Shouldn't the BP banner read America is destroying the oceans to get the oil we need?

page: 3
9
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen
 


Wow first BP isnt an american company. Second they can drill without the United States permission in international waters. The only reason the United States has any oversight in this at all is BP wanted to bring the crude into the United States for processing. In reality they could make a deal with mexico and tell the US to kiss there butt. and send the coast guard and everyone else packing. I think the only reason they have not is were a major market.




posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen
 


The Netherlands have a population of 16 million people who use 1 million barrels of oil a day. That would be .0625 barrels per person.

The USA have a population of 320 million people who use 20 million barrels of oil a day. That would be .0625 barrels per person.

But who partly owns the oil company spilling millions of barrels of oil in the Gulf. The Netherlands. They own part of BP. wheres your complaints about them?




[edit on 24-6-2010 by JBA2848]



posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Try to avoid and deflect all you want America is an oil junky and the most profound moment for a drug addict is facing the addiction.


You need help America


and i will try even if you hate



posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeffrybinladen
Try to avoid and deflect all you want America is an oil junky and the most profound moment for a drug addict is facing the addiction.


You need help America


and i will try even if you hate


Sorry bud, you're the one making prolific use of deflection in this thread. Your last post is very telling, that you're just here trolling for drama, and trying to incite conflict.

Unless you can say you don't use oil, you have absolutely no grounds for telling us that we use too much.

Here's an interesting tidbit for you:
The United States uses 68.672 bbl/day per 1,000 people.
The British Territory of Gibraltar uses 809.94 bbl/day per 1,000 people.

If the UK had the topography, geography and population of the US, you'd be right there with us in oil use.

Get off your high horse, and welcome to my ignore list.



posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541

Originally posted by jeffrybinladen
and welcome to my ignore list.



good i'm happy for that, and the reason you face this quandary is because of ignorance.

hater



posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen
 


Hater? Who on this thread is unwilling to consider the ramifications of oil consumption of other populations (beside America) and who on this thread has attacked every response without stopping to consider it's worth and it's relevance? Close-mindedness is ignorance.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by FreshAir]



posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Everything America does is bad.

Nobody else does anything bad, anywhere.

If something bad happens involving another country, somehow find a way to blame America.

Wash, rinse, repeat. Sure beats actually *thinking,* doesn't it? And so univerally acceptable!

How about we blame companies and systems and individuals, not nations, for this kind of tragedy?



posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Shine71
 


We have no choice? True we will be dependent on oil for some time, but that doesn't mean we can't cut back.. don't drive your SUV and Truck.. buy a hybrid, an EV, a scooter, a motorcycle, a horse, a bike, or walk.. we do have a choice and if everyone helped cut back.. maybe we wouldn't need to drill in the ocean or be dependent on foreign oil that make the terrorist richer. Also there are new plastics that are made from plants.. so we do have a choice and we need to change now!



posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It's a far stretch from our needing oil, to inviting someone in to destroy our coastline.

You are all but insinuating this is what we did, Jeffrey.

Obviously the entire planet needs to reduce it's dependence on oil.
Perhaps this was inevitable.

But the finger-pointing you are doing towards American people is not the way to go.

Pot, meet Kettle.



posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
sounds just like a drug addict

LOOK

Norway did this

A bicycle costs oil

these people did this. that and so forth!

always trying to point the finger upon someone else, and that's exactly what a drug addict does. Sorry for those who responded negatively without correct procedure YOU ARE ADDICTED ON OIL


You still will not face the reality of MMS and the disaster YOU helped create. Who elects the politicians in America? Willy Wonka???? NO YOU DO


Sorry whether you realize it or not this awareness thread is lost upon you, forget about nationalism and concentrate on salvation...


THAT WOULD BE AN APPROPRIATE START

and stop blaming the other guy (country and so forth)


No one twisted arms for people to buy monstrous SUV's I guess Russia or China did that RIGHT???


Please



posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Sure i'll bike 14 miles a day. That sounds right up my alley. Not only will I do that, but it'll be on dangerous roadways with no sidewalks or bike lanes. My chance of being killed will go up considerably. Not to mention the city I live in, were I to bike to work, my odds of being mugged go up exponentially.

Find a closer place to your job you say? Sure thing, i'll just ask my job for the additional 30 grand a year I would need to afford a house within reasonable biking distance. I think that will go over really well. Maybe I can talk them into setting up the option to telecommute, that works really well for a network analyst who has to be on site to do his job.

Maybe I could find a job closer to home? Sure thing i'll take a 15k a year pay cut. Oh wait....that doesn't work for me either. Then I can't even afford that modestly priced apartment I have. Ya see all the jobs that are located within biking or walking distance are gas stations and fast food joints. Makes a lot of sense to give up a decent career to go back to a job most teenagers have.

The average American is not the problem. Would we use fully electric cars? In a frickin heartbeat, provided we could afford them. What about a car that runs on H2O? Even better. How bout you contact these big businesses and tell them to get on it and produce those for sale. Until such time, we use what is available, we live and work where we can. It would take a complete change in how society does business to rectify these things, it's not going to happen.

Until you can come up with a reasonable and financially viable idea to change the fact I drive 14 miles a day in a internal combustion engine car, I think i'll keep my biking to recreation. It's not my fault there was an accident, it also is not my fault they ignored warning signs that led to this, it's not my fault they have failed to stop this leak and it's not my fault that the government (who I didn't vote for by the way) has approved dangerous areas for drilling.

Edit to add: Since you also seem to think everyone drives giant gas guzzling SUVs, you're deluding yourself. I drive what I can afford, which happens to be a 10 year old 35mpg ford focus. Why? Because it cost me 4k to purchase. Would I drive a hybrid? Sure thing, how about they ease off the 30k+ price tag and i'll get right on that too.

[edit on 6/24/10 by Hypntick]



posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hypntick
Sure i'll bike 14 miles a day. That sounds right up my alley. Not only will I do that, but it'll be on dangerous roadways with no sidewalks or bike lanes. My chance of being killed will go up considerably. Not to mention the city I live in, were I to bike to work, my odds of being mugged go up exponentially.

Find a closer place to your job you say? Sure thing, i'll just ask my job for the additional 30 grand a year I would need to afford a house within reasonable biking distance. I think that will go over really well. Maybe I can talk them into setting up the option to telecommute, that works really well for a network analyst who has to be on site to do his job.

Maybe I could find a job closer to home? Sure thing i'll take a 15k a year pay cut. Oh wait....that doesn't work for me either. Then I can't even afford that modestly priced apartment I have. Ya see all the jobs that are located within biking or walking distance are gas stations and fast food joints. Makes a lot of sense to give up a decent career to go back to a job most teenagers have.

The average American is not the problem. Would we use fully electric cars? In a frickin heartbeat, provided we could afford them. What about a car that runs on H2O? Even better. How bout you contact these big businesses and tell them to get on it and produce those for sale. Until such time, we use what is available, we live and work where we can. It would take a complete change in how society does business to rectify these things, it's not going to happen.

Until you can come up with a reasonable and financially viable idea to change the fact I drive 14 miles a day in a internal combustion engine car, I think i'll keep my biking to recreation. It's not my fault there was an accident, it also is not my fault they ignored warning signs that led to this, it's not my fault they have failed to stop this leak and it's not my fault that the government (who I didn't vote for by the way) has approved dangerous areas for drilling.


Yes I appreciate this of course.....you need a national effective rail system now! Obviously this cannot happen right away. You pay enough taxes into agencies such as MMS staffed with drug-addicts, morons, and criminals... Trim the fat off the pig (American Govt>) and the money will be there.




that's what I would like to see



posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Ohhh No, Another Blame America thread. Another thread, started by a hate filled person.

Lets see how will I respond to this one....sigh...am not!



posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by morf991
Ohhh No, Another Blame America thread. Another thread, started by a hate filled person.

Lets see how will I respond to this one....sigh...am not!


ahhhh but you did respond NO? and more like a love filled person trying to show people salvation without greed.



posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen
 


Umm ok, Thanks!, Not sure how to respond to this one, but OK, thanks for taking YOUR time to respond my post.



posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
A more fitting banner would be...

BP- Bringing oil to American shores.



posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
From a non-legal perspective, which is what really matters, I put 90% of the blame on the american government and 10% of the blame on BP. Hell even that is too liberal!

A corporate government owned by european interests, that puts any puppet the american people want into power and then shows its true colors with big disasters such as 9-11/katrina hurricane/BP leak/imperialistic wars half way across the globe, etc.

Its mind boggling how much effort/money goes into foreign aggression and yet so little goes to protect america. America can have the best military hardware in the world yet they can't plug an oil leak or prevent a category 4 hurricane from severly damaging new orleans...nevermind a category 5!

They can't stop a bunch of wannabe terrorists, ARMED ONLY WITH BOX CUTTERS, from hijacking 4 planes and ramming 3 targets, despite the fact the cia had warned bush and company of imminent attacks. Yet they muster perfect intelligence about iraqi tanks and artillery. And obama bin laden still is unnaccounted for.............


What a bad joke america has turned into. Big cars, obesse people watching paris hilton, overworked zombies just to stay afloat and have a two week vacation, and super super super naive people believing everything government tells them without really questioning anything.

Lastly and most suprisingly, I AM AN AMERICAN living overseas that fears calling himself an american due to all the just anger directed at us. We brought the wrath to ourselfs for being ignorant and complacent. Is europe perfect? Hell no but at least people get more involved in politics, drive smaller cars, work less hours, enjoy life a bit more and are more enviroment friendly.

Sorry for my unbiased rant but I gotta call a spade a spade. JBL made some great points!



posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeffrybinladen
I find it ironic that the US government has granted BP the lease rights not just for Macondo but other dangerous drill sites ie. Project Liberty & Atlantis. Where i'm from WE WALK, in America you drive outlandish cars and complain when BP screws up?! How can this be since it's evident YOU need the oil more versus just about every country except China who makes all the plastic silly garbage American purchase and throw away year after year.....

so that is all!

START WALKING OR RIDE A BIKE


So what youre saying is you believe the oil was destined to be consumed only in america.
That when a corporation employs unsafe measures there should be no alarm or complaint.
That license agreements should be controlled and owned by the state.
That all owned vehicles are not needed and lavish.
That the leak is in the classification of screw up.
That we basically keep chinas economy going by buying and throwing away the cheap plastic junk they produce.
And that because you walk we also should only walk.

So what youre really saying is you'd like a car.

I completely understand, they do come in handy.
If you have a way of getting it to your location I'll give you, free and clear a 1999 Olds Cutlass, needs alittle work but its in very good condition.

I hope your day and mood improve.



posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeffrybinladen
Who elects the politicians in America? Willy Wonka???? NO YOU DO


Sorry whether you realize it or not this awareness thread is lost upon you,


Oh my, shame on me, I should have read ahead a little bit more.
Your sentence up above tells me there's a misunderstanding, actually 2 of them.
First one is, that you believe that votes are how these high flyers get into office.
Second one is, I believed you understood reality.

Jeffery,jeffy jeffy.
No no no no.
Go back study some more, get it right.
(I have to start reading ahead, it will just save so much time and energy)

The car offer still stands, I'm a man of my word.



posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07
 



TIGER WOOD!



Why would I want a car? I already stated my interest in a Brammo electric motorcycle, 60mph is fine. However roads are unsafe in America because of all the road tanks. I see once in a while little golf cart vehicles when purchasing American cigarettes (these are very good btw) what happens is people at the stores snicker at them. One other thing is SUV hits one of these golf carts the people are dead and the occupants in the road tank survive so they can continue raping the environment.


Also I always said that the oil would go on the global marketplace. This is irrelevant since MMS makes billions which is funneled back into a corrupt government. What happens with the money? SPENT ON CRAP.

But this is fine, at least try not taking my meaning out of context and twisting stuff around making me look like the bad guy. The bad guy/girls are the ones driving SUV's. JBL owns a backpack for books and basketball shoes (cheap converse not mike jordans) for walking.


OBESITY=STUPIDITY

NOW L@@K see how the fat people don't even care about the children!



When you consume massive amounts of food this is what happens. You have health problems, buy more clothes in bigger sizes which requires more energy to produce. Packaging requires petrol so obese people use 2-3 times the amount of plastics versus JBL. Now you buy bigger vehicles in order to sit down, and these vehicles require MUCH energy for production.....for a simpleton a 17" tire uses alot more petrol versus a 13-14" tire on a golf cart .

these people are also drug addicts and the addiction is FOOD.

so what have we do? STOP consuming so much oil and food, buy a salad, use public transportation and spend the extra hour commute time. The walk will help you lose weight, not to mention most people are not attracted towards fat people.



[edit on 25-6-2010 by jeffrybinladen]





top topics
 
9
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join