMC Lt Gen Van Riper (acting as commander of the OPFOR/ 'red team') proved that the US carrier group is destined to lose several ships in the process... He did it with exactly what Iran has available to it now. I think the US's sense of invincibility is currently it's greatest liability... I mean, really, this NeoCon wetdream includes the sacrifice of thousands of sailors and marines? does life mean nothing to them? what is the benefit to America? What do we gain here?

new topics

top topics

join