It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Side street promotion (Michigan dwindling Economy )

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I have been seeing fresh new people on the side of the streets of detroit and majority of suburban michigan promoters. For example, During tax seasons "we"(Mi people). see plenty of African americans/blacks promoting some tax company in a "statue of liberty" costume. I see a connection with this and the great depression. Lately, majority of the people who do this are either, Teenagers or African Americans/blacks. I have never seen such humilatingjob positions ever within the United States and has a positioned form of humiliation. Being a janitor has far more merit than someone outside selling Little Caesar Pizza. Hail Caesar best value around. These deplorable working conditions should be shown to the government. Worse comes to worse we place our senators with a sign that saids "Best cuts, $9.99 haircut!" just so they feel the publics shame.

The war between the middle class is forever gone.

This has been going around within the MI since early part of 2000. Perhaps I have only been noticing it until it was present within my area, but this certainly reminds me of a "depressive" state of mind we are living in

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Jordan River]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
"Your" people? Last time I checked there were only one species of human.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez

thx for contributing

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I did contribute. I hope I relieved you of your false sense of a group that you feel you have based on your skin color.

[edit on 6/24/2010 by mnmcandiez]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I did contribute. I hope I relieved you of your false sense of a group that you feel you have based on your skin color.

[edit on 6/24/2010 by mnmcandiez]

Mi has has a large diverse culture. What are you talking about?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
There's white guys in those suits all the time as well.

www.cityofzion.com...

blogs.courant.com...

sfcitizen.com...

online.wsj.com...

media.islandpacket.com...

So why is this a black and white issue? I wondered something today, why do African Americans not do anything about all the genocide going on between black tribes in Africa. That'd be something to actually care about. Is this thread closed now?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I just find it completely insane when people are leveled to this type of job. Poverty is a rampage in detroit. most of my friends are in the toilet and I find it horrible. Is this the job growth? I am as well too. I'm lucky to get a $9.00 job. That is even with "some" college

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Thanks for clearing up what the statue of liberty costumes were all about.

I noticed somebody wearing one awhile back waving at cars, it was snowing outside and wind chills were way down there. I just thought the person wasn't playing with a full deck. Then a few days later I noticed 2 different people on the same street but at different ends wearing that costume waving at cars, I thought wow I must be losing it or something. Thanks for clearing up the confusion.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Eh, obviously there are white people there. But how many times have a bunch of ats members drive down 8 mile to check the scene. Again, this is a problem for me.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

He didn't say "My people." He said "Mi people."

Mi == Michigan.

The thread is primarily about Michigan's economy, not race.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Why are you mentioning race in this discussion at all? It makes no sense. All different races have horrible jobs.

People are people.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

He brought up race two times in his original post. So yes he actually did.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
we have a saying here. When united states economy has a cold, Mi catches the flu. I am allowed to bring up race. What is the problem. They are the people of MI too. I do not see any prejudice within my post. I could careless what you think if that is what you are saying. You can't take things out of context dude. I am concerned with the people of Mi.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

If its such a problem for you, why dont you start a business, and hire all of these people who have jobs you believe to be humiliating?

Pay them what you think they deserve and lets see what happens with your business.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I do not work due to MI economy.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Wait a minute...

You dont have a job, yet you're here complaining about the types of jobs some people have?

Are you serious?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
seriously you do not see the problem here and the comparison. really?
the great depression methods being used as a job certainly should symbolizes something. the oppressive nature of the job as well ( in opinion i suppose.

United states really need to hit the reset button. Country is doomed.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
You can see these people in Ky also, advertising for Liberty Tax Services. A job is a job no matter what it is. I worked shoveling cow crap from a stockyard when I was younger. I would have much rather have been wearing a costume and waving to people....

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee

You can see these people in Ky also, advertising for Liberty Tax Services. A job is a job no matter what it is. I worked shoveling cow crap from a stockyard when I was younger. I would have much rather have been wearing a costume and waving to people....

True.perhaps I am looking at symbolism too much. This thread has lost all focused at all. EPIC failure DELETE THREAD*******************

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I live in west MI a little hell hole called Benton Harbor a place where people won't mow lawn for less than $10 an hour. Our business can't get people to come every day for 15$ an hour with unlimited overtime. Most of our new employees come from out of state

top topics

<<   2 >>

join