It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shouldn't the BP banner read America is destroying the oceans to get the oil we need?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I find it ironic that the US government has granted BP the lease rights not just for Macondo but other dangerous drill sites ie. Project Liberty & Atlantis. Where i'm from WE WALK, in America you drive outlandish cars and complain when BP screws up?! How can this be since it's evident YOU need the oil more versus just about every country except China who makes all the plastic silly garbage American purchase and throw away year after year.....

so that is all!

START WALKING OR RIDE A BIKE

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Im not the one to support bashing americans, or for that matter any other country, religion, culture, or what ever, but I totally agree with you that blaming just BP is plain ignorance.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
*SNIP*

NO my comment especially this 1 is the truth and you didn't like it and responded with a crud 1 line deflection.

WAKE UP! America is and should be held 50% responsible for deepwater.

& don't worry it's far from over

This global adventurism America likes to call "nation building" is all about the oil. The next disaster will be project liberty and it should be VERY VERY interesting how you'll fix that mess. You can't even plug block 252.

This accident is bound to happen again

Mod Edit: Removed quoted material from previously actioned post.

[edit on 6/24/2010 by AshleyD]

link   
I understand what you are saying in regards to the rights that they had drilling there and to support the increasing usage of oil in America (as in any country).

But negligence towards safety is different, there are thousands of oil rigs across the globe and most of them adhere to safety and general 'rig rules'

If you don't do things properly you suffer the consequences as bp are doing and there sloppy job of a clear up doesn't help them out. Unfortunately the suffering of the people on the coast and more importantly the animals outweigh anything regarding BP lively hood.

¬1

link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

Don't you have an earth shattering report to prepare?

Why aren't you focused on that instead of this tripe?

Pfft

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
great post

very true

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Absolutely, BP should change that immediately. Everyone knows that only the United States engages in offshore drilling.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Don't you have an earth shattering report to prepare?

Why aren't you focused on that instead of this tripe?

Pfft

I am preparing it

Yet I needed this distraction because apparently America is not really responding the way it should. Only through acceptance of the crimes against nature will America be able to persevere. I believe unless this BOP falls over and the casing blows out the USA will just go back to the petrol pig it has always been. hmmmmm 25% of all the oil consumption in the world speaks for itself.

NOW you may think I hate America NO NOT TRUE if this happened because of Brazil, Russia, etc I would hate on them.

You're responsible for the creation of MMS and since they granted the leasing accept the blame and stop pointing all the fingers at BP. BP is only a cog in the wheel and the wheel is certainly America with this incident.

Well that is all back to world cup soccer (I actually cheer for team usa) SO there!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The point is the company is Half American owned, it was an American rig with American Workers it isnt just BP. The way some act on this site you would believe that BP is a shadowy organisation hell-bent on destroying the worlds oceans and ecosystems. The governments are to blame for this giving big oil too much power, taking the bribes and we now find ourselves in the #e where is fema, the us coastguard, the national guard, the rest of the world, why isnt more being done, who is stopping it from being done ???? You cant tell me that BP is more powerful and has more sway worldwide that the American Government

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
double post sorry...

[edit on 24-6-2010 by deccal]

link   

Well, I wrote before something similar to what you said, but don't forget that most users are from U.S here, and most of them think that this event is the end of the world, or the biblical judgement day etc..It is very hard for them to see that this event is very much connectes with their life style, which not only harms to the Americans but to the whole world.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by deccal]

link   
Lots of people on the planet use oil.

It's too late for America! Go get more mad at China and India...they're the ones with the NEW high demand (and even higher disregard for pollution). A demand so high that they're fighting wars that are killing millions over it. Progress, you know.

reply to post by LadySkadi

Hahahaha. Good one!

Yes, JBK...how is that report coming?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by deccal

When you deem to come down from your high horse and speak to us like this? Do me a favor and say SOME Americans, k? Thanks.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeffrybinladen

Yet I needed this distraction because apparently America is not really responding the way it should. Only through acceptance of the crimes against nature will America be able to persevere. I believe unless this BOP falls over and the casing blows out the USA will just go back to the petrol pig it has always been. hmmmmm 25% of all the oil consumption in the world speaks for itself.

You do realize China is right now almost on Par with the US demand for oil right? It will surpass the US in the next 5 to 10 years with it's growing demand. So maybe you can get off your high horse and get real.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by deccal

When you deem to come down from your high horse and speak to us like this? Do me a favor and say SOME Americans, k? Thanks.

You are right, SOME of them here on ATS but almost ALL of them in the U.S.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Stupid banner, how can killing the oceans make it easier to get oil? I have geology and oceanography training and cannot see what the hell that banner is trying to say. Yeah, BP screwed up but disinformation helps them look better. This site must be owned by BP and it must be attempting to discredit protesters.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
THIS THREAD IS ASININE.

We have no choice. We must drive to our place of employment. Its the only available option to get to travel the average one-way 20-30 mile job distance that an American must travel.

Even if you leave early enough to bike,most roads are very unsafe for bicyclists. Most of us have NO time whatsoever to even cook a decent meal every night after work, so leaving 2-3 hours early for work each morning, and returning home (if alive through the highways) 2-3 hours later is not a possibility unless we wish to get no sleep at night before the next stressful day at work.

We MUST work. Not working, is NOT an option. EVEN if all our bills are paid in full, there is still PROPERTY TAX we are forced to pay.

Now chew on this:

The big shot oil tycoons buy out, and crush technologies that eliminate our need for oil for decades and decades. Us common folk design environment friendly technologies only to have them destroyed or bought out.

The common people of the planet wouldn't have to rely on oil if the CORRUPT oil tycoons who have only PROFIT and GREED on the their minds 24/7 would try to think about our planet and life itself for a CHANGE.

Chew on that. This is a STUPID THREAD.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Shine71]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

The report is fine in fact i unearthed through my research all sorts of startling info on project Liberty, BP claims they can handle a 50,000bpd event there and so far what has MMS done NOTHING.......and NOTHING will be done until the majority of Americans wake up!

also i'm very disgusted with China especially with the pollution they create. China is playing a much bigger game versus America, they turn you against everyone especially Korea and it's apparent not many of you really understand this. But that's OK I guess as long as fuel is cheap and you can fill SUV's up with petrol every week it's fine.

btw instead of making fun of reports and such perhaps the people who dismiss should be preparing one themselves after all it's your corrupt agency not mine.

The arrogance is amazing but I can take the stoning in the village square, if i can reach just one person with wisdom and public transportation I feel that i win?! NO?

well time for a WALK I do this for an exercise of mind and spirit, also my landlord has a no smoking ban in the building..... it really is horrible not smoking and watching soccer you know.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shine71
We have no choice. We must drive to our place of employment. Its the only available option to get to travel the average one-way 20-30 mile job distance that an American must travel.

See, now that's an unwarranted America-centric attitude. What about all those poor foreign people who rely on the refined fuels produced as a result of American Gulf oil production.

That's right...a significant portion of Gulf oil production is actually exported.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join